Out of place weekend finds

13»

Comments

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

Grabbed that Climax in some trades last week. What a f*cking break! I really dig this one, its not as muddy sounding as some of their other lps i got (was this the first LP they recorded in the US?).

Whats the Julio Lopez one like?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

I described it in an earlier post...basically its a cruise ship terd, but it has one really nice Som Tres type tune with funky, crisp drums. A one tracker, but Ill keep it.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

Freddie Scott and the Four Steps - Same Ole Beat (Marlin)

anybody know about this one? When I was in FL during Christmas I scooped an earlier pressing of this on Dade...is the Dade one raer?

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    saturday cheapo finds...good day + it was sunny as spring

jimmy smith rootdown- always nice to find cheap mint copies
    elvin bishop live at village vanguard ....not my style
    DAnny Hutton- pre-dog night...havent listened yet, but i like 3 dog night a lot and had never seen this
    Steve Morgen- morgen. scream rare.listened to it and loved it.stellar fuzz
    Bobby Hutcherson- Montara...title track is sublime
    Moloch...interesting Enterprise label blues psych
    SRC- travelers tale (not my style)
    Fela upside down/go slow ....uk press, in african condition. plays decent though. 2nd fela i caught this month (got expensive shit with no cover recently)
    SMUBBS-this is the end of the night...soso but has a couple sick moments. never seen it before
    Lambert and Nuttycombe....im not big into folk, but this sounded pretty damn good on a first listen. i wish my last name was nuttycombe

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Nice score on the Morgen.

I've wanted Moloch for a while, too.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i never seen moloch before, but it def has some heat. i remember seeing a bunch of crazy rock looking covers at the stax museum, i think moloch must have been one. a shame they dont allow pics inside the building

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

I described it in an earlier post...basically its a cruise ship terd, but it has one really nice Som Tres type tune with funky, crisp drums. A one tracker, but Ill keep it.

I seen a copy floating around, no too pricey so i may grab it now... cheers....

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I thought this thread was about records found where you'd least expect 'em to be. When did this turn into a regular ole "weekend finds" thread? Oh, I forgot - "WELCOME TO SOUL STRUT"

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Well I for one hope you don't lose any sleep over it.

Well I for one hope you don't lose any sleep over it.

nope, jes' rollin' with the flow

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    I thought this thread was about records found where you'd least expect 'em to be. When did this turn into a regular ole "weekend finds" thread? Oh, I forgot - "WELCOME TO SOUL STRUT"

My statistics show that just by adding 'weekend' to your thread title, about 14% of Soulstrut regulars will get confused.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I ended up posting in weekday finds because I saw it first. Yet it was the weekend. Crazy.

I ended up posting in weekday finds because I saw it first. Yet it was the weekend. Crazy.

...well, at least that would make your post "out of place"

(hit me: )

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    i never seen moloch before, but it def has some heat. i remember seeing a bunch of crazy rock looking covers at the stax museum, i think moloch must have been one. a shame they dont allow pics inside the building

Moloch is also one of the bands championed in this book