rihanna....

124»

Comments

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

Should Marvin Gaye have stopped after he threw a woman out the window?

Maybe David Ruffin should have for hittin on Tammi Terrell?

Dude has the right to continue to make music, but its the public that has to boycott the shit.
    Programmers should shut it down.

He's not contributing much to the music scene IMO.

I'm with you on all those points. I am basically saying his music sucks and regardless of the Rhianna situation I would appreciate an immediate removal of his recording privileges.

• Fact: We'll never know what truly happened. None of us were there, it's all speculation.

Wasn't there a rumor or something that RhiRhi gave ol' boy the Herp?

So why didn't your dad beat up your mom, then?

WTF?

Dude, did I JUSTIFY what he did? No. I asked a simple question. Did I say what he did was right? No. Fall back.

Mention my parents again, get your eye dotted. Asshole.

SHAAADUUUP!!!!!!

Nice edit there, pal. Hoping nobody else saw that?

No, no humor in ANYTHING you said. I'm not laughing.

Lighten up, says the man who disrespects someones parents and expects the other person to say haha, funny guy.

As far as C. Brown goes. I wasn't there. I didn't see what happened. I think he should be sitting in a jail cell now from the pics I've seen of her face. What makes it worse is the amount of FEMALE support he gets around the country.

Oh, OK. You came across as one of these cats that reserve judgment when there is no excuse for what he C Brown did. If I was wrong, I apologize, but you might want to be more clear in your posts, and say what you mean.

You can say anything about my parents. I'm not that insecure to care what some ethug pulls out of his ass. I;ll probably laugh if it's funy.

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts
    Squashed. Point taken.

• Squashed. Point taken.

That's good. I didn't really want to mke anyone mad. I'm just shooting blanks. Cheers.

Now, back to the gossip.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    strongly disagree that chris brown was not contributing hot music

that said, it was so based on his image as a clean inoffensive golden boy that its kinda impossible to hear his music the same way

his career is, & should be, over

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

Moderators, please strongly consider a ban.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    his career should be over because he doesn't deserve to make a living in the public eye? or because he can only record as a clean inoffensive golden boy....and that was going to be his image well into his 30s or he was just a flash in the pan anyway?
    since SoulStrut loves to fly off the handle, I'll make it clear that I am not defending the guy, but I don't get this he should crawl away and disappear approach. he's barely 20 and folks are writing him off forever? like he can't get himself help and get this shit under control? if he's got demons to deal with, better he starts recording something heartfelt and working his shit out through music rather than on someone's face.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    ill amend: his career, in its current incarnation, is & should be over -- obv im all about rehab & reinvention in that vein but ... i dunno. think about all the ways that could go 'wrong'. some woe-is-me tracks, some tracks about how folks are always judging him, tracks about how hard it is to be chris brown ... i dunno its a very fine line

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Moderators, please strongly consider a ban.
    do u ever get tired of sounding old & out of touch

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

You spelled hoTT wrong.

In seriousness, I like how little dudes are all up in here tawmbout "Nobody listens to Chris Brown". I wonder if these are the same dudes who think people actually listen to Joe Buddens and Joel Ortiz.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    ill amend: his career, in its current incarnation, is & should be over -- obv im all about rehab & reinvention in that vein but ... i dunno. think about all the ways that could go 'wrong'. some woe-is-me tracks, some tracks about how folks are always judging him, tracks about how hard it is to be chris brown ... i dunno its a very fine line

lol - I never said the music would be good!

slightly off-topic - I'm not really a pop fan so none come to mind right away but are there any really clean-cut straight pop singers that made a smooth transition to let's put the optics and repression aside, this is the real/new me....?
    Marianne Faithful and Marvin Gaye's progression is not really what I would call smooth....maybe it's not possible?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    It's true - there might be a totally good excuse for beating the shit out of Rihanna.
    Fighting words.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I didn't know that Chris Brown was a known artist. I'm only familiar with the joint he did with Elmo.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    deleted

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Chris Brown's career was over when he did that Doublemint commercial..being the sick society we are all of this will sadly work to his benefit....He'll do his 30 days in jail,clean trash on the side of the freeway,grow a goatee,do his Tavis Smiley interview,get his own MTV SPECIAL with Sway,write some depressing acoustic guitar songs and the chicks will eat it up.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    chris brown is a wanker

so is Kanye West for asking dudes to take it easy on him. And every other wanna be thug rapper that has been down with Rihanna in some form or fashion and doesnt speak loud and clear that this aint right.

The problem is with hip hop artist already very misogynistic in their material, thouse that dont speak out against it are condoning it by their silence. then you got dickheads like Fiddy who threw in a clip of CB and Rihanna 'street fighting' in one of his recent officer ricky videos. No respect, no principles.

I mean I have seen situations where women are the violent ones, and maybe theres room to push/forcibly hold or even punch a woman in self defence, but those fotos show repeats assault, so that rules out self defence.

Plus even if she went all crazy on him, you stop the car, drag her out, push her to the curb and drive off. Or you jump out your car, walk away (or run if she chases you) and call the cops on her ass.

• The problem is with hip hop artist already very misogynistic in their material, thouse that dont speak out against it are condoning it by their silence.

Can u explain this?

How does Hip Hop factor into this?

Why do u need Rappers to validate this incident that was done by R&B artists?

Where is Bono?

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    The problem is with hip hop artist already very misogynistic in their material, thouse that dont speak out against it are condoning it by their silence.

Can u explain this?

How does Hip Hop factor into this?

Why do u need Rappers to validate this incident that was done by R&B artists?

Where is Bono?

Certainly.

Because rappers and r n b singers are constantly in bed together either commercially or literally, and in the past several years its been hard to distinguish between some commercial/mainstream rap and r'nb (or neo soul...).

Because both styles/gernre share the same roots, dress styles, producers (in some cases), labels/ management, endorsements/sponsors and audience, therefore to many outsiders/maintstream heads they are similar if not the same... If you didnt follow any of rnb/hh artists in particlual, would you be able to tell for example the differecne between Beyonce and Jigga? or jarule and Ashanti? Rihanna and kanye?

NB: before I get a keyboard beatdown, I am talking about NON heads here, obviously dudes in the scene have a different perspective.

Rappers, although a lot of times unjustly, get labelled as women haters, and even the most 'conscious' rapper has at one stage or another droopped some rime or track that could be seen as anti female (again non heads perspective). From innocent disses like Mona Lisa to Break a bitch neck...there are all sorts of cringe worthy moments on hip hop releases....

The mainstream rappers, who have all at one stage or another used RnB singers to get them radio play are our representatives to the rest of the world (whether we like it, or them, its the fact).

A non hh head will just know the big names, and know them from their cross over rnb flavoured jams, so what Im saying is if those dudes ala kanye say dumb shit, it will make ppl assume all the hh scene thinks like that...and lets be honest, small minded bigots will take it as an excuse to judge ALL black males as being like Chris Brown.

But especially since traditional RnB singers (males) have been more accepted and less threatening to mainstream music and culture, now is the perfect time for HH to show that it has some maturity, respect and outrage at domestic violence, and maybe forcing the media to re examine its stereotypical view of rappers.

As for all them dudes popping shit on their records about bveing real etc. all im saying is, nows their chance to prove it. How many rappers have got locked up for dumb shit? or spent ages caught up in stupid beefs, that escalate to confrontations? If they cant get worked up about that, I would like to see a few of them back up their rimes and do something- maybe not shoot CB, but what about donating some money to a domestic violence shelter, or doing a commercial saying that shit aint cool?

F*ck Bono- Where's Oprah?

• I have to disagree with u.

I dont think artists are obligatated to respond to this.

I think its your perspective on what Hip Hop is and u would like to see some form of "social responsability" to make u feel like Hip Hop needs to "clean up" its act.

Leave Hip Hop alone.....wink-wink.