rihanna....

SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
couldn't find the original thread but here's one of the official pics.....very ef-ed up!!

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    that dude's career is over

• Options

No it isn't. He's been meeting with his pastor, everything should be fine from now on.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    im not that cynical. i have faith that folks up the ladder are gonna realize how fucked this is. esp when those pictures are out there, & since so many ppl 'know' rihanna as opposed to a girl no one knows (which is wrong imo but thats still how its going down) & especially if they establish a pattern of abuse.

• that dude's career is over

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Unless the Roc "retires" him first.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    damn

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    current gossip has her going to meet with him in hawaii or some crazy shit

Unless the Roc "retires" him first.

As entertaining as it might sound, giving him an iota of attention would help keep him in the public eye.

This isnt even worth a diss track.

20 years ago maybe w. the different climate of R&B and Hip Hop.

"Dre...beatin on Dee from Pump It Up - Step to the Dog and get fucked up."

Rhianna is not Dee Barnes.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I'll wait for the full story before passing judgment...

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    I think that photo is a fake. Google it.
    http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=47101

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    I think that photo is a fake. Google it.
    http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=47101

2 totally diff pics man. i didnt need to tell u that though did i?

• Holy shit...that is crazy. I couldn't imagine doing that do a girl. That's the work of a lunatic.

I keep thinking that this should be the case, but I still hear his songs on the radio. America's Best Dance Crew has had a song featuring him each week since the incident and tonight they even had his "Forever" as one of the videos the dancers had to recreate. I know some dudes are ready to diss America's Best Dance Crew, but I'm just saying that this is a really popular show and he's getting airplay without any negative commentary.

I've seen a bunch of stuff that was more in the "he needs help" kind of vain. nobody has really come out swinging on some "F*ck that dude" type style. I guess they are all waiting for the facts, but to me it says a lot that the excuse his people offered up was that he was cheating on Rihanna and she got mad when the other girl called and Rihanna started hitting him. His explanation is that he was cheating!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    The comments on that link Almond posted make me despair.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Yeah, that's extremely messed up. Can't imagine any sort of defense for that. Put dude in jail pronto.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    doesnt almost everyone on this entire website ride HARD (pause) for ike tho???? i bet tina looked like that 5 or 6 times at least in her life.

more than that, not to speak of the shit he did without ever laying a hand on her. the double-standard you are alluding to goes on a lot.

JB, too, right?

so tasteless to print this rihanna photo, it's out there now so not really commenting on it showing up on the Board. if she wants it released to drive the point home, that's her decision, otherwise, it's unecessary imo.

I would not be surprised if they got back together.

• I'll wait for the full story before passing judgment...

It's good to see that you're still a moron.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

I'm waiting for the facts before I pass judgement...

2 people's personal business.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I'm not getting your point

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I'm agreeing with you and Rey.

What's going on between Rihanna and Chris is their business. If they get back together then it doesn't matter what anyone thinks about this whole thing.

Relationships are complicated affairs, things get very grey, and people are talking like it's black and white.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

I'm waiting for the facts before I pass judgement...

2 people's personal business.

Whatever. If that was my daughter Chris Brown would be apologizing from his brand new wheelchair, and it would be a handwritten apology because he would have his jaw wired shut.

• Dude, she got her ass kicked. It is, actually, pretty black and white.

And the hell with "it's their business" - these are pop stars, Rihanna particularly. They are both rich from the hard earned dollars of people who actually give a F*ck enough to follow their careers and pay large amounts of money to buy their records and attend their live shows. They don't have to give an interview to the Today Show but an explanation is certainly due. Otherwise, rumors will continue to circulate and people will draw their own conclusions.

My conclusion is that Brown's a piece of shit who's career should be deservedly over.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Whatever. If that was my daughter Chris Brown would be apologizing from his brand new wheelchair, and it would be a handwritten apology because he would have his jaw wired shut.

Ok, but it's not your daughter, so why bother?

• And F*ck Ike Turner and James Brown too. Brilliant musicians who were both stone crazy pieces of shit.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I'm agreeing with you and Rey.

What's going on between Rihanna and Chris is their business. If they get back together then it doesn't matter what anyone thinks about this whole thing.

Relationships are complicated affairs, things get very grey, and people are talking like it's black and white.

There is nothing grey about busting someone's head.

If she chooses to forgive him, that's her business. The minute he cracked her in the face, his personal business was in the street, end of story.

• R. Kelly's cool though

• You know what actually forget that other post - this could be a culturally-specific way of expressing undying love, and who am I as a cultural outsideur to judge it?

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

If she chooses to forgive him, that's her business. The minute he cracked her in the face, his personal business was in the street, end of story.

they're celebrities paid by our money

Then go do something about it. Really. What's the point of getting all fired up on the internet? Society of the Spectacle all over this piece. If you see a woman looking bruised up do you ask her who did it so you can teach them a lesson?

Do I think it's right to beat up a girl? Hello no. I don' think it's right to lump anybody up like that, man, woman, animal or otherwise.

• I'm not clear where this goes from "it's their business" to "well do something about it then!"

I guess I'll have to step to Chris Brown next time I see him. Until then, my rage will be confined to the internets.