The new LOST thread

Comments

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    so nobody else was feeling the part at the end where they tried to recreate the original flight but everyone represented someone else? i didnt love it, but i also didnt think it was even the worst episode of the season.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    ps im hoping Walt was in coach or something

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    so nobody else was feeling the part at the end where they tried to recreate the original flight but everyone represented someone else? i didnt love it, but i also didnt think it was even the worst episode of the season. [/quote

The only parallel I saw was Sayid and the lady cop. Were there other parallels on the flight?

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    locke and jacks dad obviously
    sayid as you said
    ben showing up late as hurley did
    hurley had the guitar case to rep charlie and was reading a comic book at that one part to shoutout walt
    hell i got a charlie vibe from kate to be honest with you, she looked pretty shifty on the plane......

i liked that scene *shrug*
    im thinking theres about to be 2 new characters from the flight also

• was that one middle eastern guy (not sayid) on the flight previously?

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i don't think so, and considering i recognize that actor and he's been in famous movies etc i doubt he was on there for a 1 line cameo

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    that middle eastern guy was in the same outfit as said in irak wasnt he?

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Previous episode was a waste. Introducing Jack's grandfather so haphazardly that Jack had to explicitly call him "grandaddy" three times was not a good look.

Overall, I think season 4 was incredibly but season 5 is dwindling.

• Previous episode was a waste. Introducing Jack's grandfather so haphazardly that Jack had to explicitly call him "grandaddy" three times was not a good look.

yeah, it was so unnatural.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    hurley had the guitar case to rep charlie and was reading a comic book at that one part to shoutout walt

The comic Walt found on the island was Hurley's, he was reading it on 815 (which is why it was in Spanish). The one he had last week looked similar.

hell i got a charlie vibe from kate to be honest with you, she looked pretty shifty on the plane......

Word - I didn't even think about that, pretty sure Charlie was wearing shades the first time around as well.

What bothered me about that part was Jack acting so giddy and seemingly oblivious to the fact that pretty much everybody but him and Ben were there against their will. It was also kinda anticlimactic when it just went white and they woke up on the island.

im thinking theres about to be 2 new characters from the flight also

Yeah, we already saw the woman who was transporting Sayid in the preview - and that dude is definitely going to be involved (a lot of people are already sure he's one of the people on that other boat that shot at the left-behinds in the future).

• Everybody in this thread is in serious need of some swag.

What is wrong with you people?

Pleased to know you care enough about us to risk your own swag just by posting in here.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    1. With Ben Linus killing John Locke, could Charles Whitmore actually be "a good guy"?

2. How did Ben Linus convince Charles Whitmore to leave the island?

3. Was Charles Whitmore actually the leader on the island for a number of years?

4. What is up with the new characters that were introduced over the last two episodes?

5. How is Walt going to be pulled back into everything? The Others obviously captured him for a reason earlier, and now he's having dreams about John Locke.

6. And unrelated to the recent episodes, what ever happened to Claire?

• corsiccorsic oakland, ca 232 Posts
    1. With Ben Linus killing John Locke, could Charles Whitmore actually be "a good guy"?

2. How did Ben Linus convince Charles Whitmore to leave the island?

3. Was Charles Whitmore actually the leader on the island for a number of years?

4. What is up with the new characters that were introduced over the last two episodes?

5. How is Walt going to be pulled back into everything? The Others obviously captured him for a reason earlier, and now he's having dreams about John Locke.

I think Ben killed Locke cause either he knew he had to die or he knew that with him dead it'd be easier to convince the others to go back to the island. Also, Ben didn't have the info that he needed to get them back to the island yet - the once John gave it to him he killed him. I'm also not ruling out Ben being evil, just maybe his killing John wasn't truly out of evilness.

I'm not buying the idea of Widmore being a good guy. The dudes that he sent to the island had the intention of killing EVERYONE on it - knowing that all the Oceanic passengers were on it too.

I'm not believing Widmore was the leader on the island - seemed pretty clear to me that Richard was running that shit when he was around.

I'm pretty sure the two new characters work for Widmore, like Walt said, he had a dream that john was standing in the ocean in a suit surrounded by people that wanted to hurt him.

What's up with young Walt being a better actor than old Walt? It's the same kid.

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    The thing I asked myself last night was if Widmore knows where the exit point is for the island, how is it he wasn't able to capture Ben? Ben would have landed in the same dessert as Locke did. I'm assuming that means Widmore needs Ben to either gather the 6, or lead him back to the island.

I recall reading a theory a while ago (I know, 99.9% of theories are wrong) that suggested Widmore was banned from the island because he used it to create his fortune. He was able to predict the markets etc... and therefore built a fortune by looking into the future. He knew to do this because Hanzo's grandfather did the same thing to create the fortune needed to found Dharma. It could explain why he went from a common Dharma worker into Donald Trump status.

The thing I asked myself last night was if Widmore knows where the exit point is for the island, how is it he wasn't able to capture Ben? Ben would have landed in the same dessert as Locke did. I'm assuming that means Widmore needs Ben to either gather the 6, or lead him back to the island.

Widmore and Ben can't do shit to one another. So are "the rules."

And I'm still not clear why Ben killed John but I'm surprised people here are even debating Ben's overall evilness or not. I mean, dude gassed his own father to death and helped kill a slew of people who never did him any harm. He's already tried to kill (or actually killed) John TWICE, mostly out of jealousy it appears. And he tried (and perhaps succeeded) in killing Penny as revenge for his daughter (that he apparently stole) getting killed.

He's not a good guy. He's just a complicated bad guy. As Whitmore likely is too.

We don't know. It does seem that whole family - Jack, his dad, Claire and Aaron - are all tied into the island is some deep way however.

Widmore and Ben can't do shit to one another. So are "the rules."

While they have hinted at this arrangement before, we should also keep in mind what happened when Ben woke up in the desert: a couple dudes rolled up on horseback with automatic weapons (and then he took them out, of course).

And I'm still not clear why Ben killed John but I'm surprised people here are even debating Ben's overall evilness or not. I mean, dude gassed his own father to death and helped kill a slew of people who never did him any harm. He's already tried to kill (or actually killed) John TWICE, mostly out of jealousy it appears. And he tried (and perhaps succeeded) in killing Penny as revenge for his daughter (that he apparently stole) getting killed.

He's not a good guy. He's just a complicated bad guy. As Whitmore likely is too.

HE f*cking KILLED ABBADON, WTF?!?!

I agree on both of them, BTW... both always seem to be manipulating things for their own purposes.

You can't kill Cedric! (He'll be back. Or not).

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

What's up with young Walt being a better actor than old Walt? It's the same kid.

Ha ha that was the first thought I had when he appeared on screen - seemed mad awkward. In fact while it was miles better than the previous week (and I'll never complain about an episode focusing on Locke), the quick narrative fill in of the episode was pretty funny at times "Hey John I had a dream about you, see you later!" "Hi John I know you remember me from when you had you accident" "Hi John I got married then she died" etc etc.

Still Like that the plot's building up again and be interested to see what happens to the other passengers who are on the second island with Locke though hopefully they won't stray too far from getting the story towards some kind of climax.

• Widmore and Ben can't do shit to one another. So are "the rules."

And he tried (and perhaps succeeded) in killing Penny as revenge for his daughter (that he apparently stole) getting killed.

what rules are you speaking of?

and when did he kill penny?

btw, walt during his absence on lost was on a Tostino's pizza roll commercial. make that money walt!

• and what's the deal with Jacik's dad's role on the island? Is he really alive? Is it a ghost? Is Jacob just assuming Jack's dad's appearance? If not...where is Jacob and what is his role now? why does Richard never seem to age? for supposedly answering a lot of questions this season, they have a lot more to go.

• and what's the deal with Jacik's dad's role on the island? Is he really alive? Is it a ghost? Is Jacob just assuming Jack's dad's appearance? If not...where is Jacob and what is his role now? why does Richard never seem to age? for supposedly answering a lot of questions this season, they have a lot more to go.

im assuming the island brings dead people back to life as long as they died outside the island. which is why locke came back to life.

this season feels frustrating.

• Widmore and Ben can't do shit to one another. So are "the rules."

And he tried (and perhaps succeeded) in killing Penny as revenge for his daughter (that he apparently stole) getting killed.

what rules are you speaking of?

and when did he kill penny?

I don't know if any rules were ever stated, but they've got something that keeps them from directly killing eachother. Ben was in Widmore's bedroom that one time. Snuck up on him while he was in bed and just said "I'll kill your daughter" and rolled out. He obviously could have killed him right there, but they either have some sort of agreement, or at least he needs Widmore to be alive to see that Penny is dead.

They haven't shown that he killed Penny, but that is the assumption because he came back all bloody and wounded right before the flight. Penny would have been in that area because her and Desmond were there together (they live on a boat). If Desmond was there, then Penny had to be as well. Ben saw that Desmond was there at the Hawking's meeting and realized this was his chance to get her and he secretly jetted off, saying he had to take care of something.

Ha, why do people insist on asking questions for which there are obviously no answers? I.e. "what's up with Jack's dad?"

Like anybody actually knows (except maybe the writers and even then, I'm not sure). Is Christian a ghost? A resurrection? To me, he seems like some kind of an embodiment of "the island" - so he's not exactly human (hence his ability to random appear places and then disappear).

Also, it was insinuated clearly that Ben was going to go find Penny and kill her as he promised to do. The fact that he shows up at the docks, looking like he had the shit beat out of him, suggests to me he failed. I'm sure we'll find out later though.

• corsiccorsic oakland, ca 232 Posts

btw, walt during his absence on lost was on a Tostino's pizza roll commercial. make that money walt!
    Yeah, I saw that too. Ha.
    Also, it was insinuated clearly that Ben was going to go find Penny and kill her as he promised to do. The fact that he shows up at the docks, looking like he had the shit beat out of him, suggests to me he failed. I'm sure we'll find out later though.
    My guess is that he did indeed fail at offing Penny, and had the shit kicked out of him by either her or Desmond, but was able to escape; thus motivating Desmond to now track him down (i.e. go back to the island) and kill him, or at least commence with further ass kicking. Just a thought.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    whoa

Last night's ep was kind of anti-climactic. And unforgiveably cheesy.

I disagree.

Also, I think the cheesiest eps this year were early in the season.

I'm kinda worried about how this whole 'changing the future' storyline is gonna end up though since it doesn't even make any sense. I was also uncomfortable w/the fact that everyone decided to change the future for selfish reasons.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts

Easily the worst season finale of the 5.

The shit, which was already silly, is off-the-charts silly last night.

Looks like it's all on some Ayn Rand "freewill vs. destiny" shit.

Looks like it's all on some Ayn Rand "freewill vs. destiny" shit.

This has always been heavily emphasized as a theme on the show.

But I do agree it doesn't stack up to the epicness of prior finales (I think I'd built my own expectations too high last year and that one disappointed me though).