The new LOST thread

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    One thing that just occurred to me - anytime a major character dies, the episode is usually devoted to part of their backstory in a significant way and they didn't do that with Juliet which probably says - she's not dead. Not sure how the actress will balance her new show and "Lost" though, I'm still assuming she'll be a limited cameo rather than regular.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts

One more thing, in Juliet's flashback her parents looked like they were living in the mid nineties rather than what I would have thought would have been around the mid seventies. Confusingly sloppy.

I thought the same thing. It was like it was filmed in an ikea showroom.

One more thing, in Juliet's flashback her parents looked like they were living in the mid nineties rather than what I would have thought would have been around the mid seventies. Confusingly sloppy.

It was also just narratively pointless. We didn't need to see that to understand that Juliet might be rather pissed if Sawyer seems to still be in love with Kate.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    did they ever tell us why charlotte knew how to speak korean? and what the significance was?

also, why did locke, ben, sun & the pilot guy not get transported back in time like the rest of the oceanic 6?

next season is the last season of the show, am i right?

did they ever tell us why charlotte knew how to speak korean? and what the significance was?

also, why did locke, ben, sun & the pilot guy not get transported back in time like the rest of the oceanic 6?

next season is the last season of the show, am i right?

1) I don't believe they explained how Charlotte knew Korean. I doubt it's an important plot point.

2) A fine question. The only thing I can imagine - and this isn't much of an answer - is that the "Island didn't want them in the past." With Locke in particular though, well, he's dead so that probably explains that.

3) Yes.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

It was also just narratively pointless. We didn't need to see that to understand that Juliet might be rather pissed if Sawyer seems to still be in love with Kate.

Some are suggesting that the room/clothes in Juliet's flashback didn't seem right for when we think they should've taken place intentionally - as in, she wasn't a child in the time when she should have been (the book they make a point of showing on the coffee table is from 1986, apparantly). This makes sense as the idea that they could've dropped the ball on something like that all of a sudden (after five years of doing it) is kinda ridiculous.

To address O's point, I think that scene also had another purpose other than the obvious: hers was the only flashback where Jacob didn't show up and touch her. So perhaps she's not part of the 'team' he assembled that will help/save him in the future (which is probably what he's referring to when he gasps "they're coming" at the end).

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    did you watch???

*** SPOILERZ ALERT: ******************

The Jacob guitar case ankh made me lulz
    actually I laughed a lot during the episode
    Juliette dying = RIP (WHY MUST I CRY???), but why the hell didn't they just take her to the temple too? sayin

• why the hell didn't they just take her to the temple too? sayin

I was thinking the same thing.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    NO LOVE FOR BLONDIES ON LOST

SIGH

She'll be back. (Probably)

• HamHam 872 Posts
    what a disappointing ending this series is going to have. anyone can just die and for just about any reason whatsoever be alive again in this show, and i really doubt they can make it interesting in the end/resolve all the questions etc in any "plausible" way

what a disappointing ending this series is going to have. anyone can just die and for just about any reason whatsoever be alive again in this show, and i really doubt they can make it interesting in the end/resolve all the questions etc in any "plausible" way

Dude, but have you not watched the show? EVERYONE gets resurrected sooner or later.

I agree with your second point though - there's so many major loose ends to tie up out there. Hard to see how they'll find a way to thread them all.

• omfg...there is a Lost thread here....oh damn! i cant get away from it....luckily i am a huge lostie!

there are reasons why Sayid was taken to the temple and there are reason as to why Jacob asked for him to be taken to the temple...

t'was such a great episode, next week on the other hand is going to be better...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Dude, but have you not watched the show? EVERYONE gets resurrected sooner or later.

I agree with your second point though - there's so many major loose ends to tie up out there. Hard to see how they'll find a way to thread them all.

Actually, the producers make a big deal out of DEAD = DEAD on the island.

edit: this is why Richard is so confused when it appears that Locke has been "resurrected" (which, of course, he wasn't)

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Sayid is Jacob.

Sayid is Jacob.

Oh snap. I'm feeling this.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm saying, along the lines of what I think is the bigger picture of it all being this battle of duality, the dark vs light, good vs evil type shit. Harkens back to Locke & Walt w/ the backgammon. Like in order for Jacob and the man in black to have their final battle they had to find their "loophole" which is what man in black did with using Locke as a host...

... but Jacob was cool with that which is why he didn't stress when they came to kill him. He knew he was gonna use someone else as the host which is why he told Hurley to take Sayid to the temple.

I dunno, just some thoughts. Might nit be that far off though.

Question - what's all the hyper-aggressive, murderous hippies on the island. The new dudes at the temple, the Dharma dudes. Where's the peace and love.

• Sayid is definately Jacob, that is the loophole, just like the MIB had to find a loophole in order to kill Jacob, now it is Jacob who has found the loophole and shit is going to get deep....which is why it was so important as Jacob stated to get Sayid to the temple which only Jin new the location of...

there are still a lot of unanswered question about mib/smokey like, how is it that Ben worked for Jacob, but yet summoned the smoke monster from below his house in otherville to kill Keamy and the dudes from the freighter...Ben was getting screwed, but it doesnt make sense that he would unleash the beast, but still be on Jacobs side....not to mention the alternate reality times lines they are on are sorta fuct as well...mind you i can follow it, but having a set of people step off the plane in LAX yet have them on the island can get confusing...i guess that is why now it sould really be only the "diehards" watching the show...anyone trying to jump on the boat at this point to see what the hype is all about...is going to be Lost (no pun intended)...lol

I'm saying, along the lines of what I think is the bigger picture of it all being this battle of duality, the dark vs light, good vs evil type shit. Harkens back to Locke & Walt w/ the backgammon. Like in order for Jacob and the man in black to have their final battle they had to find their "loophole" which is what man in black did with using Locke as a host...

... but Jacob was cool with that which is why he didn't stress when they came to kill him.

Let's be real: how many people expected Jacob to say, "if you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I try not to speculate on Lost because I think it would open a door of fixation I'd rather leave closed. All I'll say is, Sawyer kicking Jack in the face at the beginning of the episode was pretty raw. A little over the top, considering the big hole right behind him. I mean, throwing dude into the hole ??? understandable. Kicking him in the face? OK. Kicking him in the face so he falls the 20 feet into the hole? Maybe a bit much.

That is all.

• Sayid is not Jacob. The writers of the show were on tv yesterday and made it pretty clear it's not him.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Damn... That's all I had dudes, I got nothing else.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    amazing season opener, I'm with the Sayid is Jacob theory. so many questions about the landed-plane alternate timeline. can't wait for next week.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

For now I'm willing to trust the storytelling abilities of the show's creators to provide a satisfying if not complete ending for Lost. If you ask for every mystery to be solved, you end up with midichlorians.

• if Sayid is not Jacob then there are a grip of dudes who think otherwise, most of the people i talk with feel the same, might wanna check Lostpedia or darkufo - most of the people theorizing about these things believe the same as well...seems rather cut and dry that that is what is going to happen...of course this is Lost were talking about and hell! Sayid could end up being Walt for all we know....lol

• Dudes, nothing on this show makes even the slightest bit of sense anymore. It hasn't for a while. Have you not noticed that?

I loved the first two seasons but it has seriously gone to shit.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Dudes, nothing on this show makes even the slightest bit of sense anymore. It hasn't for a while. Have you not noticed that?

I loved the first two seasons but it has seriously gone to shit.

A giant Mayan temple staffed by Asian dudes and the guy from Deadwood that magically appears in the middle of the island and has a fountain of youth-type thing in it. What about that doesn't make sense?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    So who heard the theory that Aaron is Jacob? Well, maybe not, but I think Aaron's significance will come into play this year.

For now I'm willing to trust the storytelling abilities of the show's creators to provide a satisfying if not complete ending for Lost. If you ask for every mystery to be solved, you end up with midichlorians.

I didn't say minor loose ends, I said MAJOR.

I don't expect, nor even desire to have everything tied up like a bow. But I'm just saying, the task ahead of them is pretty heady if they plan to resolve even the big, overarching mysteries on the show.

And Kidinquisitive: S3 was the show's nadir but things picked up considerably towards the end of 4, Season 5 was fire and we'll have to see how S6 goes.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I dunno man there are 18 episodes this season. I have faith that they can wrap it up somewhat properly within that time span.