The new LOST thread

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    the wife thinks that while it seemed that the bomb exploded while juliette was hitting it with the rock that it was actually a flash instead. anyone else think that?

what irritated me the most was that jack and sawyer are talking about bullshit and kate(whore) while sayid is shot in the back of the van. what the F*ck are you talking about?!?! 5 min... dude is dying!

oh and rose and her husband just chilling out in the green. what... no one from dharma saw a hut and a dog while driving around the island? cmon... that seemed a little unbelieveable too.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    I hate how they introduced a new character (Jacob) in this last episode and had him be the thread that tied everything together. Smells to me like lazy writers.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I hate how they introduced a new character (Jacob) in this last episode and had him be the thread that tied everything together. Smells to me like lazy writers.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jacob was devised before most/all of the 'main' characters we've been familiar with thus far.

Plus they've been talking about him and how he's running things since Season 3.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Naw, I thought Jacob's introduction was one of the better parts of the finale.

Overall, I didn't think it was hella weak; it was pretty solid in parts.

But the whole "I had her and I lost her" + "If I never meet you, I never have to lose you" was LAME AS F*ck.

But the whole "I had her and I lost her" + "If I never meet you, I never have to lose you" was LAME AS F*ck.

I'm with you - their motivations were beyond suspect, it was just straight up dumb.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    oh and rose and her husband just chilling out in the green. what... no one from dharma saw a hut and a dog while driving around the island? cmon... that seemed a little unbelieveable too.

I don't think they were like actually out there...

I think they were put there by Jacob.

Anyways, I liked last nights eps. And I really enjoyed this season wayyyy better than last season.

what do you mean by "put there by jacob"? im interested in your theory

No, they're out there... I'm 95% sure they're going to die in the caves and be the "Adam & Eve" skeletons discovered there in Season 1.

Given that Dharma didn't know where the "hostiles" lived, I don't see why it's so unbelievable that Rose and 'em could survive out on the fringes of the island. Obviously, Dharma is far from omniscient and their range seems very much contained to their compound.

I'm guessing Rose and Bernard live beyond that boundary and they clearly seem disinterested in intruding into the politics of the island otherwise.

Any Egyptian scholars out there care to comment on the symbolism of the statue?

No, they're out there... I'm 95% sure they're going to die in the caves and be the "Adam & Eve" skeletons discovered there in Season 1.

Word. That's one leading theory and it sounds as plausible as anything.

but rose said that she saw jin driving around. im just surprised that there was an already made trail to their "secret" location but no one saw it while riding around in the dharmobile

• corsiccorsic oakland, ca 232 Posts
    What's up with the Stephen Baldwin look-a-like playing Jacob? What else has he been in? Someone said Dexter, what else though?

Overall, I thought it was good, but it's kind of like hitting the reset button, cause it can pretty much go anywhere from here; at least the way they left it. I didn't really like how they created this character to become John Locke to come back and kill Jacob, WTF?

I'll definitely be watching next season though to see what sort of hi jinks in sue.

I'm interested in this theory of flash vs. explosion. I mean, it could be that the bomb, because it was so close to the magnetic core, just triggered a flash because of the radiation it's emitting? I don't know, just thinking.

I know nothing, but if you hadn't yet heard its probably Sobek check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sobek

[LOL, the LOST ref has been added to the page since last night]

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

I know nothing, but if you hadn't yet heard its probably Sobek check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sobek

[LOL, the LOST ref has been added to the page since last night]

Looked like Anubis holding an ankh to me. God of the afterlife holding a symbol of everlasting life.

The teeth go so far back on the head that I found the "crocodile-head" argument convincing, I could be sold on something else though.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    what do you mean by "put there by jacob"? im interested in your theory

Just a feeling I got when they were so nonchalant about everything going down. And the talk about all they want is to be together. Even in death.

When Jacob and man who sat down next to him had that convo watching the ship. They are having some sort of debate about humans and that "it always ends the same" with in fighting, destruction and corruption.

My theory is Jacob put Rose & Bernard out there to place a thought in their head to remind them what is really important in life.

I have more thoughts on all this, but I'm working and don't have the time to get into much detail.

One interesting theory that I'm kind of feeling is that by setting off the bomb, Juliet created another "flash" which will catapult everyone into the future.

Of course, Elizabeth Mitchell has a new show so I think it's fairly likely she won't be coming back as a regular. Boo.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts

Of course, Elizabeth Mitchell has a new show so I think it's fairly likely she won't be coming back as a regular. Boo.

If she gone I'll miss those swangers and bangers.

If she gone I'll miss those swangers and bangers.

For real, she was one of the best things from the last three seasons and, in my mind, single-handedly saved Season 3 from being even crappier than it was.

Here's the thing: she'll be back at SOME point. They all will - Michael, Charlie, etc. But I think her days as a regular are toast.

One thing I haven't seen discussed: Jacob left that guitar case in the cab w/Hurley and H carried it around w/him from them on. Are we to assume it was Charlie's, and that's both what convinced H to go and the reason why he's carrying it with him?

One thing I haven't seen discussed: Jacob left that guitar case in the cab w/Hurley and H carried it around w/him from them on. Are we to assume it was Charlie's, and that's both what convinced H to go and the reason why he's carrying it with him?

To add: we still don't know how Hurley got discharged from jail, either.

Season 6, 2010!

• NumbersNumbers 7 Posts
    I just hope seas 6 brings back Claire....lawd a'mercy.

I've also heard Adam & Eve = Sawyer & kate...

How annoying is Kate right now? Make up your damn mind!

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    you guys hating on last nights ep are crazy. yes the love stories intersecting with nuclear bombs on the island etc was retarded, but the whole jacob vs THE MAN IN BLACK, free will vs predestination shit was awesome. nobody elses face was melted by the fact locke has been dead the whole time and there was a fake evil locke controlling shit?

Kate. Must. Die.

But of course, won't.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    yes, fake evil locke = facemelt.

• FunkyFlatulentFunkyFlatulent 1,106 Posts
    present day lost > stuck in the past lost. The love story was stupid for that lagging ten minutes in the jungle the rest was pretty awesome. I've avoided every lost thread on the internet cause i don't want to know anything, but i kept thinking what happened to the plot about not being able to have kids on the island. that seemed important lol. Did i miss something?

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I've avoided every lost thread on the internet cause i don't want to know anything, but i kept thinking what happened to the plot about not being able to have kids on the island. that seemed important lol. Did i miss something?

That was brought up this season where Horace's wife Amy gives birth to Ethan. They suggested that the "past LOST" was before "the event" that caused all women to be unable to give birth successfully on the island.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Wasn't hating on the finale last night but christ did it drag in parts and not entirely convinced about this whole Jacob visiting them all at crucial moments in their life stuff. Also was made to look like he resurrected Locke after the fall out the window as well.

Thought they made it pretty clear that it wasn't Locke as soon as they started carrying round the case but was still disappointed as I'll miss his aimless carrying on and his ever increasing moobs.

Overall felt a bit messy and the new characters (Jacob's followers/assistants) feel rushed in to the story, kept on trying to remember how much I should know about them already.

Kate's character has become more and more of an irritant throughout the series, Jack appears to be loony and they need to devote more times to Miles.

One more thing, in Juliet's flashback her parents looked like they were living in the mid nineties rather than what I would have thought would have been around the mid seventies. Confusingly sloppy.

• One thing I haven't seen discussed: Jacob left that guitar case in the cab w/Hurley and H carried it around w/him from them on. Are we to assume it was Charlie's, and that's both what convinced H to go and the reason why he's carrying it with him?

To add: we still don't know how Hurley got discharged from jail, either.

Season 6, 2010!

I thought Ben's lawyers hooked that up.