So Long, Everybody

Comments

• Ben rules.

Can we get a

• Ben rules.

Can we get a

willie can you pls translate the meaning of your prose selection here? cascading juice related

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Ben rules.

Can we get a

I doubt he would be psyched to see me talking about his lack of self-esteem and the fact that he was inept with the ladies. However, Elise knows one of my other college buddies from that group???A*** Ch****. She can easily get corroboration and additional Benny stories.

Bozak is good friends with A*** too. Fun fact: Bozak once slept on my floor in the room I was living in when this all went down.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Ben rules.

Can we get a

I doubt he would be psyched to see me talking about his lack of self-esteem and the fact that he was inept with the ladies.

It would be much better if you could remember the girl across the hall's name, find her on facebook, bring her here.

related

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Ben rules.

Can we get a

I doubt he would be psyched to see me talking about his lack of self-esteem and the fact that he was inept with the ladies.

It would be much better if you could remember the girl across the hall's name, find her on facebook, bring her here.

related

Pork Related? Oh wait, that works.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    People always call this place a community. I don't fit in here, so I'm moving on.
    Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla...

Alright, that's good enough.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. HOW f*ckin SERIOUSLY DO YOU TAKE YOURSELF? YOU PUSSY, YOU ABSOLUTE PUSSY, THIS IS THE INTERNET, YOU ARE NOT RETIRING FROM SHIT NOR ARE YOU ACCEPTING AN ACADEMY AWARD SO SAVE THE THANK YOUS.

AND YOU KNOW WHAT: WHY DONT YOU GO AND WRITE A f*ckin POEM ABOUT HOW YOU CANT COME BACK BECAUSE I JUST BANNED YOU.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• People always call this place a community. I don't fit in here, so I'm moving on.
    Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla...

Alright, that's good enough.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. HOW f*ckin SERIOUSLY DO YOU TAKE YOURSELF? YOU PUSSY, YOU ABSOLUTE PUSSY, THIS IS THE INTERNET, YOU ARE NOT RETIRING FROM SHIT NOR ARE YOU ACCEPTING AN ACADEMY AWARD SO SAVE THE THANK YOUS.

AND YOU KNOW WHAT: WHY DONT YOU GO AND WRITE A f*ckin POEM ABOUT HOW YOU CANT COME BACK BECAUSE I JUST BANNED YOU.

Mean! Why are dudes so mean on soulstrut these days? You guys sure are ban happy. Couldn't believe what I was reading when you guys ripped apart and then almost banned the meth addict when he was needing help and people to talk to in his darkest days, now you are banning this guy? For what? Because he likes poetry and wants attention?

come on.... why all the regulating, let people be who they are...everyone has the right to an opinion.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    You guys sure are ban happy. Couldn't believe what I was reading when you guys ripped apart and then almost banned the meth addict when he was needing help and people to talk to in his darkest days.

He earned his ban in other threads that were going at the time, which you didn't
    read. I will admit the piling on was ridiculous in that one. Longtime lurkers
    were registering accounts to finally post, just to get a cheap shot in.

It's OK, though. It's only the internet - and NZS is just not letting MDT
    leave on his own soap opera terms, I can't blame him even if it was a bit harsh.

If its any consolation, i unbanned the big pussy.

come on back anytime mad drama queen.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Jesus, NZS, that was, how should I say it.. a bit mad... with quite a bit of drama..... almost as if you were trying to teach somebody a lesson....?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Afterwards *ates didn't show up to school for awhile, and eventually disappeared from school altogether. The word was that he was sent to military school.

This story reminded me of how, every couple of years, one of the girls from my high school would "disappear" only to show up at the local Catholic school.

Pregnancy and/or abortion-R.

Provided, this was the 80s and it was a more conservative and status-obsessed local community but even then, I thought it was strange that pregnancy necessitated banishment. I've been curious if this "tradition" is still being carried on today.

• I've been curious if this "tradition" is still being carried on today.

I graduated from high school in '97, but it happened back then. The girls actually went to the same school as the total F*ck ups, like the violent kids. It was called "Broadway" in San Jose. In middle school there was a sixth grader who was sent away.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I thought it was strange that pregnancy necessitated banishment. I've been curious if this "tradition" is still being carried on today.

kala got mad drama teacher pregnant????

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    ha!

Jesus, NZS, that was, how should I say it.. a bit mad... with quite a bit of drama..... almost as if you were trying to teach somebody a lesson....?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I've been curious if this "tradition" is still being carried on today.

I graduated from high school in '97, but it happened back then. The girls actually went to the same school as the total F*ck ups, like the violent kids. It was called "Broadway" in San Jose. In middle school there was a sixth grader who was sent away.

indeed! The earliest I knew was someone sent away after the first year in high school which already seemed hella young but 6th grade? Yikes.

• Man F*ck a meth head for real.

[Thes]I've got addicts in my family[/Thes]

I don't regret a single thing I said to or about that dude.

Sorry Lily...

AnywaY, carry on!

Man F*ck a meth head for real.

Sorry Lily...

AnywaY, carry on!

We've decided to send you to Catholic school.

• Man F*ck a meth head for real.

Sorry Lily...

AnywaY, carry on!

Hey Johnny,

I didn't mean to drag this whole thing out again, but I guess I did. I have (several) addicts in my family as well. I understand a tough ( love?) type of stance, because it's true that pity and sympathy never got anyone into rehab, BUT everyone is a human being, and as someone who has been around addicts, you should know it's a disease and it doesn't make someone inherently worthless because they develop a drug problem. Because I know you and know you're a good dude, I chose to think that your reasons for being so cold to this guy were because you thought that was the most healthy and proper stance to take for the dudes own good--making him realize what kind of level he'd really sunk to. I came to that conclusion through reading what you said about him needing to hit bottom. Correct me if I'm wrong though, because.if your stance was just, "I don't care about you, GTFOOHWTBS," that's a different story--a story that seems more like having compassion for your family, but not for a stranger who you may encounter on the internet... Entirely your choice, but a choice that (if that was your stance) I consider pretty irresponsible. It seems to me that (IMHO) if someone comes into our sphere of influence, in general, we should try to treat them with compassion. Period. In all cases, all the time. I have to agree that if this attitude of caring about your own people, and telling other people it's their fault they got into the mess and to deal with it, if carried out on a large scale would look a lot like the hardline stance the conservative right takes towards the poor, addicts, teen pregnancies, etc. I guess I just think people should at least try to take care of each other a little.

You carry a lot of influence on this board, so when you write someone off there are a dozen other people following suit and just being like, "yeah dude, you suck!" and calling names and in general acting like a bunch of jocks in a locker room like, "yeah, what a weak ass pussy glass dick smoker..." and stuff like that. Some of those people may not understand your reasons (hopefully for dudes own good) for making your initial posts. I also understand that a lot of people in fact did give dude helpful information and he wasn't putting it to use, but I'm just not sure if there was enough info for the board to take such a judgmental stance toward dude . So I'm just sayin.....I'm not into the locker room shit (not directed at you, Johnny, just in general). I for one, tend to like men and people in general who aren't afraid to be real and be themsleves--and everything that entails--from being weepy and whiney and not afraid of asking for help when you need it, to liking poetry if that's your thing. I just think that to promote equality and prevent this from becoming an elitist club, it's important for everyone to have the right to express themselves. I remember soulstrut being very supportive in the past about creating an open forum, and definitely don't remember people getting banned in the past unless they were just straight up assholes or liars and didn't contribute anything except grief to the board.

If it was me or you who made a post being like, "I have a drug problem and need help," I seriously doubt we would have gotten the same response. Just imagine that for a second...do you honestly think anyone would have said that this is a music thread and we shouldn't talk about our personal problems? Nope, people would have been rushing to offer condolences and help.

Didn't mean to make this so longwinded, just wanted to make my point about elitism.

Much love and respect,
    Lil

BAN

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

PS: I think the reason JP said what he did was cos Eggface Wannado was full of shit making up story threads all over the place...anybody got that one about the girl who trashed his car? Fact of the matter is that he very likely was not on a two week meth binge but was rather was trying to catch some pity/love/etc from total strangers on the intertube. Take that shit to walking-wounded.net.

To add to that, Lily, I believe somebody sleuthed out another "I've been on a meth binge" thread that the dude started a few months/weeks prior on another messageboard.

Dude definitely had problems, but I seriously doubt they were meth-related.

Of course, I'm not justifying the asshole shit that was said in that thread, just sayin'...

• Hey Lily,

Yeah... like was said above, you weren't privy to the guy's other posts around the board (not that any single one of them was so egregious) but basically IMHO he was at a point where the best thing he could do was get his ass off the internet. Dude was headed towards the likes of that kid who a while back got in a chat room and was like "hai guyz wanna watch me OD on pills until I'm flatlined?" and everyone was like "YEAH AWESOME!" Like, if that's the direction you're headed you need to GTF off this board, yaoming?

Most addicts have a bottom - somewhere - and if they haven't hit it yet, not a word from me you or anyone else is going to persuade them to quit, whether it's "tough love" or TLC. That's definitely where I was coming from, you're right.

It's hard to compare to someone like you (or me) that people know in the world or at least have some fleshed-out idea of on the internet. Someone who's demonstrated tact, caring, humor and (yes) boneheadedness in various e-public instances. The internet is a powerful thing especially if it's being used to address a drug addiction, either to abet it or to try and kick it. I've seen people quit powerful substances while contributing to this board, but EggplantXanadu was on some whole 'nother thang.

As far as poetry dude or whatever, I mean if you sling shit don't get mad when a monkeyturd hits you in the face. It wasn't like people were dissing his homespun poetry thread, he jumped in my FRICKING AWESOME Jay-Z thread talking all this Dr Seuss schitt and poasting what I thought was some venerable old poem but (I guess) was merely some pretentious dross from the recesses of his mindgarden. He was rightly clowned. Again, no regrets here... as the one called Pap once said, "don't start none, won't be none."

• Actually, I just read that thread earlier this week, and dude challenged someone to come up with the alleged other thread on the other board, and no one did as far as I saw....maybe I missed it?

And uncleansanchez (lol, nice name) I don't see how Wikipedia's definition of a disease contradicts the set of symptoms associated with addiction or developed physical or mental reliance on alcohol or drugs, but anyhow, the DSM would be a more reliable place to start than wikipedia if you want to investigate why certain mental disorders and dependencies are considered diseases.

• Yeah... like was said above, you weren't privy to the guy's other posts around the board (not that any single one of them was so egregious) but basically IMHO he was at a point where the best thing he could do was get his ass off the internet. Dude was headed towards the likes of that kid who a while back got in a chat room and was like "hai guyz wanna watch me OD on pills until I'm flatlined?" and everyone was like "YEAH AWESOME!" Like, if that's the direction you're headed you need to GTF off this board, yaoming?

Oh. Yeah I guess that does makes sense then. NOT VERY AWESOME. I did feel bad for the guy, but I guess feeling bad for someone isn't always helpful either. Wonder what he's up to now. Wonder if he ever made it to rehab.

• I reread the meth thread this morning, and nothing in there seems that out-of-line to me... I mean, the first 3 pages are filled with, 'leave the internet! get help!'

When, after that much encouragement, you're still trying to 'rehab,' on Soulstrut... well... call me a cold-hearted prick, but, you get what you deserve- especially when you try to make it all, 'the problem is with all of YOU and how you're treating ME.'

It's a shame all the Cristal/Crystal parody threads got lost too... man, that shit got out of control.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    soulstrut poost

• Drug addiction and Pedophilia are not diseases... end of discussion.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    They might be considered as "mental diseases" or the manifestation of a "mental disease".

"I had a friend....blah...blah...blahh"