So Long, Everybody

Mad Drama TeacherMad Drama Teacher 1,985 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
People always call this place a community. I don't fit in here, so I'm moving on.I apologize to the people I've insulted over the years. I apologize for my generally acrimonious posts.I would like to thank Faux_Rillz for sending me those CDs way back in the day. I know we've rarely seen eye to eye, but I respect you for your generosity -- and your vocabulary, I must admit, I've lifted several times.Thank you to the folks who have turned me on to some incredible music, whether it was through a mix or through an album recommendation. That would be Raj, Cosmo, JP, U-Tern, Reynaldo, and anyone else that has recommended great soul, disco-boogie, and Brazilian music. I grew up listening to classic rock 24/7, so I thank you all for turning me onto different, better music.Thanks to Jeff for sending me that Andrew Hill album. I made a mask out of the Kenny Rogers album cover you used as a packing stuffer. My students find it strange/funny. I wish you hadn't left.I'd also like to thank whoever bought me this great screen name. I've always wondered who that was...Alright, that's good enough.

Comments

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    no, don't go

we love you

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I need someone 2 argue wit about higher ed

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    you'll be sorely missed, aaron.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

It's when you realize you might actually "fit in" here that you need to worry.

I've enjoyed most of your posts even though we have been on the opposite ends of issues most times.

I for one think you should stay and continue to share your opinion, even if it doesn't conform to the intolerant parameters set by "The Strut".

All the best if you decide to really leave...... and teach those kids to voice their opinions, regardless of how unpopular they may be.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    It's been fun. No regrets!

• I never feel like I "fit in" here either. Does anyone? I've left this board several times for the same reason, but always come back and then leave again. It's like a black hole. You should just make it how you want here maybe, instead of leaving. There are some incredibly intelligent, creative, interesting, knowledgeable, and talented people here, not just the fools with, as a friend said, "undisclosed grudges." Also, lots to learn about music here. Don't let the endless arguing get you down!

I understand though. Good luck to you and bless.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    People always call this place a community. I don't fit in here, so I'm moving on.

I apologize to the people I've insulted over the years. I apologize for my generally acrimonious posts.

I would like to thank Faux_Rillz for sending me those CDs way back in the day. I know we've rarely seen eye to eye, but I respect you for your generosity -- and your vocabulary, I must admit, I've lifted several times.

I have never taken our disagreements personally.

I'd urge you not to go if I actually thought you would be leaving--in almost 6 years, I have yet to see anybody really make good on one of these announcements.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    DUDE

• I'm with Rock... what is normal in a place like this?

Eh, what fun would this place be if there weren't people here to argue with, and who didn't have strong enough opinions that they wouldn't express them?

Take a hiatus... That is a GOOD thing from time to time.

Come back, and we'll argue about books and the like again. I look forward to it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Eh, what fun would this place be if there weren't people here to argue with, and who didn't have strong enough opinions that they wouldn't express them?

SS needs the Mad Drama or it would be a buncha dudes talmbout watchin The Wire w/ an Obama suit on, while their girl googles Cat food recipies.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    See ya.

• I hate these threads.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    ...in almost 6 years, I have yet to see anybody really make good on one of these announcements.

AP didn't really announce it, but I'm afraid that his ship has sailed.

• I hate these threads.

yea its some sort of cry for acceptance or help or something.

someone please tell me to stay! validate my internet persona!

btw... nobody seems to like me here either.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    There's very few people on here that are liked across the board.

I think MAd Drama Teacher has a sour disposition.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I hate these threads.

yea its some sort of cry for acceptance or help or something.

someone please tell me to stay! validate my internet persona!

btw... nobody seems to like me here either.

Seriously...

I was one of the most hated poasters on this board...and I never gave no FUSK!!! BRING IT BITCHES

C'mon dude, quit being a tart.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I just made the meanest homemade pizza...and this wine went perfectly.

• Have a good one, dude.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    ...in almost 6 years, I have yet to see anybody really make good on one of these announcements.

AP didn't really announce it, but I'm afraid that his ship has sailed.

if you gotta go, that's the way to do it - dont make a production out of it, just go.

garth brooks and patti smith never made a BFD out of retiring, they just stopped.

that way, when they eventually came back, they didnt look foolish

not meant to be a slam on Mad Drama, BTW[/b]

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    in almost 6 years, I have yet to see anybody really make good on one of these announcements.

This is also coincidentally the realest thing Faux Rillz has said in 6 years.

• I believe the masquerade is over...you have lost that lovin feelin...we can't go on together with suspicious minds...you keep me hangin on....

eelise that pizza look yummy- but why are there empty shelves in the background where there ought to be records????....

MAD DRAMA TEACHER you are a cool guy....stick around!

I'd like to say that I am sorry I made a big deal when you posted a photo of a girl eating shit by mistake when you meant to post a picture of a nick drake pink poon, i mean pink moon cover.
    I also think the name MadDramaTeacher is great, absolutely the number one name that gets stuck in my head and the one I chuckle at most often it's very clever.
    You know you don't have to leave... we don't have to break up completely we can just see each other when we feel like it.
    I mean you can just come over you don't even need to give a call beforehand you can just come through you know because we got a special understanding between us. We don't have to throw that away.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

eelise that pizza look yummy- but why are there empty shelves in the background where there ought to be records????....

cuz, that's where the TV is...

now, to the right of the pizza...

• that is some tv set!

kidding. word to the dry erase board!

• I actually can't recall a single poast by this dude.

• your insensitivity drove him away. you jerk

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

That pizza looks hella soggy.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Dude.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    haha, secrets out. it's gluten free.

I have mad love for my gluten free hommmmies.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    alight...thats it...I'm out of here.

im tired of this Bullsh*t