So Long, Everybody

Comments

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    It was a poem about the inauguration. I guess he wrote it himself, although he didn't specifically say that.

• I also have to say congrats to Elis - who hijacked the guy's farewell post with a pizza thread. LOL. Drop the coffin why don't you.

yea, he gave the equivalent of a real world suicide note and yet more people were intrigued by a gluten free crust.

[elise] [/elise]

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Wait, this ninny posted a poem? Can someone please link?

OH SNAP. He deleted it. I guess it really was about the poem.

Now I kinda feel bad, like that time I accidentally caused this girl in college to leave the school altogether.

Well you can't exactly let that hang there, please elaborate so I can validate why I got this far.

Alrighty. It was the end of the spring semester, and people were tearing it up after finals.

The main characters: Me, my friend Ben, the girl across the hall (whose name I can't remember, so we'll call her Girl Across the Hall), and the girl across the hall's visiting friend (whose name I can't remember, so we'll call her The Friend).

Ben[/b] is one of those dudes who's not bad looking, but listens to shit like Dashboard Confessional and has zero self esteem. So he almost never kicks it to the ladies, and when he does, it's mad awkward.

Girl Across the Hall[/b] is pretty cute, but she had a boyfriend back home, so nobody really kicked it to her. She's also kinda shy and religious.

The Friend[/b] is pretty cute too, but has Ras Trent dreads, which give me the willies.

We're all getting pretty fuccked up in one of the rooms in our dorm. Usual fare: Beirut, shots, bong rips. Ben, somehow, has actually managed to kick it to The Friend, which the rest of us are psyched about and give him shit about when we periodically go outside to smoke butts.

A bit after midnight, Ben and The Friend head out. Another friend of mine, coming out of his room upstairs, sees the two go into Girl Across the Hall's room, and reports back when he returns to where we were. We're all psyched, 'cause Ben's a good guy, and never gets laid.

The next morning, I'm coming out of my room to go shower down the hall, and Girl Across the Hall is coming out of her room. I say to her "So, Benny, huh? Nice! That boy needed it." She gets this look like that wasn't supposed to be common knowledge, and asks "Who knows?" And I'm all "Who knows?! EVERYBODY KNOWS!!"

So I head off to the shower.

When I come back, she's furiously packing her shit, and I was wondering why she seemed upset, but really, I didn't actually care all that much. She takes off shortly thereafter with a quickness.

Later on, I see Ben in the hall, and am all "Benny! Nice one, dude!" He gets the same look Girl Across the Hall had, and is all "Shut up, dude." I ask why, and says "I'll tell you later." So I start to really wonder what's up, and relate the exchange I'd had earlier with Girl Across the Hall, at which point he goes all pale and says....

"Dude, we had a three-way last night."

So, Ben tried to contact Girl Across the Hall over the summer, but she never returned his calls, and never came back to school, thinking that everyone in the entire dorm???hundreds of her closest friends and acquaintances???knew that she had cheated on her boyfriend and had a three-way with Benny.

The End.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    Are you pissed off because people here like that Jay Z verse ??

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    There once was a postuer named Bobo
    Who posted some poems (no homo)
    All he wanted to hear
    When he stormed out in tears
    was "please mad drama teacher don't go GO

obviously poety is not my forte.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    wait a minute... you can leave soulstrut???

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I just made the meanest homemade pizza...and this wine went perfectly.

THAT PIZZA LOOKS SO GOOD E
    PASS THA RECIPE PLEASE

• Wait, this ninny posted a poem? Can someone please link?

Now I kinda feel bad, like that time I accidentally caused this girl in college to leave the school altogether.

Well you can't exactly let that hang there, please elaborate so I can validate why I got this far.

Alrighty. It was the end of the spring semester, and people were tearing it up after finals.

The main characters: Me, my friend Ben, the girl across the hall (whose name I can't remember, so we'll call her Girl Across the Hall), and the girl across the hall's visiting friend (whose name I can't remember, so we'll call her The Friend).

Ben[/b] is one of those dudes who's not bad looking, but listens to shit like Dashboard Confessional and has zero self esteem. So he almost never kicks it to the ladies, and when he does, it's mad awkward.

Girl Across the Hall[/b] is pretty cute, but she had a boyfriend back home, so nobody really kicked it to her. She's also kinda shy and religious.

The Friend[/b] is pretty cute too, but has Ras Trent dreads, which give me the willies.

We're all getting pretty fuccked up in one of the rooms in our dorm. Usual fare: Beirut, shots, bong rips. Ben, somehow, has actually managed to kick it to The Friend, which the rest of us are psyched about and give him shit about when we periodically go outside to smoke butts.

A bit after midnight, Ben and The Friend head out. Another friend of mine, coming out of his room upstairs, sees the two go into Girl Across the Hall's room, and reports back when he returns to where we were. We're all psyched, 'cause Ben's a good guy, and never gets laid.

The next morning, I'm coming out of my room to go shower down the hall, and Girl Across the Hall is coming out of her room. I say to her "So, Benny, huh? Nice! That boy needed it." She gets this look like that wasn't supposed to be common knowledge, and asks "Who knows?" And I'm all "Who knows?! EVERYBODY KNOWS!!"

When I come back, she's furiously packing her shit, and I was wondering why she seemed upset, but really, I didn't actually care all that much. She takes off shortly thereafter with a quickness.

Later on, I see Ben in the hall, and am all "Benny! Nice one, dude!" He gets the same look Girl Across the Hall had, and is all "Shut up, dude." I ask why, and says "I'll tell you later." So I start to really wonder what's up, and relate the exchange I'd had earlier with Girl Across the Hall, at which point he goes all pale and says....

So, Ben tried to contact Girl Across the Hall over the summer, but she never returned his calls, and never came back to school, thinking that everyone in the entire dorm???hundreds of her closest friends and acquaintances???knew that she had cheated on her boyfriend and had a three-way with Benny.

The End.

Did this really go uncommented for 5 posts?

• The next morning, I'm coming out of my room to go shower down the hall, and Girl Across the Hall is coming out of her room. I say to her "So, Benny, huh? Nice! That boy needed it."

Nice one, Benny!

we had a girl across the hall when i was a freshmen who had a plug in air conditioner that she would cut with a space heater. for some reason, this fun combination kept overwhelming the old dorms circuitry, and she would keep inducing hallwide blackouts.

we tried explaining this to her with no results.
    so we tried driving her out.
    we did a bunch of things that ive long forgotten about.
    then we had the excellent idea of torturing her during midterms. we pointed a radio at her bedroom wall (from another dorm room) and timed it so it went off at 3am 4am and 5am, playing the hoe-down square dance song from Pauls Boutique on repeat at full blast. We all slept elsewhere those nights.

we saw her leaving a day or two later and never saw her again. we checked and couldn find her around school anymore either. no more power surge blackouts!!! yay!!

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I just made the meanest homemade pizza...and this wine went perfectly.

What wine did you drink???

cheap and good.

• pizza looks great, girl

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    haha, secrets out. it's gluten free.

I have mad love for my gluten free hommmmies.

OMG that looked like the best pizza ever to me, but now that I know it's gluten free it's a wrap. Why do you do it elise?! TORTURE. I'm going to scour my fridge right now in a futile attempt to find anything that even remotely mimics the flavor of what I imagine that pizza to be like...it's one a.m....DON'T EVER DO THIS TO ME AGAIN!!!

I know, I know. There is something so great about glutenous pizza dough, but for my homeboy...I had to hook him up. I know the are some Celiac Strutters in here. Or something close to that.

I put sesame seeds in the dough and cornmeal on the bottom. Just a simple blend of rice/soy/garbanzo flour and yeast, etc.

Haters hate...but some day I'm gonna be making bank off this shit!

• dayday 9,611 Posts

The End.

THREAD REDEEMED![/b]

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    This or the mylatency meltdown a worse look?

• [

The End.

Wait, she dropped out of college entirely just because people knew she cheated? sounds like a smart girl....maybe she shoulda laid off the bong hits...or laid off the dreadlocks....

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

it so it went off at 3am 4am and 5am, playing the hoe-down square dance song from Pauls Boutique on repeat at full blast. We all slept elsewhere those nights.

LULZ

That song always cracked me up, though I thought it was more of a hootenanny.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts
    "Jethro! Jethro! Get the hell away from the BBQ!"

Classique.

Wait, she dropped out of college entirely just because people knew she cheated? sounds like a smart girl....maybe she shoulda laid off the bong hits...or laid off the dreadlocks....

Well, she was somewhat shy and religious, and I think she could only reconcile the whole thing if it was on the complete low-low. In reality, it was, but as far as she knew, the image she had built up around school as a figure of high moral standing was absolutely shattered.

Still, if I had known she was available like that, I definitely would have kicked it to her.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Still, if I had known she was available like that, I definitely would have kicked it to her.

Probably best, for her, that she did leave then.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

ZING!

Haha! Well, she did live across the hall too, which is usually a dealbreaker. You don't want to get involved with someone who lives that close to you, in case things go sour. She was pretty cute, though.

• so what happened to ben?

• He rode off into the sunset, quite literally.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

Haha! Well, she did live across the hall too, which is usually a dealbreaker. You don't want to get involved with someone who lives that close to you, in case things go sour. She was pretty cute, though.

I used to live with this girl who seemed to always have at least two guys on the go. When she was drunk, and alone, she would occasionally come into my room late at night to 'kiss me goodnight' (that's not a euphemism). I'm glad I was always gentlemanly about it. She eventually hooked-up with one of the other dudes in the house, and pretty soon they were having regular full-scale screaming augments.
    That b*tch was crazy. One of her ex's even stalked me briefly, as he thought we were together. Teh drama.

so what happened to ben?

He moved off campus with myself and six of our others friends. We got a large duplex in the woods outside of Amherst and proceeded to throw raging parties on the reg. I don't think he really got laid for the rest of college that I can recall. He majored in computer animation, yet for some reason works in a photography shop in Louisville, KY now. Most of us keep up on Facebook and whatnot, but Benny stays off the grid. Once in a while I'll drop him a line, and occasionally, he'll get back to me, but usually he doesn't.

Who knows-maybe he found his game and is too busy pleasing the ladies of Louisville to keep up with his college buddies.

• so what happened to ben?

He moved off campus with myself and six of our others friends. We got a large duplex in the woods outside of Amherst and proceeded to throw raging parties on the reg. I don't think he really got laid for the rest of college that I can recall. He majored in computer animation, yet for some reason works in a photography shop in Louisville, KY now. Most of us keep up on Facebook and whatnot, but Benny stays off the grid. Once in a while I'll drop him a line, and occasionally, he'll get back to me, but usually he doesn't.

Who knows-maybe he found his game and is too busy pleasing the ladies of Louisville to keep up with his college buddies.

Ben peaked in college.
    He did not choose Sellassie I as his savior after that night, and went on to a quiet country life developing people's private photos and staying off the internets.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Ben rules.

i wonder if he wrote wack poetry?

Ben rules.

i wonder if he wrote wack poetry?

No, he let the lads of Dashboard Confessional ease his troubled soul. He did, however, watch a lot of Stargate SG-1 with me on Monday nights while I drank vodka and took bong rips. He would also grow his beard out from time to time, then shave it into a burly moustache and casually walk around the apartment with his shirt off. He looked exactly like those pictures of gay dudes from the late 70s. It was awesome.

• Options

The End.

Nice, it reminds me of something from high school that I had completely forgotten about.

When I was a junior this kid who went to school with me and was on my football team started talking up a party he was going to have. This was his first year in my school, and he wasn't aware that parties usually didn't get mentioned until the thursday or friday of the week they were going down. I went to a catholic school that had students from all over the county, and everyone knew people from different towns and different high schools, so if a party was known about too far in advance there could potentially be a few hundred people there.

So he talked up this party for a couple weeks, and it got to the point that even our football coaches were warning us to "behave yourselves at B*tes house". I failed to mention that Bat*s father was a respected minister in whatever religion that is that allows you to marry and crank out kids. By the time the day of the party arrived, I recall we estimated that 13 different high schools were going to be represented there.

The house wound up getting completely trashed, from the parakeet being put in the microwave to the parent's waterbed being slashed up with knives. His parent's car was taken and crashed into a tree down the block as well. Our football coach who warned us about the party even showed up and did a kegstand, then tried to cockblock me on the girl I was nuzzling on. The police arrived eventually and were tossing a football around the backyard at one point. It was easily the most out of control party from my high school days.

Afterwards *ates didn't show up to school for awhile, and eventually disappeared from school altogether. The word was that he was sent to military school.

We graduated in '93 and years later in around '04 or so I ran into Ba*es outside of my friend's house down at the beach. We got to talking for a few minutes and I asked him "So dude, where did you wind up graduating high school?" He gave me a blank look and said "Huh?". I asked him again, but added on, "...you know, after that party that caused you to leave school". He made a face as if to visually call me an idiot, then said "Sween, what are you talking about? I graduated with you, I just stopped playing football after that party because I had to work all the time to pay for the car that Griz wrecked."

Woops!!! All I could say was "Really? Shit, that was a long time ago huh?" then took a sip of my beer and mentally chuckled about how much of an idiot I am. For 11 or so years I had always told this story of this insane party that we had that was so out of control we never saw the kid again...

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

So he talked up this party for a couple weeks, and it got to the point that even our football coaches were warning us to "behave yourselves at B*tes house". I failed to mention that Bat*s father was a respected minister in whatever religion that is that allows you to marry and crank out kids. By the time the day of the party arrived, I recall we estimated that 13 different high schools were going to be represented there.

HAHAHA, I like how you change the asterisk

b/w

Your stories are always good.