*OFFICIAL STRUT NBA '08-'09 Grit Grime Edition*

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Adam Morrison is f*cking horrible. He's a gunner that can't shoot. His FG% is crap, he plays zero defense and doesn't rebound either. He can pass the ball. Perhaps in the trianble he'll be more catch and shoot and find the basket, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Who in Philly drafted K.O.B.E.?

Kobe Bean was drafted by the Charlotte Hornets in 1996 and was promptly trade to the Lakers for Vlade Divac.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Major League Steroids has got me depressed about sports. Who in basketball MAY have used performance-enhancing drugs???

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Having Amare at a true Center spot would spread the court between him and Dirk so much that the whole team would benefit on offense and get destroyed on defense[/b].

We now have Erica Dampier....it can't get worse with Amare.

Amare is the missing piece to a lot of puzzles, I just wish he would develop post moves and a back to the basket game.

Nice to see Joe Johnson getting some shine (via Anal Abbott):

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Adam Morrison is a gunner that can't create his own shot.

Amare is the missing piece to a lot of puzzles

No doubt. Interesting to see him on a championship caliber team.

J.R. Smith replaces Rudy Gay in Dunk Contest. He got that swagger right now.

Mo Williams added to Allstar Reserves.

NBA Saturday Night to feature H.O.R.S.E. with NBA players.

DISCUSS.

I JUST REALIZED THE ALLSTAR WEEKEND IS THIS WEEKEND!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I JUST REALIZED THE ALLSTAR WEEKEND IS THIS WEEKEND!

the promotion for this was terrible

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

waxidermy put me up on this mindboggling spectacle

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Who in Philly drafted K.O.B.E.?

Kobe Bean was drafted by the Charlotte Hornets in 1996 and was promptly trade to the Lakers for Eddie Jones, Elden Campbell and Vlade Divac.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Kobe Bean was drafted by the Charlotte Hornets in 1996 and was promptly trade to the Lakers for Eddie Jones, Elden Campbell and Vlade Divac.

Dirk missing a crucial freethrow down the stretch again...

• Kobe Bean was drafted by the Charlotte Hornets in 1996 and was promptly trade to the Lakers for Eddie Jones, Elden Campbell and Vlade Divac.

oops! Campbell and Jones weren't traded to the Hornets until '99, for Glen Rice, J.R. Reid and BJ Armstrong

• ESPN is reporting that the Heat just traded Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks to the Raptors for Jermaine O'Neal and Jamario Moon. I guess this is a blockbuster trade, but O'Neal and Marion have underperformed so badly this year that its hard to get too excited for either team. If either player starts playing like it was 2006, this could be a major trade.

• ESPN is reporting that the Heat just traded Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks to the Raptors for Jermaine O'Neal and Jamario Moon. I guess this is a blockbuster trade, but O'Neal and Marion have underperformed so badly this year that its hard to get too excited for either team. If either player starts playing like it was 2006, this could be a major trade.

O'Neal has been inconsistant, but dude will give you 15/10/3 blocks here and there.

Since he's been back from latest injury, dude has been ON.

Blount - C
    Oneal - PF
    Beasley - SF

or

O'Neal - C
    Haslem - PF
    Beasley - SF

Or does Beasley have the 4 spot on lock?

ESPN is reporting that the Heat just traded Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks to the Raptors for Jermaine O'Neal and Jamario Moon. I guess this is a blockbuster trade, but O'Neal and Marion have underperformed so badly this year that its hard to get too excited for either team. If either player starts playing like it was 2006, this could be a major trade.

I'm beginning to hate these sort of trades more and more. Some guy on t.v. once said that the Yankees have the highest payroll but it doesn't necessarily translate into titles, because there's no time to establish a solid locker room culture. I think the same could be said about nba teams swapping players year in and year out. After a while, you gotta stick with what you got and see how it plays out....

The Lakers are a good example of how even in tough times, they basically stuck with their core veterans and raw talent. It's obviously paid off. Of course the Gasol trade didn't hurt either.

I'm beginning to hate these sort of trades more and more. Some guy on t.v. once said that the Yankees have the highest payroll but it doesn't necessarily translate into titles, because there's no time to establish a solid locker room culture. I think the same could be said about nba teams swapping players year in and year out. After a while, you gotta stick with what you got and see how it plays out....

The Lakers are a good example of how even in tough times, they basically stuck with their core veterans and raw talent. It's obviously paid off. Of course the Gasol trade didn't hurt either.

But dont front on the Gasol hijack.

But dont front on the Gasol hijack.

Midseason trades are hard on team chemistry, and also on coaches who have to revamp in the midst of the season. For example, look at how Phoenix and Dallas fucked up their teams last year. But that doesn't mean they cant work; Denver certainly improved when they trade for Chauncey Billups earlier this season. Remember when Detroit traded for Rasheed Wallace several years ago and went on such a tear that they wound up winning a title.
    That said, I have been hearing endless rumours about the Trailblazers making a big move involving Raef LaFrentz's expiring contract and I really hope that they don't. If you got something good already, why not let it grow?

• That said, I have been hearing endless rumours about the Trailblazers making a big move involving Raef LaFrentz's expiring contract and I really hope that they don't. If you got something good already, why not let it grow?

Yeah - I keep hearing that theyre willing to trade LeMarcus Aldridge.

I think Portland is still one player away from elite status.

I wouldnt mess w/ the core young of Aldridge/Roy/Oden(BUM).

• That said, I have been hearing endless rumours about the Trailblazers making a big move involving Raef LaFrentz's expiring contract and I really hope that they don't. If you got something good already, why not let it grow?

I think one of Portland's rookies could become that one player, either Jerryd Bayless or Rudy Fernandez.

The last rumour that I heard was Bayless, Aldridge, and LaFrentz for Amare Stoudamire.

I think one of Portland's rookies could become that one player, either Jerryd Bayless or Rudy Fernandez.

The last rumour that I heard was Bayless, Aldridge, and LaFrentz for Amare Stoudamire.

I dont know why dudes want Stoudamire. Dude is just a scorer.

Im ridin for your rookies to grow next to Roy unless they can get another backcourt dude.

Or a SF to balance out Roy's perimeter play and the inside game.

What do u think you need besides depth.

Winners don't need time to develop...Portland only has one potential superstar on their roster...The coach is garbage and the rest of those dudes are flawed role players.

That's a steal for Portland ...BUY IT NOW !

• I dont know why dudes want Stoudamire. Dude is just a scorer.

Im ridin for your rookies to grow next to Roy unless they can get another backcourt dude.

Or a SF to balance out Roy's perimeter play and the inside game.

What do u think you need besides depth.

Defense at the guard position is a glaring issue right now. Bayless may be the PG of the future but he is never gonna be a great defender. A rugged PF to come off the bench would be a good addition as well. Someone like Najera or Haslem. I had hoped that Ike Diogu might be that kind of player, but he seems planted on the bench. Portland could definitely upgrade at the small forward, although Batum and Outlaw have a lot going for them there are better players out there.

• Winners don't need time to develop...Portland only has one potential superstar on their roster...The coach is garbage and the rest of those dudes are flawed role players.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    What The F*ck is Phoenix doin?

So u couldnt get past The Spurs/Teams w/ dominant Big Men, cause ur free-wheelin game is only successful in the bullshit-ass regular season.

So u get Shaq and get rid of 3 dudes plus the Coach who made your old-system happen.

Porter(Defensive) doesnt work out and now u wanna let Gantry(D'Antoni-steez) take back over.

Steve Kerr is right up there w/ McHale,Ainge, and Paxson as (former good players)GMs that suck.

Nash aint there playing for 3 more years. If they dont get a PG to inherit that style why go back. Grant Hill aint that dude. Shaq will be gone. Stoudamire isnt a PF that u can build around.

I dont get it.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    What The F*ck is Phoenix doin?

So u couldnt get past The Spurs/Teams w/ dominant Big Men, cause ur free-wheelin game is only successful in the bullshit-ass regular season.

So u get Shaq and get rid of 3 dudes plus the Coach who made your old-system happen.

Porter(Defensive) doesnt work out and now u wanna let Gantry(D'Antoni-steez) take back over.

Steve Kerr is right up there w/ McHale,Ainge, and Paxson as (former good players)GMs that suck.

Nash aint there playing for 3 more years. If they dont get a PG to inherit that style why go back. Grant Hill aint that dude. Shaq will be gone. Stoudamire isnt a PF that u can build around.

I dont get it.

I think they have two options: blow it up now and go into full tank-city mode with Gentry at the helm OR trade Shaq and build around STAT now that Porter is out. STAT cannot do his thing with SHAQ cloggin up the lane, or they will just have to go into "Showtime Suns" mode with less Shaq on offense (think Kareem and the fast break defensive rebound grabber starter) but we alreay know that's not going to happen now that the Big Legendary is showing a renewed offensive spirit... Kerr and Sarver have a lot of work to do, obviously. Kerr fuked up the money getting Shaq but yeah right now it's all about the cap space LBJ game now, so fuk it all. Kerr for coach next year? Who knows. Sarver lost hundreds of millions in his investments this year so look for him to go into his scrooge mcduck dumping promising talent mode as usual, le sigh

I really just hope they play super ultra fast run'n'fun D'antoni style again with the pieces they have, and just as long as Matt Barnes commits less turnovers I'll be a happy camper.

Keep Amar'e, Kerr.

Robert Sarver finally made a good decision by dumping Porter...Of course Alvin Gentry is trash too but at least players like him....I give Steve Kerr credit for at least having the balls to try something different by bringing Shaq in...Fans and organizations that become complacent with first and second round playoff exits will always be losers because they have a losers mentality...If it doens't progress then tear it down..period.....They torn it down for Shaq now they'll tear it down again...They have around $50 mil in expiring contracts next season (if you include Amare's salary)....I ride for Kerr if Sarver gets the hell out of his way