*OFFICIAL STRUT NBA '08-'09 Grit Grime Edition*

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The Allstar Reserves looks about right. I'm glad Pau made the cut. The dude is a gawdamn workhorse. KB once told a reporter, "Well PAU is one of the best in the world too!" TRUE.

ON THE SUBJECT OF PAU GASOL.

Is he one of the great power forwards/centers in the league right now?

I say yes. His mid-range is money. His post-up game is like Duncan's. He passes the rock real well. Court recognition excellent. AND he's actually hitting the weights now. He obviously doesn't have the athleticism of Amare or Dwight Howard or Josh Smith, but he makes up for it in all the other categories. What say you?

Gasol is very good, but he's not Great. Garnett and Wallace are GREAT PF.

Was he great on his previous team or he's good in the context of playing w/ K.O.B.E./Jackson/Winning Culture? He fits well into the triange.

Where is Bynum? He's been off the hype radar for minute.

The Lakers are doin well and their still not healthy.

It's hard to differentiate between PF and Center these days....Wallace as in Ben?

He was very good on his previous team. Think of "excellent playback" on a VG minus team. Established on the international scene.

Im talmbout...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Sheed is good, not great. Besides, I'm not a fan of big men taking shots from beyond the arc.

Sheed is good, not great. Besides, I'm not a fan of big men taking shots from beyond the arc.

Detroit won the chip once he joined the team.

His swagger and ability to stretch the D is crazy.

Dude has inside and outside game. Its not like he's strictly a jumpshooter.

And big dudes hittin 3 is regular now. Even Sabonis was doin this in the 90's.

For Sheed, it worked w/in the Detroit system.

Dude is Hall Of Fame.

Right, but Detroit's defensive prowess during that title run was most impressive, anchored by the OTHER Wallace.

Sabonis wasn't taking threes though.

And big dudes hittin 3 is regular now.

I hate this shit. Not many PFs have a real post-up game anymore, besides Gasol, Duncan, maybe Boozer, Garnett...

Right, but Detroit's defensive prowess during that title run was most impressive, anchored by the OTHER Wallace.

I hate this shit. Not many PFs have a real post-up game anymore, besides Gasol, Duncan, maybe Boozer, Garnett...

Wallace plays above average defense when called upon.

• Right, but Detroit's defensive prowess during that title run was most impressive, anchored by the OTHER Wallace.

Wallace plays great team defense, which tends to go under-appreciated. He is really good at being in the right place on the court. In spite of his reputation as a "bad seed" I have a feeling coaches love having a guy with his basketball smarts and team first attitude on their squad. I watched him for many years in Portland, where he people were frustrated that he didn't take over games more and be "the man." He seemed like a guy who really believes in basketball as a team sport, not a sport of individuals. This made him fit in great when he went to Detroit, and its no coincidence that Portland went straight to the lottery as soon as he left.

Wallace plays great team defense, which tends to go under-appreciated. He is really good at being in the right place on the court. In spite of his reputation as a "bad seed" I have a feeling coaches love having a guy with his basketball smarts and team first attitude on their squad. I watched him for many years in Portland, where he people were frustrated that he didn't take over games more and be "the man." He seemed like a guy who really believes in basketball as a team sport, not a sport of individuals. This made him fit in great when he went to Detroit, and its no coincidence that Portland went straight to the lottery as soon as he left.

Alright, you guys win. You convinced me right there.

NASTY.

NASTY.

GUT BUSTING ACTION.

GUT BUSTING ACTION.

YES

OT BITCH

BRING IT BITCH!!!!

I AM HEAR FOR OVER TIME YOU GREEN HO'S.

F*ck THE LAKERS FOR DEFERRING TO KOBE IN THE LAST 4 MINUTES.

L.O. SHOULD KEEP DOING HIS THING!!!!

I AM THANKFUL FOR TWO THINGS THOUGH.

1) BOSTON IS BEING CALLED FOR ITS LOOSE BALL FOULS.

2) RONDO WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO THAT FLIP SHIT WHEN BYNUM IS BACK IN THE LINEUP COVERING THE PAINT.

I AM THANKFUL FOR TWO THINGS THOUGH.

1) BOSTON IS BEING CALLED FOR ITS LOOSE BALL FOULS.

2) RONDO WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO THAT FLIP SHIT WHEN BYNUM IS BACK IN THE LINEUP COVERING THE PAINT.

I AM HOLDING MY NUMBER TWO RIGHT NOW...

U GONNA DOO-DOO'N ON YO-SELF

Pierce plays K.O.B.E well.

He does, but the only reason he could jump out on him like that is cuz he has great help defense behind him. And a bunch of wusses who don't want the rock in the final minutes.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    AMAR'E ON THE TRADE TABLE, WHY MUST I CRY???

(everyone but Nash on the trade table actually, LE SIGH)

Sources say Suns Management wants the trifecta of:
    Young Prospect, Expiring Contract, and a Pick

damn, there goes my favorite player, evar...AMAR'E, ABOUT TO BE

DEALT.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    AMAR'E ON THE TRADE TABLE, WHY MUST I CRY???

(everyone but Nash on the trade table actually, LE SIGH)

We'll give you Josh Howard, Brandon Bass and a pick.

He does, but the only reason he could jump out on him like that is cuz he has great help defense behind him. And a bunch of wusses who don't want the rock in the final minutes.

Ill usually agree w/ the TEAM D that the Celtics play but u cant front on that One-On-One D that Pierce played there. Therw was no trailer/lurker hoverin there.

b/w

AMAR'E ON THE OVERATTED TABLE

AS PUFF DADDY WOULD SAY...

TAKE THAT TAKE THAT TAKE THAT.

F*ck YEA.

GUT BUSTING ACTION.

F*ck A RAY ALLEN.

I CAN GO TO THE BATHROOM IN PEACE NOW.

AND TAKE A NAP.

For the past several years, I never put that much weight on regular season games, but as Phil Jackson realized, home court advantage is so important especially when you're playing a series against a legit playoff opponent (i.e. Celts). Plus, the Lakers needed that confidence that they can in fact win in Boston.

b/w

Rondo is a baller. If he could hit that mid-range consistently, it's over.

b/w/w

I'm glad James Posey left Boston.

b/w/w/w

Laker's offensive execution in final minutes =

I'm expecting them NOT to rely on off-balance KB jumpers to finish games....

Ya'll are still leadin the L.

U gotta hope that Bynum's absence doesnt hurt u down the line like it did last season.

Dude is soft. My neck-My back...

Ya'll are still leadin the L.

U gotta hope that Bynum's absence doesnt hurt u down the line like it did last season.

Dude is soft. My neck-My back...

Oh it'll hurt us again.

Bynum in the line-up = Interior presence

Bynum out of the line-up = lay-up drills for the opposing team

He is lanky and moves awkwardly at times, especially when he goes up. The dude needs to bulken up his quads and hamstrings or something! So that he doesn't take all that weight on just his knees.

He wants to come back before the playoffs.

by April the Lakers will have grown w/out dude

He wants to come back before the playoffs.

by April the Lakers will have grown w/out dude

I'm fine with that too.

Just don't wanna see no more, hand Kobe the rock...Kobe fall-away hand-in-his-face, pump fake pull-up 20footer no more. That shit is the definition of I am however all for scrappy playing at the end, like we had today with both teams.

I AM FEELING THE LAST FEW STRING OF GAMES, AND HOW THE TITANS ARE BEATING UP ON EACH OTHER. THE TITLE IS UP FOR GRABS.