*OFFICIAL STRUT NBA '08-'09 Grit Grime Edition*

Comments

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Curry also made Kuchinsky perform "humiliating tasks outside the scope of his employment, such as cleaning up and removing dirty towels [Curry had ejaculated into] so that his wife would not see them," the Manhattan federal court suit says.

Eddy's wife: 'Is that another one of your jack rags on the floor? I thought we were clear on this.'

Bulls update: Kirk and Deng both came back last night against the Blazers, which is good. Vinny Del Negro is still the coach, which is bad. And Vinny at times runs with a front court of Andres Nocioni and Aaron Gray, which is ugly.

Our best big, IMO, is small (Tyrus Thomas), who gets benched for taking too many shots, and yet Drew Gooden misses tons of shots but still plays most of the game. Just a shitty situation in Chicago, that won't be changed unless they make a trade. Heck, I would welcome back Eddy.

• Paxon sucks

Paxson sucks

Indeed.

I still think the Curry trade turned out OK, but I'd almost put that on Isiah's sucking worse than Paxson. I also liked the signing of Ben Wallace, but who really knew how badly he would decline? Rose as the No. 1 pick, I will always maintain, was a gift to the Bulls from the NBA.

--Trading Tyson Chandler when his price was very low and netting P.J. Brown and J.R. Smith in return
    --Giving away J.R. Smith for pretty much nothing
    --Holding onto P.J. Brown so long that he no longer was valuable for his expiring contract
    --Finding someone who would take Wallace but solve none of their issues. They now have a J.R. Smith-type player in Larry Hughes and another big without much of a post game.
    --Firing Skilles with no Plan B.
    --Completely botching the coaching search and then hiring a dude who never coached to man a team full of headcases and still-developing talent.

SHIT SANDWICH

• I still think the Curry trade turned out OK, but I'd almost put that on Isiah's sucking worse than Paxson.
    maybe i'm reaching,but does this sentence need a in light of Curry's new lawsuit?

• Feeling this.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    BUMP

A Strutter on Free Darko??? No, they wouldn't pass up the Shalamar.

More importantly: If you want to own a piece of history, and live in the Pacific Northwest, hit me up and I'll tell you what store currently has Detlef Schrempf's record collection in its possesion. The collection is equal parts 1983-1987 R&B like Shalamar and Ray Parker, Jr., European pressings of Dylan and Neil Young, and some stuff that's literally, drably, Kraut rock, as in, campy rock by self-satirizing Germans. If Germans are in fact capable of such a thing intentionally. All the black stuff is still in the shrink. I will be charging a small finder's fee for each tip.

• ZO has retired.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    A Strutter on Free Darko??? No, they wouldn't pass up the Shalamar.

More importantly: If you want to own a piece of history, and live in the Pacific Northwest, hit me up and I'll tell you what store currently has Detlef Schrempf's record collection in its possesion. The collection is equal parts 1983-1987 R&B like Shalamar and Ray Parker, Jr., European pressings of Dylan and Neil Young, and some stuff that's literally, drably, Kraut rock, as in, campy rock by self-satirizing Germans. If Germans are in fact capable of such a thing intentionally. All the black stuff is still in the shrink. I will be charging a small finder's fee for each tip.
    my sources say shoals is an occasional lurker.

( )

btw: ellis back for the w's tonight @ 7:30 pst vs. the cavs. should be a fun watch.

• brian colangelo will not sleep until every phoenix sun, current and former, is wearing a raptors jersey. expect to see shawn marion or steve nash in purple and red next year.

with isiah thomas in the building, the knicks will never be able to sign and KEEP any player of worth.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    btw: ellis back for the w's tonight @ 7:30 pst vs. the cavs. should be a fun watch.

Another muthfreaking heartbreaking shot at the buzzer!:?!?!LL!(!**$#$

I was reading a Warriors' blog that said with Ellis' return, the Warriors should win some more games, but that would be a bad thing. The Warriors finished strong int he second half of the season several times before such as when Davis first came over from the Hornets. Then the next season nothing happened. This team is still highly flawed and needs some big moves. A good finish will let management off the hook trying to sell the public on what happened at the end of the season rather than the debacle that has happened during the entire year. Hang Rowell and get us some real leadership. This team has fallen back to exactly where it was before Davis came here, which is one of the 5 worst teams in the NBA. f*cking pitiful.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

fun game to watch. typical warriors chokage

Hang Rowell

=problem solved

and yes, that was a fun game to watch-- monta is obviously not in game shape, but the ankle surgery didn't seem to slow him down much.

dude needs to work on his 15 foot jumpers and score a lot of points before he's out of the fans' doghouse.

how he's flown under the press' radar til now is unbelievable. he is playing out of his skull this season though-- more so than he has in the past.

how he's flown under the press' radar til now is unbelievable. he is playing out of his skull this season though-- more so than he has in the past.

Indiana has been trash since the Brawl.

Once they start to get over %500 maybe he'll get some shine.

But actually i like that he's not all over tv doin stupid chalk and shrimp commercials.

Granger has been steadily improving since he got drafted. This year dude figured out his gear.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Josh Smith was gunning to posterize Amare for the epic STATUE OF LIBERTY dunk that Amare posterized him with last year....

too bad he ended up over Nash, not as impressive IMHO

ontop of that, THE SUNS WON THE GAME

haha

u cant talk your way outta that shit - BOOOOOOOOOM!!!!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

• The discussion of Granger and the clip of Nash getting posterized (nasty no doubt, but J Smith has it in him to do that to more challenging targets than stevie) highlights to me how this season seems to be transitory in that many of the current generation of early 2000's stars is starting to give way to the next wave.

I've always been a fan of the rugged power forward not looking for the limelight (see Charles Oakley). The past couple years some young'uns coming up in this mold have been establishing themselves. If you were building a team now what young beast would you take?

Brandon Bass?

Leon Powe?

Jason Maxiell?

To me, having guys like this able to come off the bunch and go hard down low can be a major plus. Right now I'm liking Bass' ability to shoot the mid-range jumper, but I haven't seen the Pistons play much this year.

There's a gang of great PF in the L right now.

Carlos Boozer,LeMarcus Aldridge,and David West.

If you were building a team now what young beast would you take?

Brandon Bass?

Leon Powe?

Jason Maxiell?

These guys are good playing along side a good Center/big Man.

Bass plays alongside Dork
    Powe off the bench or w/ Perkins
    Maxiell off the bench or w/ Wallace.

All three are role players and have yet to become that dependable 4.

Bass has the greatest upside.

• Oh, no doubt.

I guess I'm really thinking about guys that are pretty young and less star-status. So to me, Boozer and David West are already pretty well established and could potentially be the focus of a teams' offense. In constrast, some of these other young guys I'm thinking of are more "workmanlike".

Good call on Aldridge, future all star.

The Lunchpail Ethic that dudes like The Oak or Dale Davis have is a favorite style of mine.

Scola on Houston is effective doin this alonside Yao.

• There's a gang of great PF in the L right now.

Carlos Boozer,LeMarcus Aldridge,and David West.

add Paul Millsap to that list

• All star reserves announced:

East:

G Dwayne Wade, MIA*
    G Allen Iverson, DET*
    F Dwight Howard, ORL*
    F LeBron James, CLE*
    C Kevin Garnett, BOS*
    F Paul Pierce, BOS
    C Chris Bosh, TOR
    G Joe Johnson, ATL
    F Danny Granger, IND
    G Devin Harris, NJ
    F Rashard Lewis, ORL
    G Jameer Nelson, ORL

West:

G Chris Paul, NO*
    G Kobe Bryant, LAL*
    F Tim Duncan, SA*
    F Amare Stoudemire, PHO*
    C Yao Ming, HOU*
    F Dirk Nowitzki, DAL
    F Pau Gasol, LAL
    G Chauncey Billups, DEN
    G Tony Parker, SA
    G Brandon Roy, POR
    C Shaquille O'Neal, PHO
    F David West, NO

the * are starters.

Everyone knows that the starter selections, being chosen by fan voting, may be suspect. But the reserves are chosen by coaches so there tends to be controversy when a deserving player is left off.
    This year Carmelo Anthony stands out as a controversial non-selection but he has been injured for a few and the Nuggets have been okay without him. Apparently the Cavs are pissed that the Magic have three players on the East all-stars even though the Cavs have the best record. Mo Williams was gracious in not being accepted even though many thought Williams deserved the nod over Jameer Nelson:

"Congratulations to him," Williams said with a smile. "He deserves it, but there's only a certain amount of players that can play."

Teammate Ben Wallace interjected this comment with, "You deserved it more," than asked for Mo to "Tell it like it is," not shelter his feelings behind a mask of political correctness just because there was media present.

"You want me to tell you like it is?" Williams chuckled. "Then I'll tell it like it is. It's a tragedy. How many players get into the game, and how many players did the Magic get in? They've got three players, and we've got the best record. Not just in the Eastern Conference, but in the whole league??? Best team in the world, and we got one player."

The guy's got a point, and Wallace's got his back.

"He took us from a team that was on the verge of competing for a championship to making us a legit championship contender," Wallace added.

"But you know how that goes," he continued, "You always make it the next year after the year you're supposed to really make it. It's a tragedy, it's a sham, it's a tragedy... a shamockery."

A shamockery indeed Ben, a shamockery indeed.