Whats the SHITTIEST city you've been to?

Comments

• HamHam 872 Posts
    ??rebro, Swedenb,121Eskilstuna, Swedenb,121V??ster??s, Sweden

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    three pages in and nobody's mentioned Terre Haute, Indiana? b,121b,121Swansea, Wales is fusking grim.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121??rebro, Swedenb,121Eskilstuna, Swedenb,121V??ster??s, Sweden b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121That bad, huh?

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121b,121Tacoma, WA - Bigger strip mall.b,121b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121You went to the wrong part of that town then.b,121I'm sure you could say that about any American city if you justb,121go through the strip mall section. Hell Canada too, Vancouvers got'em for days coming into downtown. They are a plague that no urban areab,121seems to be able to avoid.b,121Tacoma reminds me of what SLC was in the 90's, cool old buildings downtownb,121that need some TLC. Tacoma is also on the rise.b,121b,121Chan you gotta help me set this man straight on T-Town!

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121capital city: Vienna: depressing, boring, ugly, unfriendly, disgusting food, bland beer, ugly women. forget about those famed coffee houses, the coffee actually is horrible and their cake is overrated.b,121b,121city in general: Kankan: located in the north of Guinea, really depressing and unspeakibly filthy, I love the country, don't get me wrong... but that city is just horribly depressing. No beer anywhere except the two "best" (rather least disgusting) and hopelessly overpriced hotels. Only most basic, lovelessly prepared food available, no elictricity at all, filthiest, most rotten greasecrust hotel kitchen I've seen in my life (I've visited with a friend from Benin who has spent most of his teens as a homeless kid on the backstreets of Cotonou and even he was shocked). No fun. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121i m far away from liking vienna, but worst city in the world? b,121ugly girls? disgusting food? nah man. u must ve been to the wrong places.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121three pages in and nobody's mentioned Terre Haute, Indiana? b,121b,121 b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121seemed kinda lame when I was there, but I came up big time on records there...so I have love for Terra Haute

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121Worcester b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121To be fair - I went to college there, and although at first I was definitely like "WTF am I doing in this wasteland?" there's actually a lot of really weird, cool people doing a lot of really weird, cool shit, because they can get away with it there, sort of like pre-Giuliani NYC.. No superficial bullshit. Granted, it's still ugly as sin and kind of depressing to drive through. b,121b,121h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121I'm curious about this. I've lived in CT for just about my whole life (I did spend a year up in the JP neighborhood of Boston) and I've never had a reason to go to Worcester (besides being dragged to a Phish show there once ... not the kind of event that leaves warm memories). And, as has been mentioned, it looks like a sh*thole.b,121b,121But, then again, I live in New London, CT which also looks like a sh*thole. Yet, there's a raging little rock scene here (we just had a free festival headlined by Jay Reatard) and a pretty developed art scene as well. b,121b,121So I'm curious about Worcester. Is there a secret rock scene? Ya figure a craphole like that would inspire folks to play loud music. Is it all crapmetal like those goddamned bands that occupy the practice space above my band's space that somehow derive deep satisfaction from playing the same stock riffs at full metal volume into oblivion? Or are there good bands as well? b,121b,121I'm pretty sure this Tool cover band whose Myspace page I enjoy laughing at comes from from Worcester. If I lived in Worcester I'd start a horrible cover band of that Tool cover band. And then maybe I'd shoot myself in the knee.b,121b,121Ahhhh ... Worcester.

• Chattanooga TNb,121b,121Redneck ville. My girl & her family stayed out there for a few days. Everyday she called me to tell me how most of the city closes down at around 7pm and the attitude from the locals is awful,backwoods,hillbilly and annoying. I drive right through that shit hole when I'm heading out to Nashville.b,121b,121And Augusta Ga is a shit hole as well. Poor white & black trash haven!

• Flint, MI

b,121Orlando, FLb,121Cheyenne, WYb,121Fremont, CAb,121b,121I also hatt SLC

• I hate Phoenix too, but theres nothing really wrong with Scottsdale.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121b,121b,121you Houston Hatteurs better batten down the hatches once the one Harvey_Canal gets a load of this thread! b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121LET DEM GRIDBOYS HATE. b,121b,121h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121Seriously, for tourists, Houston sucks. Get down with some locals next time. No doubt though, the city is fusking ugly. b,121b,121How anyone can say Dallas is better than Houston is beyond me.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    camden nj, shithole for real

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121I hate Phoenix too, but theres nothing really wrong with Scottsdale. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121HAHAHAHAHAHA. HAHAHA. HA. HAHAHAHA. b,121scottsdale is phoenix without good mexican food or thrift stores. so bogusb,121b,121it's funny that phoenix is the winner. i sort of like phoenix. the whole downtown development is ridiculous but i like how the marginal communities are so strong because people are like "we gotta band together... we ended up in fusking PHOENIX." it's definitely got more character / intrigue than most generic midwestern strip mall oases. it's a very weird thing to create this sprawling metropolis with no real identity in the middle of the desert where people were meant to die. b,121b,121you wanna talk shitty american cities, let's touch on fusking OMAHA. yeeesh.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121b,121b,121you Houston Hatteurs better batten down the hatches once the one Harvey_Canal gets a load of this thread! b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121LET DEM GRIDBOYS HATE. b,121b,121h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121Seriously, for tourists, Houston sucks. Get down with some locals next time. No doubt though, the city is fusking ugly. b,121b,121How anyone can say Dallas is better than Houston is beyond me. b,121b,121h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121I spent four summers working at the U of H, my best friends in college were from Houston so I spent a lot of time there on the weekends from school, etc., I would go to shows in Houston, play shows in Houston, I was engaged to a girl from Houston so I would spend time there visting her family, I have spent a LOT of time in Houston...dont like it all

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I wouldn't say Dallas is necessarily shitty. Its clean enough I guess and there are a few museums and shit. and some history. I just don't like most of the people there. And when I say people I should be honest and say "white" people. I know that makes me sound like a jackass, but whatever.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Los Angeles, without a doubt. It made me love the shit out of Chicago, New York and all the good places i've been to in the US. Los Angeles is not even an american city to me...Feels more like a Mexican/Jewish/Russian/Black/White town where people don't get along, whre Mexicans are bitter, where people don't believe in education and don't believe in the power of soap and deo. And don't get me wrong, I LOVE USA. But not L.A.b,121b,121Now for the Euro continent, Frankfurt sucks big time. I'm not really down with the German way of life anyway. The food sucks and i don't drink beer like that. Like every hour...Portugal is a pretty bad country overall. I hated the food and the people. Outside Europe, i would say Russia is the worst place to go to. But i'm not objective. Russians are not the type of people i like to deal with.b,121b,121However, i can talk more about wonderful places i've been to than weak spots. I tend to target the right places before i even buy a ticket. Minus L.A. ;-)

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121b,121b,121damn you must have been in a bad mood when you visited Vienna, Frank. its nice here. some of our beer (not Viennesse, but Austrian) is as good as German beer. and it depends on what youre searching for as far as entertainment goes but its definitely a culturally rich, and the nightlife at least on week-ends is ok.b,121b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121okay... might have been a bit harsh and maybe just had bad luck when visiting (although I've been there twice and found it lame on both occasions). Austria itself is beautiful and has great food and wine of course but Vienna just struck me as really depressing and joyless...

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121b,121b,121Now for the Euro continent, Frankfurt sucks big time. I'm not really down with the German way of life anyway. The food sucks and i don't drink beer like that. Like every hour...Portugal is a pretty bad country overall. I hated the food and the people. Outside Europe, i would say Russia is the worst place to go to. But i'm not objective. Russians are not the type of people i like to deal with.b,121b,121However, i can talk more about wonderful places i've been to than weak spots. I tend to target the right places before i even buy a ticket. Minus L.A. ;-) b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I have to agree with Frankfurt being very ugly and kindof pointless as a city. Even the local beer really sucks, local food as well. People drink some really disgusting apple cider based beverage that causes horrendously bad breath.b,121b,121I'd be really interrested what you stereotype as "the German way of life" though...b,121b,121What really disturbs me is that you hate on Portugal...b,121I'm pretty picky when it comes to food and had a really good time there.b,121Very friendly and laid back people and very pretty girls.b,121Didn't like Lisbon either? Really odd...

naw...when you hang with a bunch of white folks, Portugal is probably OK. But i was with some black peeps, and Portuguese people are way too racist for me. They pretty much act like neo-colonizers. Everything black is good enough to wipe out the dust or clean the table. I hate this mediteranean habit. Italians are similar for that. Italy, oh shit, don't get me started. Food aside, this is probably the worst people i had to deal with...bunch of racist faggots. Unsecure and uneducated. But the food is dope, indeed. Can't complain about that.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121naw...when you hang with a bunch of white folks, Portugal is probably OK. But i was with some black peeps, and Portuguese people are way too racist for me. They pretty much act like neo-colonizers. Everything black is good enough to wipe out the dust or clean the table. I hate this mediteranean habit. Italians are similar for that. Italy, oh shit, don't get me started. Food aside, this is probably the worst people i had to deal with...bunch of racist faggots. Unsecure and uneducated. But the food is dope, indeed. Can't complain about that. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121in[/b]secure img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" 21

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Los Angeles, without a doubt. It made me love the shit out of Chicago, New York and all the good places i've been to in the US. Los Angeles is not even an american city to me...Feels more like a Mexican/Jewish/Russian/Black/White town where people don't get along, whre Mexicans are bitter, where people don't believe in education and don't believe in the power of soap and deo. And don't get me wrong, I LOVE USA. But not L.A.b,121b,121 b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Chewed up and spit out. b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" 21

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121bunch of racist faggots. Unsecure and uneducated. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oof.gif" alt="" 21

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121b,121b,121So I'm curious about Worcester. Is there a secret rock scene? Ya figure a craphole like that would inspire folks to play loud music. Is it all crapmetal like those goddamned bands that occupy the practice space above my band's space that somehow derive deep satisfaction from playing the same stock riffs at full metal volume into oblivion? Or are there good bands as well? b,121b,121b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121There IS a lot of bad metal, as to be expected from the large hesher population. But there's also a lot of art-punk, folk, electronic, blues, noise, hardcore, experimental etc. etc. shows and bands happening. b,121Check out this cat Jacob Berendes- a friendly acquaintance of mine who makes some great folk/electronic/experimental music, runs a thrift store called a href="http://www.hbml.org" target="_blank"1Happy Birthday Mike Leslie/a1 and this a href="http://www.fujichia.com" target="_blank"1blog/catchall/a1 that I always enjoy reading.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121b,121b,121So I'm curious about Worcester. Is there a secret rock scene? Ya figure a craphole like that would inspire folks to play loud music. Is it all crapmetal like those goddamned bands that occupy the practice space above my band's space that somehow derive deep satisfaction from playing the same stock riffs at full metal volume into oblivion? Or are there good bands as well? b,121b,121b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121There IS a lot of bad metal, as to be expected from the large hesher population. But there's also a lot of art-punk, folk, electronic, blues, noise, hardcore, experimental etc. etc. shows and bands happening. b,121Check out this cat Jacob Berendes- a friendly acquaintance of mine who makes some great folk/electronic/experimental music, runs a thrift store called a href="http://www.hbml.org" target="_blank"1Happy Birthday Mike Leslie/a1 and this a href="http://www.fujichia.com" target="_blank"1blog/catchall/a1 that I always enjoy reading. b,121b,121h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121Cool. Maybe the lady and I will swing up there. She's opening up a new gallery in New London and she's on the lookout for semi-local artists that aren't already known in the NL area. Looks like there are some interesting folks to meet in that shop.b,121b,121p.s. your avatar has so far provided many minutes of top notch entertainment

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Los Angeles, without a doubt. It made me love the shit out of Chicago, New York and all the good places i've been to in the US. Los Angeles is not even an american city to me...Feels more like a Mexican/Jewish/Russian/Black/White town where people don't get along, whre Mexicans are bitter, where people don't believe in education and don't believe in the power of soap and deo. And don't get me wrong, I LOVE USA. But not L.A. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1 b,121b,121This is pretty funny to me.

• Buffalo's not that bad. Like someone pointed out, even the grubbiest Northeast rust belt burghs have history. Shittiest to me would be some southern McMansion Stepford Hootie Blowfish golfworld bland plastic nightmare hell like Cary, NC.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121san jose--borrrrrrrrring. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121And some of the worst tasting water I've ever had.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121capital city: Vienna: depressing, boring, ugly, unfriendly, disgusting food, bland beer, ugly women. forget about those famed coffee houses, the coffee actually is horrible and their cake is overrated.b,121b,121 b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121damn you must have been in a bad mood when you visited Vienna, Frank. its nice here. some of our beer (not Viennesse, but Austrian) is as good as German beer. and it depends on what youre searching for as far as entertainment goes but its definitely a culturally rich, and the nightlife at least on week-ends is ok.b,121b,121b,121b,121h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121Yeah, I was just in Vienna a month or so ago, and I definitely enjoyed it. I almost ODed on schnitzel, and I ain't mad at that.b,121b,121People kept referring to it as "hillbilly Germany," though, which I found kinda funny.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Youngstown, OH anyone? worst city ive ever been too.b,121b,121parts of pittsburgh are pretty terrible too

/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121 /font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121Los Angeles, without a doubt. It made me love the shit out of Chicago, New York and all the good places i've been to in the US. Los Angeles is not even an american city to me...Feels more like a Mexican/Jewish/Russian/Black/White town where people don't get along, whre Mexicans are bitter, where people don't believe in education and don't believe in the power of soap and deo. And don't get me wrong, I LOVE USA. But not L.A. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1 b,121b,121This is pretty funny to me. b,121b,121h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121That's all it was to me too, a funny moment in a funny city. Oh and i forgot asians in my list. How can i forget this fucked up thing called Korea town...lol.b,121Believe me, i lived in three different neighborhoods and none of them made me change my mind.b,121b,121Another fucked up place to go to : Malta. A small island near Italy. Easily the worst island i went to.