Whats the SHITTIEST city you've been to?

Comments

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Detroit wins hands down.b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121thank you

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121detroit looks as fucked as newark but has much more records to dig so in of that its saving grace b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121no records hereb,121b,121move along b,121b,121img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1074.gif" alt="" 21

• It's true that SLC is making a turn around. My brother just moved out there, he's very important in the arts community and also very gay. He is so far happy out there and has gotten the red carpet treatment all the way.b,121b,121I couldn't believe it, but there's about a 60/40 split in SLC of Dem/Prog voters to conservatives. most of the freaky Mormons live outside of the city proper.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Detroit is one of my favourite cities. Maybe I'd feel different if I lived there, but as a visitor, I've had a great time every time. BUT will never forget being shown a parking lot where an attendant was locked in his booth and it set on fire to settle a dispute - not my words.

• also re: Kala,b,121 Brownsville... The Hill That's Real is about the last place on earth I'd like to find myself.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Detroit is one of my favourite cities. Maybe I'd feel different if I lived there, but as a visitor, I've had a great time every time. BUT will never forget being shown a parking lot where an attendant was locked in his booth and it set on fire to settle a dispute - not my words. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121the way you wrote this made me think the action was unfolding during your visit to the lot.

• Some of the ugliest people in America are from Worcester MA, Lowell MA, Woonsocket RI and West Warwick RIb,121the cities are pretty damn ugly too, but I'm guessing not as despressing as Gary, IN

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121Detroit is one of my favourite cities. Maybe I'd feel different if I lived there, but as a visitor, I've had a great time every time. BUT will never forget being shown a parking lot where an attendant was locked in his booth and it set on fire to settle a dispute - not my words. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121the way you wrote this made me think the action was unfolding during your visit to the lot. b,121b,121h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121i am a jumbled thinker/writer at the best of times, but now i've just had two big glasses of red wine.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    not at all, i'm just glad it wasn't the case!

• Lucknow, India and the entire State of Bihar make Buffalo look pretty damn wonderful.

• Phoenix, AZ gets my vote. I didn't really live there, only spent a few weeks, but I could tell I never needed to go back. A lot of the East coast rust-belt cities that have been nominated get a pass from me because they have interesting histories and old buildings. But some of the younger Western cities like Phoenix and SLC just have nothing going for them as far as I am concerned.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    capital city: Vienna: depressing, boring, ugly, unfriendly, disgusting food, bland beer, ugly women. forget about those famed coffee houses, the coffee actually is horrible and their cake is overrated.b,121b,121city in general: Kankan: located in the north of Guinea, really depressing and unspeakibly filthy, I love the country, don't get me wrong... but that city is just horribly depressing. No beer anywhere except the two "best" (rather least disgusting) and hopelessly overpriced hotels. Only most basic, lovelessly prepared food available, no elictricity at all, filthiest, most rotten greasecrust hotel kitchen I've seen in my life (I've visited with a friend from Benin who has spent most of his teens as a homeless kid on the backstreets of Cotonou and even he was shocked). No fun.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    We must sound like a bunch of spoiled pansies.....we're bitching about Buffalo and Phoenix and Frank is describing Kankan greascrust!

• sergserg 682 Posts
    I spent ten years in phoenix, Fusk that place. Fusk mesa, Fusk tempe, Fusk scottsdale, Fusk glendale,Fusk peoria, Fusk all those fuckin suburbs of dirt. Any thing good about phx can never hold up to what sucks about it.b,121b,121elpaso ain't bad, not great but I can manage there. b,121b,121I Fusk with houston though, yeah the suburbs sucks, freeways and malls but I've had fun in that city. it's cool with me.b,121b,121Dallas is way shittier than Houston. b,121b,121San Jose fuckin blows cock.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    orlando

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121orlando b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121There's a dark horse.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Dallas TX (sorry Rich) b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Texasist.

• New Brunswick, NJ.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Worcester b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121To be fair - I went to college there, and although at first I was definitely like "WTF am I doing in this wasteland?" there's actually a lot of really weird, cool people doing a lot of really weird, cool shit, because they can get away with it there, sort of like pre-Giuliani NYC.. No superficial bullshit. Granted, it's still ugly as sin and kind of depressing to drive through.

• I always wonder this... but what are the most dangerous cities/neighborhoods in the country? And how dangerous are they really? Like... get killed just for being there... for certain? Highly likely to get robbed? Catch a beatdown? Depends on race/swagger? b,121b,121What are some of the most dangerous areas of Los Angeles?

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121there's actually a lot of really weird, cool people doing a lot of really weird, cool shit, because they can get away with it there, sort of like pre-Giuliani NYC.. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121story! story!

• Raynell, West Virginia............ img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/walkawaysonfinal.gif" alt="" 21

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121It's true that SLC is making a turn around. My brother just moved out there, he's very important in the arts community and also very gay. He is so far happy out there and has gotten the red carpet treatment all the way.b,121b,121I couldn't believe it, but there's about a 60/40 split in SLC of Dem/Prog voters to conservatives. most of the freaky Mormons live outside of the city proper. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Cool it's always good to hear that a city is on the come up.b,121I've only been there once in the mid 90's and the downtown was pretty downtrodden.b,121The only happening spot was a shitty mall.b,121Plus we were trying to find a decent bar but the ones with liquor you needed to be a member.b,121Utah's liquor laws are fusked (FU 3.2 beer!). But that's a topic for another thread.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121I always wonder this... but what are the most dangerous cities/neighborhoods in the country? And how dangerous are they really? Like... get killed just for being there... for certain? Highly likely to get robbed? Catch a beatdown? Depends on race/swagger? b,121b,121What are some of the most dangerous areas of Los Angeles? b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121You can go wherever you want whenever you want.b,121Didn't you read....b,121b,121img src="http://server40136.uk2net.com/~wpower/images/product_images/9781933368559.jpg"1

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121b,121b,121you Houston Hatteurs better batten down the hatches once the one Harvey_Canal gets a load of this thread! b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121LET DEM GRIDBOYS HATE.

• Bethel, AK - Dry, native fishing town that can be only reached by plane, dogsled, or the frozen rivers in winter (think Ice Road Truckers).b,121b,121Cali, Colombia - Passed through there for a funeral. If you were not rich, you were fusked. Feared for my life.b,121b,121Tucson, AZ - One big strip mallb,121b,121Tacoma, WA - Bigger strip mall.b,121b,121Ogden, UT - What can I say.b,121b,121Moscow, Russia - Straight up depressing. The food, oye!b,121b,121All of Sol. Cal., Nuke it from orbit, its the only way to be sure.b,121b,121Any Mexican border town.b,121b,121 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bucs.gif" alt="" 21

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Memphis

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121san jose--borrrrrrrrring. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121but far from being the shittiest

• lets be truthfull. if were talking united states were all rich. come on peoples.b,121for the u.s.a. i nominate:b,1211. baton rouge louisianab,1212. little rock arkansasb,1213. oklahoma city oklahomab,121b,121b,121b,121peace, stein. . . img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" 21

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121capital city: Vienna: depressing, boring, ugly, unfriendly, disgusting food, bland beer, ugly women. forget about those famed coffee houses, the coffee actually is horrible and their cake is overrated.b,121b,121city in general: Kankan: located in the north of Guinea, really depressing and unspeakibly filthy, I love the country, don't get me wrong... but that city is just horribly depressing. No beer anywhere except the two "best" (rather least disgusting) and hopelessly overpriced hotels. Only most basic, lovelessly prepared food available, no elictricity at all, filthiest, most rotten greasecrust hotel kitchen I've seen in my life (I've visited with a friend from Benin who has spent most of his teens as a homeless kid on the backstreets of Cotonou and even he was shocked). No fun. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121damn you must have been in a bad mood when you visited Vienna, Frank. its nice here. some of our beer (not Viennesse, but Austrian) is as good as German beer. and it depends on what youre searching for as far as entertainment goes but its definitely a culturally rich, and the nightlife at least on week-ends is ok.b,121b,121b,121i nominate Calcutta, the whole city reeks of the leather tanning industry and thats a goddamn stench. unmanageable shanti-towns around the actual city with impoverished people without any chance of advancement of their situation.b,121the probability that a woman who's out at night alone gets raped twice! is at 80 percent we were told. b,121its not even that the city doesnt have anything to offer, its a big historically & cultural important city but still...