NBA PLAYOFFS'08 ALL CAPS EDITION

Comments

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Johnson comes through with the rebound + FTs. How clutch has this man been when it counts? Terrible FG% this game, but damn if he didn't just seal it.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Congrats to the Hawks for playing hard as fuck and
    getting the Celtics off their game in remarkable way.

However, don't expect this bullshit to continue in Boston.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    WILL IT BE ANOTHER YEAR OF THIS?

Probably not. But wouldn't mind seeing THE championship contender being eliminated (It'll increase the probability of the Lakers winning it all.)

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Probably not. But wouldn't mind seeing THE championship contender being eliminated (It'll increase the probability of the Lakers winning it all.)

no Bynum

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

Marvin Williams is dope.

Represent that Bremerton!

no Bynum

Yup. Every round, it's gonna get tougher. #1 seed don't mean shit.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I believe the one EdPowers has been calling this since the pre-season.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts

What are you referring to?

K.O.B.E. is the MVP

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    K.O.B.E. is the MVP

Yuichi just soiled himself and came at the same time.

The 2008 KOBE MVP YUICHI PANTS DRIVE is on!

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts

K.O.B.E. is the MVP

Yuichi just soiled himself and came at the same time.

The 2008 KOBE MVP YUICHI PANTS DRIVE is on!

I think an all caps speech is a must.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

What are you referring to?

A potential early exit for the Celtics

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Don't miss disaster #2[/b]

Coach Woodson needs to call Mike Bibby in his office...make sure the door is locked and beat the living shit out of him .....Mike Bibby thinks he's still Mike Bibby ! Hell, Mike Bibby wasn't shit to begin with. ATLANTA NEEDS JASON KIDD !!! Give Dallas whatever they want except Horford and Johnson ....
    I didn't like this Boston team from day one.....The only reason i figured they would even make it to the Finals is because Detroit still thinks they can just show up to the fuckin game and win.......Everything i didn't like about this Boston team is what we saw last night. None of those dudes can handle pressure. Paul Pierce is the captain and he's gang bangin on the court....KG does all that yellin and chest bumping and shit when he's ahead but when its late and his team needs him to takeover you can't find that muthfucka ..he's big T.Mac ...Jesus Shuttlesworth is the biggest joke...He didn't even run the play Doc called at the end of the game.....If Bibby pulls his head out of his ass and runs the damn team Atlanta can easily win big.

Everything i didn't like about this Boston team is what we saw last night. None of those dudes can handle pressure. Paul Pierce is the captain and he's gang bangin on the court....KG does all that yellin and chest bumping and shit when he's ahead but when its late and his team needs him to takeover you can't find that muthfucka ..he's big T.Mac ...Jesus Shuttlesworth is the biggest joke...He didn't even run the play Doc called at the end of the game.....If Bibby pulls his head out of his ass and runs the damn team Atlanta can easily win big.

NO

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    that being said.....i still don't like the first round being 7 games and Boston deserved to advance after they won their third game

Coming soon to all Atlanta-area Goodwill & Salvation Army stores:

Unworn "SHOCK THE WORLD" T-Shirts

Boston should take it at home.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts

This is true but as a LONG suffering Hawks fan (I went to my first game when Pete Maravich and Lou Hudson were their stars) a victory over the Celtics would be ever so sweet.
    The Celtics-Hawks series in 1988 was some of the best (and most heart-breaking) basketball I've ever seen.

This is true but as a LONG suffering Hawks fan (I went to my first game when Pete Maravich and Lou Hudson were their stars) a victory over the Celtics would be ever so sweet.
    The Celtics-Hawks series in 1988 was some of the best (and most heart-breaking) basketball I've ever seen.

But id hate to see Atlanta fissle out like Golden State did in last years second round against the Spurs. As much as we all enjoy spoilers, scenarios like that are wack to me.

Don't miss disaster #2[/b]

Coach Woodson needs to call Mike Bibby in his office...make sure the door is locked and beat the living shit out of him .....Mike Bibby thinks he's still Mike Bibby ! Hell, Mike Bibby wasn't shit to begin with. ATLANTA NEEDS JASON KIDD !!! Give Dallas whatever they want except Horford and Johnson ....
    I didn't like this Boston team from day one.....The only reason i figured they would even make it to the Finals is because Detroit still thinks they can just show up to the fuckin game and win.......Everything i didn't like about this Boston team is what we saw last night. None of those dudes can handle pressure. Paul Pierce is the captain and he's gang bangin on the court....KG does all that yellin and chest bumping and shit when he's ahead but when its late and his team needs him to takeover you can't find that muthfucka ..he's big T.Mac ...Jesus Shuttlesworth is the biggest joke...He didn't even run the play Doc called at the end of the game.....If Bibby pulls his head out of his ass and runs the damn team Atlanta can easily win big.

K.O.B.E. is the MVP

LA Times is claiming that right? They've been known to jump the gun on many occassions. Talking about "His agent is saying Brett Favre may come out from retirement."

I'll bring out my pom-pons when it's official.

Detroit/Orlando

New Orleans/San Antonio

On paper, these two matchups are gonna be fire.

Who takes what?

• unityunity 179 Posts
    Detroit takes it.
    Nawlins takes it.
    Detroit is too deep.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'll be rooting heavy for the Hawks.....but I don't think they can pull it off in Boston.....not when they make calls like the Joe Johnson "mystery charge" in Game 5....I truly hope the refs call a good game....I'll be watching closely.

... I'll be watching closely.

LOL. And does this mean you will be filing a grievance with the
    league if you see some officiating that you consider sub-par?

Suspect calls have helped/hurt both teams in this series. And LOL
    again at the idea that the outcome of Game 5 was ever in question.

Still, Rock, I'm shocked to hear you are rooting against a Boston team

• toniotonio 22 Posts
    It's too bad the Wizards fans were chanting "overrated" and booing LeBron. What a bunch of fools...

... I'll be watching closely.

LOL. And does this mean you will be filing a grievance with the
    league if you see some officiating that you consider sub-par?

Suspect calls have helped/hurt both teams in this series. And LOL
    again at the idea that the outcome of Game 5 was ever in question.

Still, Rock, I'm shocked to hear you are rooting against a Boston team

Raj should charge you a nickel for every eyeroll graemlin you use....yeah dude, I'm gonna file a grievance and possibly file a class action lawsuit against the NBA ....all I'm saying is home court advantage should not include the refs and if tomorrow's game goes down that way it will be disappointing.

FYI...I root for the Red Sox every time they play the folls in pinstripes.....but for the most part if I don't have a team in the race I'll root for the underdog...and yeah, the last few years Boston teams have been overwhelming favorites in their respective sports.....and then there's Bellicheat.

Raj should charge you a nickel for every eyeroll graemlin you use...

If you'd like, I can paypal him the 40 cents for all 8 times I've ever used it.

If he goes shopping with Dakar, that's like 2 LP's and 5 45's.

I just never cease to be amused at your manner of speaking about things
    as if you were the school principal or shopping mall security guard.

I just never cease to be amused at your manner of speaking about things
    as if you were the school principal or shopping mall security guard.

High School Shoplifting Revealed