NBA PLAYOFFS'08 ALL CAPS EDITION

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    LET ME TRY THIS AGAIN:

JASON KIDD IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE SUB-GARY PAYTON.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    LET ME TRY THIS AGAIN:

Kidd might have learned a lot of tricks from Payton playing together in local Bay Area basketball games like the SF summer league, but Kidd was and is far superior. Kidd had waaayyyy better court vision and more assists, making him the better floor general. Kidd was also a better rebounder, and he was also a pretty good defensive player when he was younger. What Payton was better at was scoring and defense, those aren't my first two priorities in my point guard however.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    LET ME TRY THIS AGAIN:

DO U EVEN WATCH BASKETBALL?

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    LET ME TRY THIS AGAIN:

Kidd might have learned a lot of tricks from Payton playing together in local Bay Area basketball games like the SF summer league, but Kidd was and is far superior. Kidd had waaayyyy better court vision and more assists, making him the better floor general. Kidd was also a better rebounder, and he was also a pretty good defensive player when he was younger. What Payton was better at was scoring and defense, those aren't my first two priorities in my point guard however.

Um, I think defense is always a priority at any position.

LET ME TRY THIS AGAIN:

Is it?

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    LET ME TRY THIS AGAIN:

Is it?

Titles? Nope. Doubt he'll ever win one.

LET ME TRY THIS AGAIN:

Is it?

So Jason Williams,Gary Payton w/ Miami,Tony Parker,Kenny Smith,Steve Kerr,and Derek Fisher are Defensive stoppers at the point?

Only Chauncey Billups gets a pass from me.

Rondo is a defensive threat?
    Paul and Deron?

Name a point guard that is drafted for his defense?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Kidd ... was also a pretty good defensive player when he was younger.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    LET ME TRY THIS AGAIN:

Is it?

So Jason Williams,Gary Payton w/ Miami,Tony Parker,Kenny Smith,Steve Kerr,and Derek Fisher are Defensive stoppers at the point?

Paul and Deron?

Payton, Kenny, and Derrek Fisher are all excellent defenders. Parker's pretty good, too.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    Kobe going for 60 tonight??????

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Did the playoffs start yet?

We're finishing the season with some home/home
    2 apiece series with Atlanta, but I can't wait
    for the postseason jumpoff!

PS

SHUT MOUTH BIBBY

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    Not for you guys. 'Nother week.

LET ME TRY THIS AGAIN:

Is it?

Paul and Deron?

Payton, Kenny, and Derrek Fisher are all excellent defenders. Parker's pretty good, too.

When Payton was the Glove he didnt get a title.
    Kenny Smith isnt on Payton's level.
    Fisher while good isnt shutting dudes down.
    And Tony Parker plays within a great team defensive scheme. He aint shuttin dudes down.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    ...all excellent defenders who played on championship teams.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    TONTO KOWALSKI IS HILARIOUS. I am actually watching this Laker game, at least the 2nd half. The radio play by play sounded amazing driving down the 5.

...all excellent defenders who played on championship teams.

We have different standards of excellence.

Tony Parker has never been named to an All-Defensive Team.

This 2-days-between-games thing is bullshit.
    It's like the two week break before the Super Bowl.

JUST PLAY THE DAMN GAMES

This 2-days-between-games thing is bullshit.
    It's like the two week break before the Super Bowl.

JUST PLAY THE DAMN GAMES

I dont wanna wait another week to see Boston make mincemeat outta Atlanta.

IMO first round should still be best of 5.

Money talks, I guess. But best of 5 allow for more
    drama and quicker mercy kills. Lose the Game One
    at home in a best of 5, and it's sweat bullets time.
    If the matchup is a joke, at least it's over quick.

LET ME TRY THIS AGAIN:

Is it?

Paul and Deron?

Royal Ivey.

Kobe does indeed own the entire Nuggets team.

I say Lakers v Suns finals. Game over.

Kobe does indeed own the entire Nuggets team.

I say Lakers v Suns finals. Game over.

CORRECTION

KOBE = PWNZ

serious pwnz tonite

lulz at coby karl playing against george karl & co

Oh yeah, and...

Jason Kidd: career assists 9497 / career turnovers 3277 = 2.89807

Gary Payton: career assists 8966 / career turnovers 3030 = 2.95907

Like I said...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    "Are you a witness?"

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    LET ME TRY THIS AGAIN:

Is it?

Paul and Deron?

Kidd, Jordan, Bowen, Payton, Eddie J, Mookie Blaylock, Dumars, Stockton, Mo Cheeks, Dennis Johnson...

LET ME TRY THIS AGAIN:

Is it?

Paul and Deron?

Kidd, Jordan, Bowen, Payton, Eddie J, Mookie Blaylock, Dumars, Stockton, Mo Cheeks, Dennis Johnson...

Dude Iknow u went to NBA.com to list these All-defensive team cats....

Kidd - yes..no rings
    Jordan - NOT A PG
    BOWEN - NOT A PG
    PAYTON - again, Defense was good, but he was far from the Glove when he won in Miami
    Eddie Jones - NOT A PG
    Mookie - YES...no rings
    Dumars - not a PG
    Stockton - YES..no rings
    MO cheeks - YES
    DJ - Yes

2 1/2 of this list have rings. Im not feelin ur arguement.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    LET ME TRY THIS AGAIN:

Is it?

Paul and Deron?

Dude Iknow u went to NBA.com to list these All-defensive team cats....

Kidd - yes..no rings
    Jordan - NOT A PG
    BOWEN - NOT A PG
    PAYTON - again, Defense was good, but he was far from the Glove when he won in Miami
    Eddie Jones - NOT A PG
    Mookie - YES...no rings
    Dumars - not a PG
    Stockton - YES..no rings
    MO cheeks - YES
    DJ - Yes

2 1/2 of this list have rings. Im not feelin ur arguement.

Your question was name a guard who was drafted for defense. Mookie is the only guy on that list not to go to the finals...and you're right about NBA.com but after I had 8 of them already down. I knew Mookie would give that away!

lets rewind.....

U said defense is a priority.

I posted up A.I. as an example of a successful PG who is not known for smothering defense. He went to that finals and copped the MVP.

U countered w/ "No Rings"....

Then i listed the recent championship PGs w/ rings who dont play smothering D,backin up my argument that smothering D isnt necessary from the PG position.
    I took it further by asking who gets drafted at the PG for their D?

then u went on to say that Derek Fisher & Tony Parker are excellent defenders...

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    Kenny THE JET smith jumps over car. dudes put on a hell of a show

thats some funny shit