Monday Finds!!!

bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Did well in the dollar bins today!Souls of Mischief "'93 'til infinity" Promo LPKRS-One "rapture" 12"LL Cool J "i'm bad" 12" New Kingdom "good times" (del & lumberjack remixes)and had this waiting on me in the mail when I got home!

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Can't beat those...but I did manage to find a clean Clarence Reid "Running Water" which I've been curious about. Also, finally copped Ohio Players "Honey", cuz it was cheap.

• .50cent thrift finds today:

Brook Benton Today
    Lonnie Liston Smith & The Cosmic Echoes - Visions of a New World
    WAR - The World Is A Ghetto
    Ohio Players - Fire
    Al Green - Livin' for you
    Grover Washington Jr. - Anthology (Motown)
    Johnny Rivers - Changes
    Santana - Abraxas
    Cream - Heavy Cream
    Steely Dan - Pretzel Logic
    The Godfather OST
    The 5th Dimension - Individually & Collectively
    Pete Rock & CL Smooth - T.R.O.Y 12" single

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Did well in the dollar bins today!

Which press is the Chain Reaction?

• That Caretakers Prophecy track is interesting...I can never figure out if I love it or hate it.

I think it is the lost cousin to the Caprells, 'Close Your Eyes,' though. The organ does get me.

• Did well in the dollar bins today!

Which press is the Chain Reaction?

German press...Maxx Traxx is autographed by the keyboard player says, "to my extraordinarily beautiful cousins Christy & Sydney all my love, Terry"

• Just found this in the Maxx Traxx:

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

that cover is great.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

Two mailbox finds (got back the Militant Barry I had to let go in a trade from a couple
    months back), one real world trade for the Earl Sixteen (PURE FIRE! Roy Cousins at the Control!),
    Don Blackman and Linda Williams are thriftstore finds that proved to be reissues talk about WTF!

On loan from a homey, gonna have to figure out a way to get him to trade me something
    for it.
    Amazing early 80's Reggae mag straight out of Kingston north, Toronto.
    Anyone got any issues of this mag? Sip help a brother out I need more of these...
    Here are some more photos from the inside...

• that cover is great.

that album is great!! congrats

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i got an original of that linda williams. holla.

just one, mailbox find. ebay BIN for $1.99 sealed

On loan from a homey, gonna have to figure out a way to get him to trade me something
    for it.
    Anyone got any issues of this mag? Sip help a brother out I need more of these...

Just answered my own question with one quick google.
    You can order all 7 available back issues for $69 bucks.
    Sweet!

http://www.reggaepedia.net/reggaequarterly/

• Cpeetz- those magazines are nuts, my girl got me all the ones still available last year. Beth Lesser is still around and wrote that Jammy's book which is essential IMO. Love that earl sixteen too, there's something magical about the title track- so bad ass- songs for a reason indeed!

Cpeetz- those magazines are nuts, my girl got me all the ones still available last year.

Hold onto her brother, you've obviously got a good woman.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

Jroot the new toilet paper you picked up looks
    mighty uncomfortable....

hahahaha

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

that cover is great.

that album is great!! congrats

nice!

• From the last 4-5 days. A few white whales off the list. All in great shape. Good digging as of late.

• top left corner record. is that a 10"? i got something similar and it was a 10". kinda folksy brazilian stuffs yes?

• top left corner record. is that a 10"? i got something similar and it was a 10". kinda folksy brazilian stuffs yes?

Yes its part of a very large series of Brazilian 10"s which focus on different composers. Each 10" will have various artists doing that composer/writer's songs. If the writer is a recording artist as well they'll have some of their versions on there also.
    Not sure how many records are in this series there are but there are loads. Some are easier to find than others but most are pretty easy to get (especially in Brazil).

• yeah, i got one in along with a bunch of other brazilian joints championed here. i wasnt expecting the 10" and it fell out of the jacket and i stepped on it.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    yeah, i just got one of gilberto gil w/ a killer gal costa track from her s/t album. theres some psychadelic pictures in the magazine too, cool stuff.

• Is there a reissue of this? Can't tell if mine is og or not. Pasted on cardboard cover, but the record looks like it could go either way. Anyone have any info?

is that Cover Story book any good? i'm still waiting for it to pop up at the local bookstore (they got the mingering mike book in in mass quantities almost immediately, but i still havent seen this)

i usually hate album cover books, but im guessing one from waxpoetics would be a lot better than the usual dollarbincommon collection...

• On loan from a homey, gonna have to figure out a way to get him to trade me something
    for it.

Just answered my own question with one quick google.
    You can order all 7 available back issues for $69 bucks.
    Sweet!

http://www.reggaepedia.net/reggaequarterly/

Thanks for posting that up homie - looks like a great mag, and I've been meaning to cop the Jammy's book for a minute ..

Another reggae zine worth chasing down is 'Full Watts' - I copped a couple of issues in japan but a bit of googling suggests they might still be available from Ernie B's or the Dub Vendor (UK store). Rich with knowledge.

Thanks for posting that up homie - looks like a great mag, and I've been meaning to cop the Jammy's book for a minute ..

Another reggae zine worth chasing down is 'Full Watts' - I copped a couple of issues in japan but a bit of googling suggests they might still be available from Ernie B's or the Dub Vendor (UK store). Rich with knowledge.

No problemo and cheers to you for tipping me off to Full Watts, looks sick!