Monday Finds!!!

2»

Comments

• What's that Sandy Barber like?

To whomever asked about Brooklyn Sounds, I believe there is only a cd reissue.

• What's that Sandy Barber like?

Very nice disco record from 1977. Nat Adderley is one of the producers. The best known track is " I Think I'll Do Some Steppin on my Own," but my favorite track is "Wonder Woman" which starts with a nice long disco break and goes on nicely from there. It's my wife's favorite new track.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Wax Poetics Cover Story - it is much better than the dollarbin common crap, but it seems so short. There is an amazing rap cover by this rap group Dominating MC's for their album "Knowledge Bound." It really blew me away. They are posted up in a library with ancient olympic jackets.

The idea of having different contributors was really good as well.

• Thanks for the info! Usually it's easy to spot a re, but this one is weird and I only paid $5 for it from a spot usually up on their stuff so...Thanks again.

quote]What's that Sandy Barber like?

• Wax Poetics Cover Story - it is much better than the dollarbin common crap, but it seems so short. There is an amazing rap cover by this rap group Dominating MC's for their album "Knowledge Bound." It really blew me away. They are posted up in a library with ancient olympic jackets.

The idea of having different contributors was really good as well.

cosign, and the best part is its el cheapo. much bang for the buck.

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts

What's the Radio Jazz Blaslandor LP like? This is the one with Sabu on right?

• yeah fred, that radio jazz thingy looks interesting...

here's some LP's from the past few days - some trades and a hour or so spent in plastic wax:

-- dead pleased to get a copy of the CAETANO VELOSO lp - not a bad song on there. amazing stuff. finally got a PENTANGLE - "basket of light" that isnt plagued by background noise. there's some great stuff on the "LAST SUMMER" soundtrack - just picked it up to make the postage worthwhile on the Veloso LP as it was reasonably priced and i recognised the cover from somewhere... a dead fun listen. OG'd up on the NEIL YOUNG (one of my fav albums by him) and ELP - so i can chuck my reissues of them...

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Side 2 of that Poco LP is nuts!

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    do u guys know how confusing it is to get out of bed on a monday morning, just to find out that some dudes already found heat while u are cooking some bacon?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Don't sleep!