BREAD OR RICE

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
For the rest of your life. Imagine the possibilities with each. For me, this is a no-brainer.

Comments

• Strangely I have given this very question some thought before and I finally decide on bread, just because of the many diverse forms it takes. (from sweetrolls to pretzels to rustic loaves etc.) But it was a tough call because I really like rice. We just got a badass rice cooker with some christmas money and my rice game has stepped up a notch.

• I hardly ever eat wheat besides the occasional beef patty and burrito so I think I can go my whole life without bread. Rice gets my vote.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    For the rest of your life. Imagine the possibilities with each. For me, this is a no-brainer.

You sound asian.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Bread. I like sandwiches. Then there's toast with breakfast, and for dipping in your sauce/soup, etc.

Don't get me wrong???I heart rice, but it doesn't fit into my total diet with such versatility.

Oh, the song "The Guitar Man" by Bread fucking rules. Was there even a band named Rice?

• BREAD

• Bread. I like sandwiches. Then there's toast with breakfast, and for dipping in your sauce/soup, etc.

Don't get me wrong???I heart rice, but it doesn't fit into my total diet with such versatility.

Oh, the song "The Guitar Man" by Bread fucking rules. Was there even a band named Rice?

that douchebag Vincent Gallo has a band/vanity project called "RRRIIICCCEEE"

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Grew up in Cajun country and married a Haitian...so RICE it is.

• Bread. I like sandwiches. Then there's toast with breakfast, and for dipping in your sauce/soup, etc.

Isn't calling anything to do with Vincent Gallo a "vanity project" redundant???

well it didn't seem right to refer to it as a band

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I think bread is pretty light.

• I'd settle for bread, Couscous is better than rice anyway.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Rice all day every day. Eating rice right now with chana masala and curry eggplant.

• bread no contest.

I really couldn't live for very long without sourdough french bread. it's tops.

plus I don't even really like rice. I fucks with Asian cuisine 3-4 week easily, and I always pass on the rice.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Short grain rice, long grain rice, sticky rice, sweet rice, basmati, jasmine, congee, rice pudding, rice noodles, risotto, on and on and on......

• GambleGamble 844 Posts

Little harsh there. Check out "Was" from his album When. Dope lo-fi shit.

Dude is a BIG TIME vintage keyboard collector. I cant hate.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Short grain rice, long grain rice, sticky rice, sweet rice, basmati, jasmine, congee, rice pudding, rice noodles, risotto, on and on and on......

Pales in comparison to the varieties of bread.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I fucks with Asian cuisine 3-4 week easily, and I always pass on the rice.

Which means you are probably not having a good meal.

• Rice all day every day. Eating rice right now with chana masala and curry eggplant.

eating garlic naan right now with tikka masala and paneer.

• that douchebag Vincent Gallo has a band/vanity project called "RRRIIICCCEEE"

I like some of his early eighties Gray material, but I am still comfortable calling him a douchebag.

Here is his description of RRIICCEE:
    "If I didn't tell you that the show was completely improvised, you may not know that because it isn't solos and it isn't jamming and it isn't meandering and it isn't wallowing. It's a very conscious, fragile mood of four people communicating musically to spontaneously create composition," Gallo says. No compositions have ever been repeated from one live show to another. "We're not closed to anything. If that happens naturally, then that happens naturally. The most important thing is that it happens naturally and it happens in a conscious way," Gallo says. "If we become unconscious and we start repeating things because we're unconscious, then I'll be uncomfortable being in the band." Gallo says he isn't excited about current music and the model of bands that have record contracts and have to perform the same songs every night on tour. "We're not four provocateurs, we're not reactionary," he says. "It's just nothing about the music business that said to me: 'Wow, that's really exciting, I want to connect with that.' "

• that douchebag Vincent Gallo has a band/vanity project called "RRRIIICCCEEE"

I like some of his early eighties Gray material, but I am still comfortable calling him a douchebag.

Here is his description of RRIICCEE:
    "If I didn't tell you that the show was completely improvised, you may not know that because it isn't solos and it isn't jamming and it isn't meandering and it isn't wallowing. It's a very conscious, fragile mood of four people communicating musically to spontaneously create composition," Gallo says. No compositions have ever been repeated from one live show to another. "We're not closed to anything. If that happens naturally, then that happens naturally. The most important thing is that it happens naturally and it happens in a conscious way," Gallo says. "If we become unconscious and we start repeating things because we're unconscious, then I'll be uncomfortable being in the band." Gallo says he isn't excited about current music and the model of bands that have record contracts and have to perform the same songs every night on tour. "We're not four provocateurs, we're not reactionary," he says. "It's just nothing about the music business that said to me: 'Wow, that's really exciting, I want to connect with that.' "

wow. I think a Gallo douchebag graemlin is in order, him saying "I want to connect with that."

• If you don't like it, then GO HOME AND COOK RICE!!![/b]

In truth, there's a time and place for bread, primarily when there's no rice. You got King's Sweet Bread, and I'm talking the big round one and not the small ones, you can put an omelet in that. Get those miniature ones and make some French toast. Make a good Po' Boy. But if I go to a good restaurant and everything is good, I always wonder how it would be with rice. See a bottle of shoyu? I want rice. Good bowl of soup or stew? Rice. Spam musubi? You don't eat that with bread, my friends.

I'm surprised noodles weren't part of this thread, since I know some would rather eat some type of noodle than bread or rice. Speaking of noodles, you get a good bowl of saimin/ramen, and you have fried rice on the side? You pick up some rice with your spoon, and dip it in the broth? Aw man.

• bread...hands down...there arent many foods that can compete with a piece warm, fresh baked baguette dunked in some extra virgin olive oil with a pinch of sea salt and some fresh ground pepper...one of the worlds most perfect foods.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    bread! and I'll eat orzo and pretend it's rice

• Brown rice, dunnies.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    this thread basically boils down to are you white or ethnic...

no cause some mangiaspaghetti named a brand of rice after him

...however I would choose bread

• this thread basically boils down to are you white or ethnic...

• How about some quinoa, just tried it and it's pretty good eats. The mother of all grains according to the Incas.

• How about some quinoa, just tried it and it's pretty good eats. The mother of all grains according to the Incas.

I have not tried it, but would. It is funny that when I went into this thread, there is a bread banner up above.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    quinoa

My Shit.