what I HATE about women (generic, music related)

Comments

• HamHam 872 Posts
    That's the perfect opportunity to open their eyes to a magical new world..

finance?

• That's the perfect opportunity to open their eyes to a magical new world..

Game droppeth!

Young squires, prepare to be sprinkled!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    doesn't sound like they're the ones that need educating - get over yourselves.

Carrie Underwood Fan

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Carrie Underwood Fan

I loved him in LA Law!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    pissing contest
    the perfect opportunity to open their eyes to a magical new world..
    prepare to be sprinkled!

That's how it's done, people. Take notes.

Carrie Underwood Fan

I loved him in Sex In The City!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

Carrie Underwood Fan

I loved him in LA Law!

Carrie Underwood Fan

Not familiar with that body of work.
    I'd rather listen to skel's musings on women than watch this show -

Carrie Underwood Fan

Not familiar with that body of work.
    I'd rather listen to skel's musings on women than watch this show -

But if i were your girly would you let me watch it or hatt me for my taste?

well, if you were a girl, you would clearly need someone to show you the way and shape your mind and your taste. so I would not hate, seeing as you just don't know better. it would be like hating a child for all the things s/he doesn't know. you could watch it until I educated you about The Wire.

you could watch it until I educated you about The Wire.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    This thread embodies what I HATE about SoulStrut.

It's like watching a car crash. It's awful, but I can't look away.

• I HATE women

Just say what you mean hus

hahaaaaaa
    i was thinking the same thing
    reading incredulously, thinking....dude just doesnt like women. hes searching the female world for a version of himself

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    I once got a lift off a girl who, OF HER OWN ACCORD, had a tape of Herbie's "Thrust" in the car.

Too bad I was already married...

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    sometimes i wonder why i click on threads like this. i hate the internet.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    If you dig for records and you have time for a girl than you're not a real collectro.

Girls?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I once got a lift off a girl who, OF HER OWN ACCORD, had a tape of Herbie's "Thrust" in the car.

Too bad I was already married...

My wife's taste in music is somewhat Becky-ish, although she'd be the first to admit that she's not a musical expert by any stretch.

Another girl/car story though. On our first date, my wife-to-be picked me up (she thought I was a scrub who didn't have a car. I did) and happened to have some mix tape in the car with Jaco Pastorious' "Come On, Come Over" on it. She told me that she kept rewinding it over and over so that that song would be playing when I got in, in an effort to impress me. Sure enough, I got into the car and was like "Niiiiiiice."

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    She told me that she kept rewinding it over and over so that that song would be playing when I got in, in an effort to impress me.

I would have proposed right there!

My Mrs has really eclectic tastes of her own, from Barry Adamson through to Wu-Tang via the Fooeys and Carl Cox club sets, but she hates anything where "They go mad on the sax".

Good job she's got big ones.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    People listen to what they're exposed to. If a person goes their whole life and they were never exposed to "good music"/"music not worthy of being hated for", can you blame them?

[krs]The onus is on you, doggie, to teach the children.[/krs]

Also, the idea that you have some objective idea as to what "good music" is, is truly offensive and disgustingly pretentious. I have my Soul Decision CD right next to my Numero Group: Guitar Soli, Can Tago Mago, Faith ST, and Phillip Werren Electronic Music.

• what you are all missing here is the fact that plenty people say they love music when what they really mean is they want some background noise to keep em' company.
    And that is truly hateful.

maybe if you'd worded it as "people" instead of "women" it would sound less ignorant. nevertheless it'd still be a stupid post.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    dude if its your girly your talking about it might be time for her to leave you [/b]

If it's not then good luck with your lovelife. You're gonna fuckin need it.

the world would be a sad place if we all agreed with everyone else

You just overturned your initial thread.

Enjoy finding that 'special someone' with great taste in everything important to you. It is truly SO important.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

what you are all missing here is the fact that plenty people say they love music when what they really mean is they want some background noise to keep em' company.
    And that is truly hateful.

How in the world is this hateful? You never want background noise to keep you company? You never find yourself immersed in thoughts while listening to something? You never put on some tunes and read? You never drop a CD in the player while driving? You never have a conversation while 'listening' to a record? You never converse with your pals at a rock/jazz/soul/rap show?

You must be a lot of fun at parties.

• Best parts of this thread are that the original post is encapsulated in some sort of faux-html code
    Rant//// Darby raers.
    ///Rant Over

and then the part where he says he'd never mess up what he has with his wife (who is a woman I presume) over
    something as vitally meaningless as music

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I have a sneaking suspicion:

YOU DON'T KNOW THE MIDDLE.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    still caring about your girl's taste in music is so 15-year-old. dude, we all wanted our girlfriends to like the raers, some of us ended up with girls like that, some of us didnt, but most of us ended up happy because we found out what really mattered.

if loving your type of music is #1 one on your list, then you might as well date a mirror dude.

• I'm actually used to girlfriends not being as into music as I am. To me, it's almost a given.

My current girlfriend is actually into cool music (for the most part). She digs classic punk, roots reggae, classic ska, soul, (some) funk, rock, etc. She also digs some commercial bullshit too, but that's to be expected. Out of all the girls I've been involved with, she's by far the most musically diverse and astute in regards to taste. Also has decent taste in flicks and real easy on the eyes. Not too shabby...

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    I once got a lift off a girl who, IN HER OWN ACCORD, had a tape of Herbie's "Thrust[/b]" in the car...
    ..and the air was never thicker with backseat romance.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I once got a lift off a girl who, IN HER OWN ACCORD, had a tape of Herbie's "Thrust[/b]" in the car...

Nice one. I was looking to make an Accord joke there, but couldn't come up with anything.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

dude i would kill for that era Accord.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    the dole/kemp sticker on that car wtf: