How is Harvey Canal a good poaster?

Comments

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    wow.

some of you dudes sound infatuated.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

cont.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    In harvey's defence, Guzzo IS always trying to take over my couch. couch domination? one cushion at a time? I've also noticed that he will never part with any ameros.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    In harvey's defence, Guzzo IS always trying to take over my couch. couch domination? one cushion at a time? I've also noticed that he will never part with any ameros.

I've started a lending agency in your back yard.

I mean MY backyard

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

I mean MY backyard

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    wow.

some of you dudes sound infatuated.

It's the love that hate made...

you get all of that cd I sent? I left it sending but my comp might have went to sleep some way through it.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

I mean MY backyard

Watch out he'll build a wall round your room so you can't get to the kitchen.
    Duderonomy

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    Selectively lobbing "anti-semitic" at Israel's critics = A SoulStrut Staple Since 2003

It's THE technique for deflecting often-legitimate criticism of the Israel government and military, just as for a few years there it was "un-American" to question anything that came out of the mouths of Bush, Cheney, etc.

I don't necessarily write that in defense of Harvey and whatever went down here, I'm blissfully unaware of all that... but as someone who once rec'd multiple death threats at my home address as a result of a one-paragraph, favorable review I wrote about a gentle, human-rights-oriented documentary about Palestinian children, I have some sensitivity to how itchy some folk's trigger fingers can get re: the anti-semite card.
    Duderonomy

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Selectively lobbing "anti-semitic" at Israel's critics = A SoulStrut Staple Since 2003

It's THE technique for deflecting often-legitimate criticism of the Israel government and military, just as for a few years there it was "un-American" to question anything that came out of the mouths of Bush, Cheney, etc.

I don't necessarily write that in defense of Harvey and whatever went down here, I'm blissfully unaware of all that... but as someone who once rec'd multiple death threats at my home address as a result of a one-paragraph, favorable review I wrote about a gentle, human-rights-oriented documentary about Palestinian children, I have some sensitivity to how itchy some folk's trigger fingers can get re: the anti-semite card.

TAKE YOUR HATE SPEECH OUTSIDE, ADOLF

• ADOLF

BAN!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    ADOLF

BAN!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

vv So good! vv

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

you get all of that cd I sent? I left it sending but my comp might have went to sleep some way through it.

I GOT THE ONE.

I need the others. Let's rap.

j

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, HC KNOWS WHERE NEW IBERIA IS AT!!!!
    WHICH IS MORE THAN I CAN SAY FOR THE REST OF Y'ALL.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, HC KNOWS WHERE NEW IBERIA IS AT!!!!

But does he know Fatty Rick??

• Selectively lobbing "anti-semitic" at Israel's critics = A SoulStrut Staple Since 2003

there's no doubt some folks have the tendency to abuse that.

but when a country the size of New Jersey, which is embroiled in a conflict that has claimed the lives of a fraction of a percent of the number killed in largely-ignored conflicts raging across the globe, but which nonetheless has entire movements, websites, political groups, magazines, editorials, TV specials, movies etc. devoted to criticizing it (and which also happens to be the one homeland of a global minority that has suffered horrific persecution since pretty much the beginning of recorded history)...well, you can forgive some Israel-supporters for occasionally jumping to conclusions.

fucked up about the death threats though; there's no excuse for that.

• Selectively lobbing "anti-semitic" at Israel's critics = A SoulStrut Staple Since 2003

and this is just BS in the context of this thread.

I will engage all day with a thoughtful, knowledgeable critic of Israel.

but when a dude starts talmbout "One World Agenda" and ADL domination of the media I'd say he's stepped beyond legitimate Israel criticism.

calling out Harvchaic for anti-Semitism is anything but "selective" -- and has very little to do with his criiticisms of Israel (to the extent that he can even formulate a coherent one).

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Before this gets any uglier, I want to say I have no problem with dude and his mindgarden's cornucopia of beliefs (even if I don't agree with most of them).

it's weird enough that we look alike, stop thinking like me

...I mean ...what he said

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    What exactly about what I was saying today in regards to the Holocaust/Zionism is "crazy" or even remotely untrue?

The House of Rothschild developed the plan for a Zionist Israel.

Most Jews relocated to Israel have no blood-ties to the region as they are instead descendants of Russian converts.

The Anti-Defamation League is an extension of Mossad

Harvey do you really believe any of that^^?

Does the anti-Semitic nature of conspiracy theroys bother you?

I don't agree with your assessment that every "conspiracy theory" is inherently anti-Semitic...at all.

Thank you for responding to my questions. I wish you had answered them. I never said every CT was anything. I was asking you about the nature of them, since most are. You send like Rock explaining how the KKK actually did lots of good things.

Israel is a big part of the One World agenda. But I don't have to touch anything close to a "conspiracy theory" to be against many of Israel's policies/actions.

I too am famously against many of Israel's policies/actions. So why you brought this up when it has nothing to do with anything I asked you I have no idea.

Sun Ra says that the Jews of the Bible were black...descendents of which make up most of the number of black Americans today. Do you consider Sun Ra to be anti-Semitic? And more importantly, do you pester the fuck out of every Sun Ra record you ever come across? Maybe you even insert used condoms into each Sun Ra record inner sleeve...I dunno.

Have I sent you used condoms? Why are you swearing at me and insulting me. I was defending you earlier in this thread and the only fight I ever remember having with you was over the first funk 45.

As to your point, not only Sun Ra but every Jew I have ever met is well aware of the fact that there are African Jews and that there were Black Jews in biblical days. I think his math might be off on the number of African Americans who are descendants of Jews. From Egypt to South Africa, African Jews have kept Judaism alive. In fact Operation Magic Carpet was the secret mission that transported virtually all of Yemenite Jewry to the newly established State of Israel in 1949. Israel has also worked to save Jews in other African countries. This is a totally non-controversial topic.

Seriously, I'm sick of this shit. I state extremely general observations that in many cases are commonly accepted as historical fact.

I am sorry you chose not answer a few points and instead attacked me. None of these things are extremely general observations that in many cases are commonly accepted as historical fact.

Is this what you believe:

The House of Rothschild developed the plan for a Zionist Israel.[This is a very specific statement, in no way a general observation.]

Most Jews relocated to Israel have no blood-ties to the region as they are instead descendants of Russian converts. [This is just not true in anyway.]

The Anti-Defamation League is an extension of Mossada. [The ADL is an American civil rights organisation, Mossada is the Israeli secret service. To say one is an extension of the other is not a general observation of commonly accepted historical fact. Except among anti-Semetic conspiracy theorists.]

So what say you to my question?

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

there's no doubt some folks have the tendency to abuse that.

but when a country the size of New Jersey, which is embroiled in a conflict that has claimed the lives of a fraction of a percent of the number killed in largely-ignored conflicts raging across the globe, but which nonetheless has entire movements, websites, political groups, magazines, editorials, TV specials, movies etc. devoted to criticizing it (and which also happens to be the one homeland of a global minority that has suffered horrific persecution since pretty much the beginning of recorded history)...well, you can forgive some Israel-supporters for occasionally jumping to conclusions.

fucked up about the death threats though; there's no excuse for that.

I do hear what you're saying, but here's a simple method to determine if anti-semitism is present in many, many instances:

a)criticism of policies of Israeli military or government and/or expressions of sympathy for the at-least-equally-suffering Palestinian populace = not anti-Semitic

b)hateful generalizations about Israeli people or Jewish people = anti-Semitic.

sure, many times a given writer/speaker doesn't neatly limit themselves to just category A or B. but when so many people get called out as anti-semitic when they DO limit themselves to reasonable, calmly expressed notions of category A, things are out of hand.

just as there are organized, hateful anti-semitic web sites, books, campaigns, etc, there also exist presumably unorganized but equally loathsome people/groups in the US who get their kicks spending their free time hatefully attempting to silence all criticism of Israeli gov/army. Ergo, the death threats I rec'd... the vibe of which was "because 'my people' have suffered, I cannot tolerate any mention of -- let alone questions about or criticism of -- situations in which some of 'my people' inflict suffering on others."

This is a sad form of entitlement I do not understand... what a better world it would be if anyone who has suffered emerged from that experience w/ an even deeper investment in the elimination of all human suffering, not just an end of suffering for themselves and/or for people of their race/culture/gender/creed.
    Duderonomy

I have quit posting in the Israeli threads, because I know I will be attacked as anti-Semetic for not being a Zionist.

Which is what makes HC's attack on me so random.

• FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, HC KNOWS WHERE NEW IBERIA IS AT!!!!

MY ANCESTORS FOUNDED THAT TOWN, YOU YANKEE MOTHERFUCKER!

(No, really. They did! Along with about 50 other families, but still....)

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

This is a sad form of entitlement I do not understand... what a better world it would be if anyone who has suffered emerged from that experience w/ an even deeper investment in the elimination of all human suffering, not just an end of suffering for themselves and/or for people of their race/culture/gender/creed.

This little paragraph about makes up for all the other crap the Board has seen today.

. You send like Rock explaining how the KKK actually did lots of good things.

Before someone gets the idea I'm pro-KKK......I was comparing the KKK to Palestinian terrorists as they both performed good deeds in their local communities which in turn causes the locals to turn their heads to the absolute evil they do in the name of their "cause".

Did you not understand or agree with that LW???
    Duderonomy

. You send like Rock explaining how the KKK actually did lots of good things.

Before someone gets the idea I'm pro-KKK......I was comparing the KKK to Palestinian terrorists as they both performed good deeds in their local communities which in turn causes the locals to turn their heads to the absolute evil they do in the name of their "cause".

Did you not understand or agree with that LW???

I did understand that. In fact that is why I mentioned it, because that is what it sounded like HC was saying, "CTs do good things and that's why I like them." I'm just waiting for him to acknowledge the evil. And waiting.

• I'm just waiting for him to acknowledge the evil.

these threads depress me.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Thank you for responding to my questions. I wish you had answered them. I never said every CT was anything.

So you didn't say the following?

Cons:
    1) Conspiracy Theories
    2) When you unwrap every conspiracy theory at the core is Jews secretly control the world.[/b] I have never known Harvey to disavow that "theory".
    3) The purpose of every conspiracy theory is to hide the evil corruption, greed, hate and hubris of the WASPs who do control the world.

Again, absolutely none of the "conspiracy theories" that I am interested in claim that "Jews secretly control the world".

That is just you unloading your own baggage onto others....in this case, me.

I was asking you about the nature of them, since most are. You send like Rock explaining how the KKK actually did lots of good things.

Not sure how you can equate "conspiracy theories" with the KKK. That is just absurd on about 18 different levels.

Have I sent you used condoms? Why are you swearing at me and insulting me. I was defending you earlier in this thread and the only fight I ever remember having with you was over the first funk 45.

The condom mention was a stab at Guzzo. And yes, you defend me on one hand and then persist to insinuate that just because I think the feds fired shots into the Branch Davidian complex or that flouride in our water supply is evil that I'm automatically anti-Semitic. Seriously, your apparent belief that anyone who believes any shred of what you deem to be a "conspiracy theory" is an anti-Semite is the most slippery slope toward such a conclusion that I've ever witnessed. Yet you don't think it's insulting to me for you to make that ridiculous claim practically on a monthly basis for years on end?

As to your point, not only Sun Ra but every Jew I have ever met is well aware of the fact that there are African Jews and that there were Black Jews in biblical days. I think his math might be off on the number of African Americans who are descendants of Jews. From Egypt to South Africa, African Jews have kept Judaism alive. In fact Operation Magic Carpet was the secret mission that transported virtually all of Yemenite Jewry to the newly established State of Israel in 1949. Israel has also worked to save Jews in other African countries. This is a totally non-controversial topic.

Too bad that Sun Ra doesn't think that what he describes as the uniform black population of Biblical Jews had roots in Africa. Sun Ra instead postulates that the Black Jews of the Bible originated as an Asiatic clan...and only wound up in Africa through a later migration.

Plus, I'm never sure if Judaism is treated by any given person as either a religion or a race. And at this point, it's hard for me to determine where you stand on that...which makes it kind of hard to follow your historical analysis.

I am sorry you chose not answer a few points and instead attacked me.

Attack is such an ugly word. But whatever I did, it was simultaneously aimed at you, Guzzo, and Rootless at the same time...the 3 people who are still pestering me on a regular basis about shit I said in a reactionary PM over 3 years ago.

None of these things are extremely general observations that in many cases are commonly accepted as historical fact.

That's why when I referenced the list, I said that some are commonly accepted as historical fact...like Prescott Bush getting busted for consorting with Nazis. But you sure did a good job of picking out the items that I already knew were controversial.

The House of Rothschild developed the plan for a Zionist Israel.[This is a very specific statement, in no way a general observation.]

Not sure how you're getting around that one. I'm not as up on the specifics as I was back then...but Rothschild handprints are all over the long-since-realized plans for an Israeli state.

Most Jews relocated to Israel have no blood-ties to the region as they are instead descendants of Russian converts. [This is just not true in anyway.]

Most Israeli Jews aren't even Semites. Again, this goes back to whether people accept Judaism as a religion or a race. You can't convert to a race. And when I say Russian converts, I'm talking about the region, as in the Caucasoid Mountains a long time ago, rather than Russia as we know it from recent history.

The Anti-Defamation League is an extension of Mossada. [The ADL is an American civil rights organisation, Mossada is the Israeli secret service. To say one is an extension of the other is not a general observation of commonly accepted historical fact. Except among anti-Semetic conspiracy theorists.]

Yes, I realize that this hints at a stereotype that in many cases is unfair and untrue. But I'm not saying Jews control the media. I'm saying that the Israeli secret service wields strong influence over the activities of the Anti-Defamation League...the same way that say the CIA wields strong influence over the ton ton macoutes in Haiti.

So what say you to my question?

I kinda lost track of what your primary question was...but I will say this:

Don't start none, won't be none.

I just have one question....since when is Sun Ra an authority on anything other than making music that sounds like it's from some bizarre parralell world?

• I just have one question....since when is Sun Ra an authority on anything other than making music ?