BREAKFAST

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
So breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. I was reading an article on how a balanced breakfast stimulates something like the frontal lobe of the brain or something (?), essentially fueling your focus, creativity, and endurance throughout the day.So what do you guys eat? What filling and healthy snacks do you recommend in between/after meals?

Comments

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Yogurt w/ walnuts

Toast w/ peanut butter

Oatmeat w/ honey/brownsugar

String cheese

Grapefruit juice w/100% egg whites.

Sunflower kernels

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Crumpets with sugar free jelly, coffee, banana. I miss the days when I could have pancakes or cereal.

• i am a breakfast fiend!

breakfast is the only meal where i will eat that fancy shit like with 4 forks. i love me some breakfast. im not a sweets person though so i usually opt for the savory joints. and yes, im on the turkey wagon which means turkey bacon and chicken sausage and shit like that which is still fine by me.

• So what do you guys eat?

My breakfast is usually potatoes, oatmeal, green beans, and tuna/protein shake.

What filling and healthy snacks do you recommend in between/after meals?

Granola bars, fresh fruits and vegetables, almonds, rice milk, sandwiches, salads, and shakes are all snacks that I have in between meals. Just remember, eat fruits and proper meals should be separated by at least an hour since fruits are digested differently.

• oh yeah, for reference, i made fried rice but ive switched over to the brown rice healthy shit. dont make the mistake that i did. it just isnt the same. day old calrose or nothing for my chahan.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I've been known to eat "unusual" breakfasts like chili or leftover pizza. For an energy boost, I just throw apple chops, carrot sticks and whatever else healthy into the blender with a little orange juice and down it Rocky Balboa style.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I'm feeling healthy in this thread already.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Today I had:
    -Glass of mango juice with a scoop of organic triple greens and a shot of multi vitamin.
    -Country Fried Potatoes
    -Vegetable Lasagna

• igboigbo 44 Posts
    Shot of wheatgrass, a banana, cup of coffee with soymilk, and a CIGARETTE

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    -Glass of mango juice with a scoop of organic triple greens and a shot of multi vitamin.
    -Country Fried Potatoes
    -Vegetable Lasagna

that's cool. that sounds like something nice to eat on a weekend morning. i ate like 30 brite crawlers yesterday and i felt like shit. i think i've had enough of that bullschitt.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

+

and/or

Breakfast of Champions

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    usually a banana, an apple and some yogurt sometimes with berries and granola.

got coffee maker for the holiday so i've been drinking a big cup of that too.

when i am in the mood, which is rare these days, i get the chicken fajita breakfast burrito made by the cute korean girls at the german sausage spot on the next block.

• During the summer I went on a fitness kick and lost 20 pounds and replaced it with muscle. My body fat percentage right now is about 12%, and it all started with breakfast. Been able to keep it off, too.

I eat Shredded Wheat N' Bran in the morning one day with some bananas and blueberries mixed in. Not terribly exciting, but the fiber and protein in the cereal keep you filled for most of the morning. The next I eat 2 hard boiled eggs and 1/2 a cup of Fiber One cereal. Also keeps you full and the protein gives you a good boost. Alternate between the two during the week, eat something more fun on weekends. Be careful the first couple of days, though. This much fiber will give you the shits. But fiber is really important for health and weight maintenance.

• depending on which part of town im in, pho for breakfast is really the tits!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    BREAKFAST ALL DAY

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    No matter what you eat in the morning, if the menu doesn't include bacon, then it ain't breakfast.

• BREAKFAST ALL DAY

i hold these types of places in high regards. imagine my excitement when jack in the box decided to do this. too bad jack in the box sucks.

today i had odwalla bar and i picked up a champurrado from the local lady on my way out. its cold out here. im wearing a jacket and the sun's still out. fuck winter!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    No matter what you eat in the morning, if the menu doesn't include bacon, then it ain't breakfast.

It's not always easy to get Amy Winehouse if you eat breakfast past 10 AM.

• couple cups of coffee before work, chef jay's protein bar and a diet snapple when i get there.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    bowl of cereal
    fruit
    maybe some toast
    nothing real sweet ,...it makes you hungry in an hour.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    -Country Fried Potatoes
    -Vegetable Lasagna

that's cool. that sounds like something nice to eat on a weekend morning. i ate like 30 brite crawlers yesterday and i felt like shit. i think i've had enough of that bullschitt.
    I got what you need: http://www.purityproducts.com/product1.asp?sku=465#details

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    coooold pizza

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    or toffee pancakes or le peep

• BREAKFAST BURRITO. No messin' around though. Cheese, potato, egg, green chili. You get your protein, your starch, your greens, and your dairy.

oh and of course, meat of the day, forgot about that. bacon, chorizo, sausage, etc.

• water or itoen green tea. first thing.

nonfat yogurt, tablespoon of wheat germ, blue or black berries.

or

kashi golean honey almond with skim milk

coffee with skim erry day..

on the weekends, spinach and mushroom omelette and a bloody mary.

• Monday to Friday>>

Bowl of cereal: either Kashi or Special K red berries w/ vanilla soymilk

Coffee w a dash of vanilla soymilk

12 grain toast w/peanut butter

Weekends>>

Coffee w a dash of vanilla soymilk

two eggs scrambled on 12 grain toast

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    if i got time and the drive to make it (which ain't often), i do an omelette with three eggs, half cup of egg whites, a little seasoned chicken/turkey, whatever veggies i have in the fridge that are easily diced and top it all with salsa. real filling but with my metabolism i'm hungry in a couple hours anyway.

but usually i'm in a hurry to get to class or work so monday-friday it's a big cup of coffee with a scoop or two of protein powder, oatmeal with peanut butter, raisins and some splenda. that oatmeal is reeeeeal good. got your protein, carbs and healthy fats in about 5 minutes.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Always brew a fresh pot of tea.

Lately organic no salt added peanut butter with unprocessed honey on whole grain very seedy bread.

Also, goat milk yogurt with fresh cut berries or papaya (about .5 pound of fruit), ezekiel sprtoued grain cereal, and crushed pecans and cashews. This is by far my favorite breakfast ever. Incredibly filling, and very easy on the digestive tract (or is it track?).

Also, egg white french toast made from whole grain bread with .5 pound of berries, and maple syrup.

When fresh fruit is not available, or affordable:

3 frozen flax seed waffles with two egg whites, maple syrup, and fruit compote. The fruit compote is easy because you just stick an immersion blender in a container with a bag of frozen berries and lemon juice. Voila! Fruit for three days of breakfast.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts

+

and/or

Breakfast of Champions
    ibuprohin is very bad for your liver, especialy if you have more than 3 drinks a day. I'm guessing w/ your b-fast of champs that you do...

I'm usually a "continental" kind of guy unless it's the weekend. I'll have youghurt or cerial or a baked good, fruit and nuts is good...leftovers...those instant shake things and yes 99% of the time and emergen c, but no Motrin! oh yeah and 1 cup of coffe lots of sugar lots of milk

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    6:30AM breakfast =
    +

crushed with milk b/w

2 X

Then when I get to work, 9:30 breakfast II (sometimes) = Bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes with a slice of brown toast and marmite.