Hey Hillary, Iron My Shirt (WTF Related)

1235»

Comments

• crocodile tears

---

"the show of emotion heard round the world"

barf

And what are the odds that the heckler in the first video was a Republican operative??

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    too bad Michigan officially fucked up the money & our primary doesn't matter(even if it is next week)

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Hadn't seen anyone post the video yet. Thought it might be helpful. The question she was asked was from a woman her age, asking about how she keeps herself together on the road. Clinton starts with a very staid response that builds to what you see. I for one don't think she was faking at all. Watch as she tries to regain her balance toward the end.

whats suspect is that she still sneaks in her talking points about being ready on day one, experience and all that.

Gimme a Frickin' break. The lady is running for president. I have watched 3 Obama campaign stops in the last few days. Dude hits all the same notes every time. That's his job right now. I think it's weird that people think Hillary doesn't really believe that she is the best qualified candidate.

Wait, THAT'S the video that has everyone up in arms??? I hadn't seen it before, but everyone in the media talking about crying, and all that happened was about a second of being slightly choked up. And this is making people question whether she is ready to be president? Wow.

I haven't decided between her and Obama yet (although I'm leaning towards Clinton), but this video sure doesn't sway me one way or the other.

that wasn't a display of emotion - it was an isolated moment of stress on a machine that has been operating on 'high' for weeks...

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Also, do the dems on this board who continually bash Hillary think that Bill was a bad president? Give me a break. 4 more years of the Clintons is a bad thing? wow.

I thought Clinton was a very good president, bordering on excellent. However, the fruits of his presidency???sustained economic growth coupled with stabilized and strengthened foreign relationships???are more than I think we can realistically expect from any of the candidates in this election. I think our international position both economically and militarily is significantly more dire than in 1992, and we need a leader who has the duende of an early Bill Clinton to effectively reposition us in relation to the rest of the world.

I won't be complaining if Hilary wins, I just think Obama is better suited for that role.

I will complain, because I think that Hillary is serious phoney baloney. That said, if she were to win the nom, I would vote for her over any Independent or Republican candidate.

I just can't stand the way she feels entitled to the job, and if getting beat up in the primaries a few times makes her a better candidate should she still win overall, all the better. But I hate the fact that the Party machinery had crowned her ass the nominee as far back as 2006, that shit makes me look for another option, and Obama is by far the best in the bunch overall. I fear that should Hillary win the nom, enough people HATE her that she would lose the Dems yet another presidential election.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I fear that should Hillary win the nom, enough people HATE her that she would lose the Dems yet another presidential election.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

I just can't stand the way she feels entitled to the job

Do you think she truly feels entitled? I don't think anyone can really question her work ethic. It could just be the image that her handlers, until recently, were encouraging her to project.

Despite the lack of enthusiasm in the key voting bloc that comprises SoulStrut, Hillary does project an aspirational image to some people, while coming across as calculated and bitchy to others. The same way some people view Obama as inspiring, while others view him as naive. As a marketer, I don't see how one can "package" the Clinton commodity any other way, though. Being a woman who has probably experienced a fair amount of discrimination doesn't negate the fact that she is also clearly a well-educated Washington insider. You may think she's "phoney baloney," but if she played any other character by downplaying her privilege or softening her delivery, it wouldn't ring true...And I'm sure her focus groups have already confirmed this.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

I just can't stand the way she feels entitled to the job

Do you think she truly feels entitled? I don't think anyone can really question her work ethic. It could just be the image that her handlers, until recently, were encouraging her to project.

Despite the lack of enthusiasm in the key voting bloc that comprises SoulStrut, Hillary does project an aspirational image to some people, while coming across as calculated and bitchy to others. The same way some people view Obama as inspiring, while others view him as naive. As a marketer, I don't see how one can "package" the Clinton commodity any other way, though. Being a woman who has probably experienced a fair amount of discrimination doesn't negate the fact that she is also clearly a well-educated Washington insider. You may think she's "phoney baloney," but if she played any other character by downplaying her privilege or softening her delivery, it wouldn't ring true...And I'm sure her focus groups have already confirmed this.

I do believe (key word, believe, I have no way of truly knowing how she percieves herself or her role) that she feels entitled to the job, wether that's because she feels she has earned it, or that she simply knows best is beside the point. It is a visceral gut feeling I have, not an intellectual decision. When I approach it strictly objectively, ultimately each of these candidates have their pros and cons, and like I said, I would vote for the nominee, and I believe objectively that each one has approximately the same potential for success or failure in the job. So I won't be suicidal if Hillary gets the nod, I just won't relish the idea that her presence threatens the Dems ability to win, because that is how I see it. Or if she did win, I would not relish having to hear her on TV every day for the next 4-8 years. I just don't like her. Can she do the job? I am sure she could, just as I am sure any of the others could as well, because it's far from a one-character situation. But I think it's the situation that the Republicans can't wait to run against.

I heard Obama interviewed on the radio this morning & he uttered the phrase/codeword 'special interests' - looks like he's going for Edwards voters

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Speaking of Marketers, "package" and focus groups, I always enjoy Bill Hicks perspective.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I heard Obama interviewed on the radio this morning & he uttered the phrase/codeword 'special interests' - looks like he's going for Edwards voters

As well he should...which begets the question, do you think Edwards is siphoning off more potential Clinton or Obama voters?

As well he should...which begets the question, do you think Edwards is siphoning off more potential Clinton or Obama voters?

Edwards & Obama are splitting the 'anyone but Clinton' vote

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

Edwards & Obama are splitting the 'anyone but Clinton' vote

Yeah, thats what the media keeps saying. I don't know how much of a factor that really is though. Although I'm kinda hoping Edwards will drop out because my gut feeling say a lot of his people will move towards obama.

I'm kinda hoping Edwards will drop out because my gut feeling say a lot of his people will move towards obama.

which is why obama is now talking about 'fighting special interests' - last week he was dogging edwards for being 'confrontational' & 'divisive' or some shit.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Not to take anything away from Hillary. Cause I have no doubt in my mind she would be able to do the job. But does Hillary get the support she has without Bill by her side?

On a side note. Obama can give a speech with the best of them. He seems like a lil mix of Bill, MLK & JFK. It's the one thing Hillary is lacking in IMO.

In any case. Who ever wins on the DEMs side. Do Clinton & Obama run on the same ticket? I doubt that would ever happen. But if it did, I doubt that even if Reagan came back from the grave crushing terrorists left, right & centre could Clinton & Obama be beat.

• On a side note. Obama can give a speech with the best of them. He seems like a lil mix of Bill, MLK & JFK. It's the one thing Hillary is lacking in IMO.

he's a good motivator but read the transcripts...he's preaching/giving an emotional motivational speech with no substance. "yes we can" "fired up" "ready to go" "change"....

jesse jackson jr, who is working for the obama campaign, was on msnbc a few minutes ago saying that hillary won because she cried, and the voters of south carolina (dems there are 50% african american) should ask why she didn't cry for Katrina.

gtfohtwtbs.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

On a side note. Obama can give a speech with the best of them. He seems like a lil mix of Bill, MLK & JFK. It's the one thing Hillary is lacking in IMO.

he's a good motivator but read the transcripts...he's preaching/giving an emotional motivational speech with no substance. "yes we can" "fired up" "ready to go" "change"....

jesse jackson jr, who is working for the obama campaign, was on msnbc a few minutes ago saying that hillary won because she cried, and the voters of south carolina (dems there are 50% african american) should ask why she didn't cry for Katrina.

gtfohtwtbs.

Other than working with rather than against other countries, giving tax breaks to the middle class, making health care affordable and ending our dependence on oil, not to mention getting a fresh start to the clusterfuck that his Washington politics and working with Democrats and Republicans, Obama has no message whatsoever.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

You might have a point. But do you see the audience reaction on those "emotional motivational speech with no substance"? I'd say it's working. Watch both Hillary & Obama's speeches from last night. It's almost painful to watch Hillary read hers speech out. It reminds me of an average speaker in COM class in college. Mind you, she was probably practicing a different speech all day, because everyone and their momma though things were going to go differently.

• Other than working with rather than against other countries, giving tax breaks to the middle class, making health care affordable and ending our dependence on oil, not to mention getting a fresh start to the clusterfuck that his Washington politics and working with Democrats and Republicans, Obama has no message whatsoever.

given your list, you can replace obama's name with any other candidate...yet this is what you think defines him?

btw, i'm not saying all he does is get up on stage and do "ready to go", "fired up" call and response. he's good.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Other than working with rather than against other countries, giving tax breaks to the middle class, making health care affordable and ending our dependence on oil, not to mention getting a fresh start to the clusterfuck that his Washington politics and working with Democrats and Republicans, Obama has no message whatsoever.

given your list, you can replace obama's name with any other candidate...yet this is what you think defines him?

btw, i'm not saying all he does is get up on stage and do "ready to go", "fired up" call and response. he's good.

True that. But there was a reason everyone left Iowa talking about "change." Heck Hilary has been "changing" for, what, 35 years? I like Obama because his is a fresh face, logical and reasonable.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I fear that should Hillary win the nom, enough people HATE her that she would lose the Dems yet another presidential election.

double

A SoulStrut first... I agree with Rockadelic.

I will be writing in Obama regardless of who gets the nomination.

[citation needed] %50 of Americans refuse to vote for Hillary under ANY circumstances. Definitely not nomination material...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I will be writing in Obama regardless of who gets the nomination.

If he gets nominated, it'll probably be easier just to check the box next to his name.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• Still, it's not something he's done on camera during a press conference.

Um, yes he has.

Back before this discussion devolved into a bunch of nonsense, with me at the center, this was my first point. Our president has cried in public a NUMBER of times. And, when he does it, people see it as a tough guy wearing his heart on his sleeve.
    Ah, okay. I wasn't aware. Carry on...