Hey Hillary, Iron My Shirt (WTF Related)

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    to attribute even part of her failure to the fact that she is some victim of sexism is funny

Really? You don't think there's people out there that won't vote for her simply because she's a woman? What utopian society do you live in?

• to attribute even part of her failure to the fact that she is some victim of sexism is funny.

she comes off as completely disingenuous and portrays an offensive sense of entitlement.

NOBODY REALLY likes her. not even Bill. hell, if he wouldn't have wiped his dick on that blue dress we wouldn't even be talking about Hillary for prez--AMONG OTHER THINGS[/b]--right now.

While I don't disagree with most of her flaws, 'NOBODY,' is an overstatement, and I think sexism has a LOT to do with why people don't like her. As an older someone put, 'she's too power hungry.' Like all the motherfuckers aren't? Giuliani? Romney?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I am not a Hillary supporter, but I think 99% of the hatt leveled at her has more to do with the fear of an ambitious woman, and 1% of actual policy positions.

So are you in the 99% or the 1%???

I would say the 1%...I spent a while following her, and I do think she would be an ok president. But, at a certain point, I decided Obama would make a better leader. I didn't decide against her rashly, though.

I DO think she is an intelligent, ambitious woman, and that is more frightening to much of America than a bloodthirsty, draft dodging Connecticut 'Cowboy.'

Don't you think, though, that there's a significant part of that 99% who want nothing to do with the Clinton/Bush dynasty in politics?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I am not a Hillary supporter, but I think 99% of the hatt leveled at her has more to do with the fear of an ambitious woman, and 1% of actual policy positions.

I would say the 1%...I spent a while following her, and I do think she would be an ok president. But, at a certain point, I decided Obama would make a better leader. I didn't decide against her rashly, though.

I DO think she is an intelligent, ambitious woman, and that is more frightening to much of America than a bloodthirsty, draft dodging Connecticut 'Cowboy.'

Don't you think, though, that there's a significant part of that 99% who want nothing to do with the Clinton/Bush dyanasty in politics?

Exactly.....pulling the sexism card when running against a black man in America is some next level comedy schitt.

• I am not a Hillary supporter, but I think 99% of the hatt leveled at her has more to do with the fear of an ambitious woman, and 1% of actual policy positions.

Don't you think, though, that there's a significant part of that 99% who want nothing to do with the Clinton/Bush dyanasty in politics?

Exactly.....pulling the sexism card when running against a black man in America is some next level comedy schitt.

I think you can evaluate Hillary and Sexism without invoking Obama and Racism, which is a different argument altogether.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I don't care that she is a woman. There are plenty of kick-ass women out there that get my respect. She just isn't one of them.

Even when she was "crying" she happened to "slip" in jabs at Obama:
    "But some of us are right and some of us are wrong. Some of us ready and some of us are not. Some of us know what we will do on day one, and some of us really haven't thought that through enough???"

good lord.

"I[/b]'m so other-oriented. You know I[/b]'m not good about talking about myself. I[/b] don't get up and think about how I[/b]'m going to present myself. I[/b] think about, 'What am I[/b] going to do today to actually make a difference in someone's life?'"

This is why people don't like her.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

"I[/b]'m so other-oriented. You know I[/b]'m not good about talking about myself. I[/b] don't get up and think about how I[/b]'m going to present myself. I[/b] think about, 'What am I[/b] going to do today to actually make a difference in someone's life?'"

This is why people don't like her.

is there a way to bold a "cosine"

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    the Clinton/Bush dynasty in politics?

Thank you.

Step back for a second and think about how silly and sad that is.

to attribute even part of her failure to the fact that she is some victim of sexism is funny

Really? You don't think there's people out there that won't vote for her simply because she's a woman? What utopian society do you live in?

Utopian! Ha ha.

Sure people have their sexist attitudes, but you owe it to yourself to really think about why she would be a bad president and give people more credit.

• the idea that people oppose Hillary because of some objection to a "Bush/Clinton dynasty" has no basis in reality. have you ever heard of an average, voting American that is not on TV or in print media evoke this reason for opposing Hillary? I haven't. Americans don't give a shit about some "dynasty." Many voters have little recollection of the reality of the Clinton years and an even foggier recollection of the Bush Sr. years. And the average voter sees Hillary as an alternative to Bush Jr. and the GOP, not as part of a larger "Bush/Clinton dynasty."

The "Bush/Clinton dynasty" thing has been concocted by those that first [/b] refuse to see the influence of sexism in the opposition to Hillary and only then [/b] set about looking for other reasons why people oppose her.

Other BS reasons that one is forced to consider once they have ruled out the first and main reason (sexism) are "ambition," "pushiness," etc. All traits that evoke ZERO opposition when exhbited by her male counterparts (and these traits area ALL exhibited by her male counterparts).

Sexism (however covert) tops the list of REAL reasons why people oppose her. If you polled people about the strength of their opposition to some perceived "Bush/Clinton dynasty" in choosing a candidate, I doubt that it would even rate as a factor among average voters.

the idea that people oppose Hillary because of some objection to a "Bush/Clinton dynasty" has no basis in reality. have you ever heard of an average, voting American that is not on TV or in print media evoke this reason for opposing Hillary? I haven't. Americans don't give a shit about some "dynasty." Many voters have little recollection of the reality of the Clinton years and an even foggier recollection of the Bush Sr. years. And the average voter sees Hillary as an alternative to Bush Jr. and the GOP, not as part of a larger "Bush/Clinton dynasty."

The "Bush/Clinton dynasty" thing has been concocted by those that first [/b] refuse to see the influence of sexism in the opposition to Hillary and only then [/b] set about looking for other reasons why people oppose her.

Other BS reasons that one is forced to consider once they have ruled out the first and main reason (sexism) are "ambition," "pushiness," etc. All traits that evoke ZERO opposition when exhbited by her male counterparts (and these traits area ALL exhibited by her male counterparts).

Sexism (however covert) tops the list of REAL reasons why people oppose her. If you polled people about the strength of their opposition to some perceived "Bush/Clinton dynasty" in choosing a candidate, I doubt that it would even rate as a factor among average voters.

How about simplifying it down to this....

People want change.

Billary is not change.

Sexism > Racism ?????

Hillary[/b] Clinton does not poll well with females.

EDIT LOL!!!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    tops the list of REAL reasons why people oppose her.

Disagree. It reads like a cop-out for people who can't seem to fathom why people don't like Hilary... so it MUST be sexism! Maybe for some people, I suppose, but the 'general' sexism excuse is a bit of a cop out if you ask me.

• Sexism > Racism ?????

We're not comparing the two, or talking about racism!!!!!!!!

Look, I can use six punctuation marks as well!!!!!!!!

This is such a bullshit line of thinking/argument!!!!!!!!!!

This is such a bullshit line of thinking/argument!!!!!!!!!!

Why, because you say so?

If the shoe was on the other foot people would be saying Obama is losing/disliked because of racism.....truth.

she just doesnt get it. She has serpent head and that fat-fuck Begala working her campaing. Get ready for some ugliness.

right on cue. from TPM:

At the same time, some top independent expenditure groups supporting Clinton have been exploring the creation of an anti-Obama "527 committee" that would take unlimited contributions from a few of Clinton's super-rich backers and from a handful of unions to finance television ads and direct mail designed to tarnish the Illinois Senator's image.

• tops the list of REAL reasons why people oppose her.

Disagree. It reads like a cop-out for people who can't seem to fathom why people don't like Hilary... so it MUST be sexism! Maybe for some people, I suppose, but the 'general' sexism excuse is a bit of a cop out if you ask me.

I think there is some truth in what you and Fatback are arguing, re: my overstating sexism. She can come across as very cold, agreed, and she has a ton of baggage from history with her husband, etc.

At the same time, I think that to say sexism is not a part of the hate that is leveled at her - 'Hey John McCain, how do we keep the bitch from winning,' etc. - is naive.

And, Fatback, while I would like to give people credit for making their own choices, I think those choices have been highly f-ing suspect in the last couple elections, so pardon my condescension to people's ability to think.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I think you can evaluate Hillary and Sexism without invoking Obama and Racism, which is a different argument altogether.

By that same token, I think you can evaluate my individual reasons for selecting my candidate of choice without invoking the supposed sexism of 99% of the population.

And since when do we capitalize sexism and racism?

• This is such a bullshit line of thinking/argument!!!!!!!!!!

Why, because you say so?

If the shoe was on the other foot people would be saying Obama is losing/disliked because of racism.....truth.

Dude, you bring this up, no is talking about, you accuse me of saying sexism is bigger than racism (please to find that) and suddenly I'm an asshole.

Are you Frickin' SHawn Hannity in disguise?

Whether or not this is 'TRUTH,' you discredit it by putting words in people's mouth, and making pronouncements that are totally nonsequiters to the subject at hand.

The number 8 is bigger than the number 4. TRUTH. DON'T TRY TO DISAGREE!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    so pardon my condescension to people's ability to think.

This is the problem, I think. You just can't lump everyone together like that.

By the way, I don't mean to pile on. I'ma hang up now and let the argument continue.

• I think you can evaluate Hillary and Sexism without invoking Obama and Racism, which is a different argument altogether.

By that same token, I think you can evaluate my individual reasons for selecting my candidate of choice without invoking the supposed sexism of 99% of the population.

I captitalize alot of shit I shouldn't- bullshit internet emphasis typing creeping into my life.

I said above, I overstated my percentages, and didn't give people enough credit. Again, sorry for internet exaggeration. Probably a first, I know...

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    while I would like to give people credit for making their own choices, I think those choices have been highly f-ing suspect in the last couple elections, so pardon my condescension to people's ability to think.

amen to that!

so pardon my condescension to people's ability to think.

maybe you should start questioning your own.

• so pardon my condescension to people's ability to think.

Fair enough, but I do accuse a vast majority of the american voting public of not thinking, and I'm standing by that.

Apparently, I should exempt soulstrut from that assumption. My apologies to the Strut voting massive.

I would like to give people credit for making their own choices, I think those choices have been highly f-ing suspect in the last couple elections, so pardon my condescension to people's ability to think.

I've been experimenting with being optimistic and positive about people. And while one could argue that I've lost my mind, I have to admit it's been a decent experience so far. Hell, I even just took slobberdobber off ignore.

• so pardon my condescension to people's ability to think.

Fair enough, but I do accuse a vast majority of the american voting public of not thinking, and I'm standing by that.

Apparently, I should exempt soulstrut from that assumption. My apologies to the Strut voting massive.

Don't apologize.

so pardon my condescension to people's ability to think like me [/b]

LOL

ha ha...i was thinking the same thing.

i guess when they are your Religion?

• so pardon my condescension to people's ability to think like me [/b]

LOL

Laughing at your own jokes on an internet forum is also a good chuckle.

Quick- give yourself your own nickname while you're at it.

so pardon my condescension to people's ability to think like me [/b]

LOL

Laughing at your own jokes on an internet forum is also a good chuckle.

Quick- give yourself your own nickname while you're at it.

Im sorry, I was laughing at you, I thought that was clear.