Hey Hillary, Iron My Shirt (WTF Related)

Comments

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

Regardless of whether Hillary is likeable or not,

THIS COUNTRY IS NOT READY FOR A FEMALE PRESIDENT.

• so pardon my condescension to people's ability to think like me [/b]

LOL

Laughing at your own jokes on an internet forum is also a good chuckle.

Quick- give yourself your own nickname while you're at it.

Im sorry, I was laughing at you, I thought that was clear.

But, see, when you add other words that aren't mine as the punchline, it is as if you have written the joke. Hence, you are laughing at your own joke.

This shit is serious...people are willing to even strike over things like those writing credits. I understand if you might have missed that news- I don't expect the labor movement is your biggest concern.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    the idea that people oppose Hillary because of some objection to a "Bush/Clinton dynasty" has no basis in reality.

...People don't want two families to have power over the country for a great amount of time. And it's mostly because there are built-in agendas that go along with that.

Between Hillary's quote this morning:

"You know, this is very personal for me. It's not just political.[/b] It's not just public. I see what's happening, and we have to reverse it.

And this:

Former President Bill Clinton said Monday that the first thing his wife Hillary will do when she reaches the White House is dispatch him and his predecessor, President George H.W. Bush, on an around-the-world mission to repair the damage done to America's reputation by the current president ??? Bush's son, George W. Bush.

"Well, the first thing she intends to do, because you can do this without passing a bill, the first thing she intends to do is to send me and former President Bush and a number of other people around the world to tell them that America is open for business and cooperation again," Clinton said in response to a question from a supporter about what his wife's "number one priority" would be as president. (read more)

* And apparently, Bush Sr. knew nothing of this idea.

It's pretty clear that there is a need for a president without baggage to lead the country.

You seriously think that goes over people's heads?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

This is such a bullshit line of thinking/argument!!!!!!!!!!

Why, because you say so?

If the shoe was on the other foot people would be saying Obama is losing/disliked because of racism.....truth.

Dude, you bring this up, no is talking about, you accuse me of saying sexism is bigger than racism (please to find that) and suddenly I'm an asshole.

Are you Frickin' SHawn Hannity in disguise?

Whether or not this is 'TRUTH,' you discredit it by putting words in people's mouth, and making pronouncements that are totally nonsequiters to the subject at hand.

The number 8 is bigger than the number 4. TRUTH. DON'T TRY TO DISAGREE!

First of all I didn't put a single damn word in your mouth.

Secondly, my post of "Sexism > Racism ???" is a question, hence the QUESTION marks.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    so pardon my condescension to people's ability to think like me [/b]

LOL

Laughing at your own jokes on an internet forum is also a good chuckle.

Quick- give yourself your own nickname while you're at it.

Im sorry, I was laughing at you, I thought that was clear.

But, see, when you add other words that aren't mine as the punchline, it is as if you have written the joke. Hence, you are laughing at your own joke.

This shit is serious...people are willing to even strike over things like those writing credits. I understand if you might have missed that news- I don't expect the labor movement is your biggest concern.

i was just trying to boil down into plain english that whole big bunch of bullshit that you wrapped your elitism up in. sorry.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    so pardon my condescension to people's ability to think.

This is the problem, I think. You just can't lump everyone together like that.

Fair enough, but I do accuse a vast majority of the american voting public of not thinking, and I'm standing by that.

Apparently, I should exempt soulstrut from that assumption. My apologies to the Strut voting massive.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    can someone step up with their support for Hillary as the nominee?

not because she is inevitable.

not because she can beat whoever the GOP nominee is.

...but because you agree with her positions and believe she would make good leader.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Sexism > Racism

I'm suspect of anyone who thinks that "99% of the people make the rest of us look bad"

That's not putting words in your mouth, it's interpreting the words that DID come out of your mouth.

(And of course I mean this in the nicest way possible)

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    so pardon my condescension to people's ability to think.

This is the problem, I think. You just can't lump everyone together like that.

Fair enough, but I do accuse a vast majority of the american voting public of not thinking, and I'm standing by that.

Apparently, I should exempt soulstrut from that assumption. My apologies to the Strut voting massive.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I hadn't seen that one before!

• Yes, Rock. I firmly believe that 99 out of 100 people are morons who are stupider than me. I will now retreat to my elitist liberal hideout, where I will continue plans to push my "Sexism is Worse Than Racism," agenda through subliminal messages in the liberal media.

All that 99/100 stuff was totally serious, and should NOT, repeat NOT be taken as exaggeration, and is a perfectly apt reason to assume that I think that Sexism>Racism, and that it is IMPOSSIBLE to even BRING UP sexism in a presidential race, if there should also happen to be a black man in the running (which, I believe I learned from you on the last page.)

This shit is serious...

VERY SERIOUS

I read this thread and see two issues/problems being discussed:

1) election 2008

2) sexism

These actually have a linear relationship. One will happen in November 2008 and the other will change over generations. How many generations? That could be dependent on the outcome of 1).

FOCUS

• I've become all clouded trying to figure out which is better, Sexism or Racism.

Eyes on the Prize, Gareth. Eyes on the PRIZE!

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    the idea that people oppose Hillary because of some objection to a "Bush/Clinton dynasty" has no basis in reality.

...People don't want two families to have power over the country for a great amount of time. And it's mostly because there are built-in agendas that go along with that.

To second this, I think there's a large amount of voters who are sick of the culture wars of the 90s and want to move past them. Electing Hillary would not be progressing. I feel this way, at any rate.

Yes, Rock. I firmly believe that 99 out of 100 people are morons who are stupider than me. I will now retreat to my elitist liberal hideout, where I will continue plans to push my "Sexism is Worse Than Racism," agenda through subliminal messages in the liberal media.

All that 99/100 stuff was totally serious, and should NOT, repeat NOT be taken as exaggeration, and is a perfectly apt reason to assume that I think that Sexism>Racism, and that it is IMPOSSIBLE to even BRING UP sexism in a presidential race, if there should also happen to be a black man in the running (which, I believe I learned from you on the last page.)

Who put these words in your mouth???

I am not a Hillary supporter, but I think 99% of the hatt leveled at her has more to do with the fear of an ambitious woman, and 1% of actual policy positions.

So are you in the 99% or the 1%???

I would say the 1%

Maybe this is why we need a sarcasm graemlin?

It was my ignorant Republican Aunt who pointed out that America is fine with a female holding high office. She cited Pelosi who is very high in the chain. My Aunt went on to say that Hillary comes off as the worst combination of Mitt Romney and John Kerry. Fake + Opportunistic.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I will now retreat to my elitist liberal hideout

Well, you are going home to Cambridge.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Hadn't seen anyone post the video yet. Thought it might be helpful. The question she was asked was from a woman her age, asking about how she keeps herself together on the road. Clinton starts with a very staid response that builds to what you see. I for one don't think she was faking at all. Watch as she tries to regain her balance toward the end.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I'd like to add that all this talk is making me feel pretty guilty for asking my wife to iron my shirt this morning.

I'm not sexist, its just that those wrinkles weren't gonna iron themselves.

• It was my ignorant Republican Aunt who pointed out that America is fine with a female holding high office. She cited Pelosi who is very high in the chain. My Aunt went on to say that Hillary comes off as the worst combination of Mitt Romney and John Kerry. Fake + Opportunistic.

I think this is where our feelings on the thinking of the general public differ; most of my discussions come about from my misogynist boss, or my Limbaugh listening father-in-law. Seriously, for the last few months, that has been where 99% ( ) of my political conversations have taken place, and it seems to have adversely colored my view of the voting public.

And while I recognize the air of elitist bullshit that came streaming out in my tirades, it is worth noting that these two are most definitely a representation of different voters, and they are the FIRST people in my life to bring up politics, so clearly it means something to them.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I'm suspect of anyone who thinks that "99% of the people make the rest of us look bad"

There you go again, putting quotes around something that nobody actually said.

Thanks for the input.

That "quote" is the punchline to a fairly well known joke.

I said he "thinks" this.....not "said" this.

RIF

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    sabadabada is awesome!

"sabadabada is awesome!"

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Hadn't seen anyone post the video yet. Thought it might be helpful. The question she was asked was from a woman her age, asking about how she keeps herself together on the road. Clinton starts with a very staid response that builds to what you see. I for one don't think she was faking at all. Watch as she tries to regain her balance toward the end.

whats suspect is that she still sneaks in her talking points about being ready on day one, experience and all that.

Oh, forgive me - where I thought you were putting
    words in his mouth, you were actually just putting
    thoughts in his mind.

You are ridiculous.

It just dawned on me......I KNOW you......you're the kid in my class that used to say "Teacher, you forgot to give us homework"

How's that for some quotes.

thoughts in his mind.

You are ridiculous.

Why is it that you're only contribution to most threads is being the "Rockadelic Police"??

Does it pay that well??

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I don't care that she is a woman. There are plenty of kick-ass women out there that get my respect. She just isn't one of them.

Even when she was "crying" she happened to "slip" in jabs at Obama:
    "But some of us are right and some of us are wrong. Some of us ready and some of us are not. Some of us know what we will do on day one, and some of us really haven't thought that through enough???"

good lord.

"I[/b]'m so other-oriented. You know I[/b]'m not good about talking about myself. I[/b] don't get up and think about how I[/b]'m going to present myself. I[/b] think about, 'What am I[/b] going to do today to actually make a difference in someone's life?'"

This is why people don't like her.

Word up to this statement.

thoughts in his mind.

You are ridiculous.

Why is it that you're only contribution to most threads is being the "Rockadelic Police"??

Does it pay that well??

Someone needs to call you out on your bullshit.

And Gareth is my friend, and I don't appreciate
    seeing him get piled on, with you leading the
    charge with your make-believe quotes and asinine
    assumptions about what he thinks or meant to say.