Hey Hillary, Iron My Shirt (WTF Related)

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'm suspect of anyone who thinks that "99% of the people make the rest of us look bad"

That's not putting words in your mouth, it's interpreting the words that DID come out of your mouth.

(And of course I mean this in the nicest way possible)

Soul On Ice....since you are so friggin anal retentive about what I post...did you bother reading the WHOLE post where I said I was NOT putting words in his mouth but interpreting what he said??

I am ridiculous.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    If you don't like it, you could always:

a) put me on "ignore"

b) stop posting

or

c) deal with it

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    my Limbaugh listening father-in-law.

He must love the gang of leftist hacks his daughter works with.

Produced in Boston, shared with the world.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    by the way, our friend Ron Paul is getting some well deserved press right now.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

I said he "thinks" this.....not "said" this.

Oh, forgive me - where I thought you were putting
    words in his mouth, you were actually just putting
    thoughts in his mind.

You are ridiculous.

Why is it that you're only contribution to most threads is being the "Rockadelic Police"??

Does it pay that well??

Someone needs to call you out on your bullshit.

And Gareth is my friend, and I don't appreciate
    seeing him get piled on, with you leading the
    charge with your make-believe quotes and asinine
    assumptions about what he thinks or meant to say.

I wouldn't say he is getting piled on. More of a kinda-gay greco-roman wrestling festival. with that bitchass fatback coaching the team. God I hate that guy.

I'm suspect of anyone who thinks that "99% of the people make the rest of us look bad"

That's not putting words in your mouth, it's interpreting the words that DID come out of your mouth.

Soul On Ice....since you are so friggin anal retentive about what I post...did you bother reading the WHOLE post where I said I was NOT putting words in his mouth but interpreting what he said??

I am ridiculous.

Yes, you are - because it is pure Rockadelic to
    say "not putting words in your mouth" and then
    put words in their mouth. You think you are slick,
    but you aren't. Your methods are transparent.

If you don't like it, you could always:

a) put me on "ignore"

b) stop posting

or

c) deal with it

And not give you the opportunity to rescue Soulstrut from my bullshit....NEVER

I am ridiculous.

Yes, you are - because it is pure Rockadelic to
    say "not putting words in your mouth" and then
    put words in their mouth. You think you are slick,
    but you aren't. Your methods are transparent.
    Comedy

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    p.s. I was kidding about hating fatback.

I was not kidding about asking my wife to iron my shirt.

• my Limbaugh listening father-in-law.

He must love the gang of leftist hacks his daughter works with.

Produced in Boston, shared with the world.

He's a pretty reasonable dude, I will say that. We get along well, and I respect he can think what he likes. And, he's a proud papa that his daughter works for, 'The Number 1 show on Antiques Roadshow!'

I'll say this, and while this may sound elitist, I've lived in both places, and I'll stand by this opinion- Northeastern conservativism is very different than Midwestern conservativism, and Northeastern makes a lot more sense to me.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Im not a fan of hillary either, but i think its kinda rediculous to say that sexism has nothing to do with the way she is percieved in the media.

I wouldnt vote for her because i could never endorse a candidate that voted for the war in iraq. Its just that simple.

KK.......for me all of this banter is good natured and entertaining. I feel that everyone(ok most) people here are adult enough to engage in political discussions without feeling personally attacked or "piled onto". At the end of the day we all have our opinions and that's a good thing.

If you feel I attacked you personally, I apologize.

• Ha, I think she is being herself. This morning I saw a clip of Obama's rally at a high school that looked and sounded like a rock concert, juxtaposed with the next shot of Hillary's gathering that looked and sounded like a damn funeral. She has a tired, ran-through message, no personality, and zero momentum right now. I don't think she can turn this around in time.

Please. Let's get over the fact that Obama is a better motivator. There is no doubt you can add that factor to his plus column. But she doesn't have a "tired, ran through message", its the opposite, she speaks on specific issues and Obama gives generalities that all end with the word "change". The Tony Robbins routine is working and he is motivating a ton of young people to go out and vote Democrat, which is phenomenal.

But...the Hillary bashing is so undeserved and based on stupid personality issues.

Lets get this straight - Hillary has worked her ass off to get where she is and she could run intellectual circles around every other candidate in this race, dem or republican.

Also, do the dems on this board who continually bash Hillary think that Bill was a bad president? Give me a break. 4 more years of the Clintons is a bad thing? wow.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    The Clinton years were a shitty time to be in the military.

Just not as shitty as the bush years....

Ha, I think she is being herself. This morning I saw a clip of Obama's rally at a high school that looked and sounded like a rock concert, juxtaposed with the next shot of Hillary's gathering that looked and sounded like a damn funeral. She has a tired, ran-through message, no personality, and zero momentum right now. I don't think she can turn this around in time.

Please. Let's get over the fact that Obama is a better motivator. There is no doubt you can add that factor to his plus column. But she doesn't have a "tired, ran through message", its the opposite, she speaks on specific issues and Obama gives generalities that all end with the word "change". The Tony Robbins routine is working and he is motivating a ton of young people to go out and vote Democrat, which is phenomenal.

But...the Hillary bashing is so undeserved and based on stupid personality issues.

Lets get this straight - Hillary has worked her ass off to get where she is and she could run intellectual circles around every other candidate in this race, dem or republican.

Also, do the dems on this board who continually bash Hillary think that Bill was a bad president? Give me a break. 4 more years of the Clintons is a bad thing? wow.

It's kind of ironic because the likeable personality/Tony Robbins routine that put Bill in the White House is the very issue that will keep Hillary out.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

Ha, I think she is being herself. This morning I saw a clip of Obama's rally at a high school that looked and sounded like a rock concert, juxtaposed with the next shot of Hillary's gathering that looked and sounded like a damn funeral. She has a tired, ran-through message, no personality, and zero momentum right now. I don't think she can turn this around in time.

a little kool-aid guy for KVH 'cause you really drank the kool-aid on the clintons.

• Also, do the dems on this board who continually bash Hillary think that Bill was a bad president? Give me a break. 4 more years of the Clintons is a bad thing? wow.

What did Clinton ever do to make you proud to be a liberal?

• a little kool-aid guy for KVH 'cause you really drank the kool-aid on the clintons.

you're a republican, you've got kool aid on intravenous.

a year ago the country would have voted to amendthe constitution to give bill another 8 years...now he's a part of the "bush/clinton era".

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    can someone step up with their support for Hillary as the nominee?

not because she is inevitable.

not because she can beat whoever the GOP nominee is.

...but because you agree with her positions and believe she would make good leader.

I do.

I mostly agree with Dennis Kucinich, but according to this not-so-scientific candidate picker, I agree with Hillary on more issues than Obama and Edwards (the results include issues where the candidate's position is unknown, and I've excluded Same Sex Marriage and the Patriot Act because I disagree with all three).

http://www.dehp.net/candidate/

Apparently I'm not in the minority for my demographic, either. Assuming Mike Bloomberg doesn't run as an Independent, I will probably vote for whoever the Democratic nominee is, though.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Assuming Mike Bloomberg doesn't run as an IndependentAl Gore doesn't show up as a surprise candidate, I will probably vote for whoever the Democratic nominee is, though.

• You have to admit, it's pretty fucked though - she knows that showing emotion will get her torpedoed, so for the last few years she fashions herself as this made-of-steel woman that is hawkish and won't break for shit. Then all of a sudden she starts getting criticized for being too distant and unemotional, and maybe combined with some shock at her current woes she breaks a little bit on TV - and bam! She's an overemotional woman who could never be fit to run this great nation.

Word - straight-up double standard. It's a wonder how any female politician simultaneously be respected and liked at the same time.
    Double standard would apply if there were male politicians running for president who wept on television and got a pass for it.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    Double standard would apply if there were male politicians running for president who wept on television and got a pass for it.

But it's okay once you're in office, right?

From Dead Certain: The Presidency of George W. Bush:

"I've got God's shoulder to cry on. And I cry a lot. I do a lot of crying in this job. I'll bet I've shed more tears than you can count, as president. I'll shed some tomorrow."

• Double standard would apply if there were male politicians running for president who wept on television and got a pass for it.

But it's okay once you're in office, right?

From Dead Certain: The Presidency of George W. Bush:

"I've got God's shoulder to cry on. And I cry a lot. I do a lot of crying in this job. I'll bet I've shed more tears than you can count, as president. I'll shed some tomorrow."
    Let's face it -- crying is not something that anyone would outright admit they don't do. We're all human, as is George W. Bush, despite evidence pointing to the contrary. Still, it's not something he's done on camera during a press conference. Sure, the fact that it was a female candidate who cried leaves her open to criticism from anyone sexist and/or anti-Hillary to say things like, "women are too emotional, blah blah blah", which of course is bullshit. BUT, the fact remains that it just isn't a good look for anyone running for president of the United States, male or female, to shed tears in front of a camera during a televised press conference. It's the type of thing that the media, and dare I say the average voter, would look upon as a weakness, as ridiculous as it sounds.

Still, it's not something he's done on camera during a press conference.

Um, yes he has.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Yet, she just won NH.

• Still, it's not something he's done on camera during a press conference.

Um, yes he has.

Back before this discussion devolved into a bunch of nonsense, with me at the center, this was my first point. Our president has cried in public a NUMBER of times. And, when he does it, people see it as a tough guy wearing his heart on his sleeve.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Hadn't seen anyone post the video yet. Thought it might be helpful. The question she was asked was from a woman her age, asking about how she keeps herself together on the road. Clinton starts with a very staid response that builds to what you see. I for one don't think she was faking at all. Watch as she tries to regain her balance toward the end.

whats suspect is that she still sneaks in her talking points about being ready on day one, experience and all that.

Gimme a Frickin' break. The lady is running for president. I have watched 3 Obama campaign stops in the last few days. Dude hits all the same notes every time. That's his job right now. I think it's weird that people think Hillary doesn't really believe that she is the best qualified candidate.

I'll say this, and while this may sound elitist, I've lived in both places, and I'll stand by this opinion- Northeastern conservativism is very different than Midwestern conservativism, and Northeastern makes a lot more sense to me.

Could you elaborate a bit on that? I'm only really familiar with the NE style. I can see how conservatism as a reactionary response makes more sense in the most highly taxed state in the country, though.

I thought Clinton was a very good president, bordering on excellent. However, the fruits of his presidency???sustained economic growth coupled with stabilized and strengthened foreign relationships???are more than I think we can realistically expect from any of the candidates in this election. I think our international position both economically and militarily is significantly more dire than in 1992, and we need a leader who has the duende of an early Bill Clinton to effectively reposition us in relation to the rest of the world.

I won't be complaining if Hilary wins, I just think Obama is better suited for that role.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    crocodile tears

---