The art, heat, and rael. Fuck the nerd hatters

123457»

Comments

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

oh ok. Love the saigon quote in your loc!

The extended loc length is clutch because it displays the comma that follows the word 'period'.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Of course. It's never gonna be all grown up, but I think that there is a significant change in style, and audience range that takes palce when samplers come into the game.

You'd would say its entirely the sampler? What about videos? What about Drug Money?
    What about Industry acceptance? To chalk the game up to Hip Hop after/before samplers is too simplistic to me.

Its funny that during the sampling heyday, turntablism became very pronounced.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

oh ok. Love the saigon quote in your loc!

The extended loc length is clutch because it displays the comma that follows the word 'period'.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    You'd would say its entirely the sampler? What about videos? What about Drug Money?
    What about Industry acceptance? To chalk the game up to Hip Hop after/before samplers is too simplistic to me.

Its funny that during the sampling heyday, turntablism became very pronounced.

Right, all that stuff contributes to change, but I think the effects of sampling are more deeply rooted. The music in videos is sample-based, or takes cues from the style of sample-based hip hop, drug money raps are spit over sampled beats, et cetera. In the end, you can't take any piece of the history of hip hop out and expect it to stay the same. I'm just particularly interested in how sampling plays into that.

• jesus, after reading this i want the last half hour of my life back...

dude played a beat live on a mpc and did it pretty well. however, it was just a bunch of drums sounds on different keypads tapped out to make a solid drum beat. so, in essence his sampler just became a drum machine and people have been tapping out beats on drum machines live since the invention of the drum machine. nothing new at all. nothing that pushes the boundries of music. big effing deal.

and this thread made it to 13 pages...

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

just seems fitting for this thread & ss in general...

That was really funny.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Super dramatic finish? Definitely very

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

dude, have you seen this guys other videos? You will be blazed.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Super dramatic finish? Definitely very