The art, heat, and rael. Fuck the nerd hatters

Comments

• solipsism

why you gotta SAT us to death professor?
    translation plaese

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Take away the visual aspect and what do u have?

Does it rock?

x-actlee

If it was Just Blaze or some other big producer doing this vid everyone wouldn't question its hip hop authenticity but because he looks like a hippie/rock dude he's supposed to be less credible?
    Beat sounds decent to me.Even though i prefer the "sweetcreaminit" vid more

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    solipsism

translation plaese

wankery

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    solipsism

translation plaese

wankery

Whats wrong with wankery?

Is using the word 'solipsism' solipsism?

And i agree with whoever said it: this shit is Steve Vai.

The use of the the graemlin, in this context, would also be considered solipsistic.

Or wankerish.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Take away the visual aspect and what do u have?

Does it rock?

x-actlee

If it was Just Blaze or some other big producer doing this vid everyone wouldn't question its hip hop authenticity but because he looks like a hippie/rock dude he's supposed to be less credible?
    Beat sounds decent to me.Even though i prefer the "sweetcreaminit" vid more

"Race" my play a part in some people's judgement but the beat is mad pedestrian IMO.

• I don't think there's anything wrong with Jel's beats. And it is pretty dope what he does on the beat computer.

I think that the "shitting on real hip-hop" hyperbole is mad suspect

If Just Blaze was doing this on youtube I would really question whether he has enough to do with his time

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

The use of the the graemlin, in this context, would also be considered solipsistic.

Or wankerish.

bugger.

If Just Blaze was doing this on youtube I would really question whether he has enough to do with his time

Apparently you haven't seen the vids Just Blaze has on youtube via his myspace page
    He's a professor of the art of time wasting.
    Comedy sketches galore.

• Right - which contradicts your own point that if Just Blaze were doing this, we would all be going batty; Just Blaze is apparently doing all sorts of shit that I don't care about.

• Right - which contradicts your own point that if Just Blaze were doing this, we would all be going batty; Just Blaze is apparently doing all sorts of shit that I don't care about.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Quietly shitting on the world of "real hip hop".
    Indeed.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Serious? You know of other people that rock a sampler like that?

LOL @ the mere usage of the phrase "rock a sampler"

Schitt is straight Yngwe Malmsteen

Wheelchair basketball

• Schitt is straight Yngwe Malmsteen

U NEED TO GET HOOKED ON VIKING PHONICS, SON.

Yngwie.

Schitt is straight Yngwe Malmsteen

U NEED TO GET HOOKED ON VIKING PHONICS, SON.

Yngwie.

^^^^^Just PMed the boy Kjensrud tawmbout "How do you spell 'Yngwie'--I'ma show up faux_rillz!"

I have your number rossdumbf**k!

• OG pressing, batch.

OG pressing, batch.

• I always liked how Yngwie included his middle initial in the band name
    so we wouldn't get him confused with all those other Yngwie Malmsteens out there.

compare 16 pads with 88 keys, and uhh......it don't look like all that much sweat.

On the real though, I cannot get this phrase out of my head now:

"Quietly shitting on the world of "real hip hop".

We may have to add this to the forum header rotation.

Am i getting this right is it supposed to be embarrassing to be a virtuoso?
    Someone should've told Flash and Jazzy Jeff to keep it straight forward.

Bunch of s

Bunch of s

There's nothing wrong with virtuosity assuming it's in the service of something greater than the sake of virtuosity.

And I could be wrong, but I doubt Flash was trying to show people how technically awesome he could be vs. how awesome he could rock a party. Real virtuosos just do the damn thing vs. pulling off some "look at me! look at me!" routine.

Bunch of s

There's nothing wrong with virtuosity assuming it's in the service of something greater than the sake of virtuosity.

And I could be wrong, but I doubt Flash was trying to show people how technically awesome he could be vs. how awesome he could rock a party. Real virtuosos just do the damn thing vs. pulling off some "look at me! look at me!" routine.

So you think Jel is doing a "look at me! look at me!" routine?
    I just thought he was showing how he plays his beat live rather
    than pushing play on a sequence.

• Am i getting this right is it supposed to be embarrassing to be a virtuoso?

Bunch of s

So you think Jel is doing a "look at me! look at me!" routine?
    I just thought he was showing how he plays his beat live rather
    than pushing play on a sequence.

Ok, lets say that he is... that doesn't mean that what he's producing amounts to anything worthy of particularly special attention, especially not this "shitting on real hip hop" hype...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    dude this shit isn't amazing. there are 39284932849239 kids across the country who have spent more time learning instruments. you practice, you get better. its a natural evolution of time + effort = ability. I'm sure lots of strutters could be that good at 'rocking a sampler' if they wanted to put the time and effort into it. i think what folks are pointing out is that there are a limited number of reasons to bother

• rookrook 357 Posts
    regardless, he sampled weather report so homeboy should . there is no "shitting" happening here

there are a limited number of reasons to bother

Where's that graemlin with the hammer hitting the nail?

I know as they say "mediocrity is the order of the day"

• You're right, while we are all concentrated on mediocrity like the new Freeway album, rare hip-hop 12"s, and Texas rap artists we should be clearly focused on the blurry camera that captures Jel's MPC practice.

You're right, while we are all concentrated on mediocrity like the new Freeway album, rare hip-hop 12"s, and Texas rap artists we should be clearly focused on the blurry camera that captures Jel's MPC practice.

You called it not me

• Fuckry.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Im gonna go ahead and say that im down for mpc fuckery and whatever, it just has to be really impressive. And this shit is not impressive. Cut up a break on an mpc. hit buttons. you are a superstar.

I mean, i dont really like scratch battles, but its WAYYYYYY harder to do a transform scratch than this shit.