SS Version 5.0 Shnap!

Comments

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    yo you need some backgroumd pattern... but the shit looks hot! colorful! fun!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    SO FRESH AND SO CLEAN CLEAN!!!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Are you ???

:f-u:

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

I gotta change my color scheme, though. I can't see ish.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Lookin' snazzy!

• good look. thanks for your hard work. it is appreciated. peace, stein. . .umm. i cant find the happy face icon?

• this is kick ass

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

• propers.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    The site and forums look fly, RAJ. Thanks for keeping this place on point. Nice work!

• great job Raj!

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    so clean so clean so clean! lovely.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

Me too - what worked better for you?

• NICE[/b]

*needed

Clapping hands graemlin

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Sorry. Right now "Soul Strut Steel" is the only approved and tested skin. I will get to the others eventually.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

Sorry. Right now "Soul Strut Steel" is the only approved and tested skin. I will get to the others eventually.

I'm in Soul Strut Steel -- the quote boxes are a little hard to see. But that's a very minor issue with which I can cope.

Thanks for building, updating, and maintaining this place.

Best,
    JRoot

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    wow soulstrut back up in here...it was one long weekend!

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Thanks for this Raj! Is it just me or is SS 10 times faster now?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Thanks for this Raj! Is it just me or is SS 10 times faster now?

• wow! This is great!
    I see many terd post icons being used in the near future

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Normally whenever soemone overhauls their website (gemm, ebay, etc0 it initially irritates me but I eventually get used to it. But with the new look SS it's all better straight away. I LOVE it, gir'frend!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Nice work RAJ. and are by far the best new additions.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Downtime? I'm a little nervous, but excited all the same. As long as I get to keep on banning alter egos, it's all good.

I always found it fascinating that Wu-baby has a good foot on Sayer.

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit this, but my first reaction to seeing this picture was "Hey, there I am!"

Maybe I need to sit this update out.

thats wht i thought too! Its funny how ive come to associate you with the wu baby. And faux with the lawyer from the wire.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Love it!!! Good job Raj!

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    It's all so different and unsettling. Cool though. But Raj, plaese to do something about the graemlin titles.

I am but you still need a

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    we still need a "use the search function" gremlin

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

needs some whiteout

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    HOOKED ON THA SPINACH!

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts

• Hi Soulstrut. Hi RAJ.

I'm de-lurking to say congratulations on the new look.

I have an observation and a suggestion - it seems that in looking at the list of posts that the "Real Talk" field is a bit bigger than it needs to be, which ends up pushing the "Last Post" field off the right edge of the screen, requiring the use of the scroll bar. I realize that there may be an advantage in having an extra-wide "Real Talk" field for long post titles, so that they won't wrap around to a second line, or get cut off. However, I think it would be more important and user-friendly to have the "Last Post" Soulstrutter I.D. visible without having to use the scroll bar. Right now "Last Post" gets cut off.

For example, in this particular thread, the last person to post was jaysus[/b] but all I could see on my screen was ja[/b] and so I got my hopes up thinking that it was james[/b] because you know how the boy always comes with the hott schitt, and on time. Nothing against the one jaysus[/b], it's just that I don't even know who that is right now, and if I come to Soulstrut prepared to expend a certain number of clicks, say 40 clicks, I don't want to waste clicks on false rasta, off-brand frap, discount james, or Rainbow Fashions.

However, there are some of the posters who have proven themselves to be bitch-made and honey-roasted, and I would do well to not have to even use a "click and a slide" mouse-motion in order to be warned that they were the "Last Post". I want to know, without having to spend any clicks, that a softbatch tainted the thread, and so it should be left alone, like a turd on the concrete, and should not even be looked at until it has been covered with camoflaging detrius, and has been allowed to air out in the weather for a few days until its stink has faded from signifigance.

Thank you for considering my observation and suggestion: make the "Real Talk" field a little bit smaller in order that "Last Post" fits on the screen.

Currently, the longest thread title on the front page is:

TSU Toronadoes & The twisted history of Tighten Up [/b]

and there is still a good inch-and-a-half of dead screen space in the rest of the field after the word "Up". Thank you.