SS Version 5.0 Shnap!

13»

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Hi Soulstrut. Hi RAJ.

I'm de-lurking to say congratulations on the new look.

I have an observation and a suggestion - it seems that in looking at the list of posts that the "Real Talk" field is a bit bigger than it needs to be, which ends up pushing the "Last Post" field off the right edge of the screen, requiring the use of the scroll bar. I realize that there may be an advantage in having an extra-wide "Real Talk" field for long post titles, so that they won't wrap around to a second line, or get cut off. However, I think it would be more important and user-friendly to have the "Last Post" Soulstrutter I.D. visible without having to use the scroll bar. Right now "Last Post" gets cut off.

For example, in this particular thread, the last person to post was jaysus[/b] but all I could see on my screen was ja[/b] and so I got my hopes up thinking that it was james[/b] because you know how the boy always comes with the hott schitt, and on time. Nothing against the one jaysus[/b], it's just that I don't even know who that is right now, and if I come to Soulstrut prepared to expend a certain number of clicks, say 40 clicks, I don't want to waste clicks on false rasta, off-brand frap, discount james, or Rainbow Fashions.

However, there are some of the posters who have proven themselves to be bitch-made and honey-roasted, and I would do well to not have to even use a "click and a slide" mouse-motion in order to be warned that they were the "Last Post". I want to know, without having to spend any clicks, that a softbatch tainted the thread, and so it should be left alone, like a turd on the concrete, and should not even be looked at until it has been covered with camoflaging detrius, and has been allowed to air out in the weather for a few days until its stink has faded from signifigance.

Thank you for considering my observation and suggestion: make the "Real Talk" field a little bit smaller in order that "Last Post" fits on the screen.

Currently, the longest thread title on the front page is:

TSU Toronadoes & The twisted history of Tighten Up [/b]

and there is still a good inch-and-a-half of dead screen space in the rest of the field after the word "Up". Thank you.

Are you using a 800 x 600 screen resolution? If heads are still rocking this (I know my boy Steve still does)... you're in for a scrollathon from Left to Right. I would reccommend bumping up the screen res... unless you like shit crazy big.

• You are correct, sir.

One bump up in the screen res now allows all fields to fit without having to L/R scroll.

However, I feel like this may require me to get some bi-focals glasses.

Thank you, I will see if I can get used to this.

It's not that I just like everything real big, I mean, after all, say it, don't spray it.

Well actually I kind of do like everything REAL BIG.

House real-BIG,
    Cars real-BIG,
    Dick real-BIG,
    Everything real-BIG...
    Rims real-BIG,
    Pockets real-BIG,
    Rings real-BIG,
    Let me tell u how i live...

• i bet all the alter-egos are glad that the IP address doesn't appear in the posts anymore

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Is anyone else noticing that scrolling on the new site is quite jerky.
    Not smooth at all. Both in Firefox and IE for me.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Is anyone else noticing that scrolling on the new site is quite jerky.
    Not smooth at all. Both in Firefox and IE for me.
    Looks like it's me. At work, it's ok