Is the era of club rap over?

Comments

• strange.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Speaking as someone from Hollywood, I'm only guessing

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Plus what is there to play?

Wow

is hurricane chris that good to you or something?

Is there really an over-abundance of Frickin' amazing club rap songs that i am missing? Cause shit sounds played out to me. And i aint even one of those dudes.

U sound white

Come on, thats the best you got? Answer the question! oooohhh..

I aint from hollywood. I do live there. And they did used to play rap here too.

Maybe its just your region or the "clubs" ur going to.

Anyways, shouldnt you nyc 5 elements ultramagnetic hip hop dudes be happy that the era where you've been forced to blatantly bite shit from atlanta (my home town) just to make a buck is mabye winding down a bit?

just a bit?

Anyways, shouldnt you nyc 5 elements ultramagnetic hip hop dudes be happy that the era where you've been forced to blatantly bite shit from atlanta (my home town) just to make a buck is mabye winding down a bit? just a bit?

Wow

Club Rap originates outside NYC..........WOW.

im sure thats part of it, all i mean is, 2 years ago those same spots were playing 12 lil jon songs in a row.

Anyways, shouldnt you nyc 5 elements ultramagnetic hip hop dudes be happy that the era where you've been forced to blatantly bite shit from atlanta (my home town) just to make a buck is mabye winding down a bit? just a bit?

Wow

OK OK OK..... hold on.... gimme 5 club rap songs from NYC from the past 3 years?

MIMS doesnt count.

Wow

OK OK OK..... hold on.... gimme 5 club rap songs from NYC from the past 3 years?

How many Jay-Z albums/Jay-Z appearences have there been in the last 3 years.

What point do u want to prove? NYC rap is dead, or Club rap in its entirety across the nation,globe, or your hood?

Ill give you Ballin though.

Wow

How many Jay-Z albums/Jay-Z appearences have there been in the last 3 years.

What point do u want to prove? NYC rap is dead, or Club rap in its entirety across the nation,globe, or your hood?

No, i was just saying that people arent really feeling the club rap like they used to.

As for jay-z? ummmmm...2 albums. But i dont think show me what you got was blowing up any clubs. Umm are they playing blue magic? i could see that kinda working.

I just dont think its really about the clubs anymore. that was my whole point. mabye that got lost, i dunno, but im having fun.

There's always gonna be the percentage of clubs that just play Alot ofpop rap cause it makes quick money, but would really prefer to not play it at all in order to keep certain clientele away. And I wouldnt judge the artform by these happenings.

I just dont think its really about the clubs anymore. that was my whole point. mabye that got lost, i dunno, but im having fun.

"Do U even party?"

There's always gonna be the percentage of clubs that just play Alot ofpop rap cause it makes quick money, but would really prefer to not play it at all in order to keep certain clientele away. And I wouldnt judge the artform by these happenings.

the artform of pop rap?

I wasnt trying to judge rap in general, thats all i really listen too, i was just making an assertion to club oriented rap music's diminishing mainstream appeal.

• I'd like to thank this thread for making me realize that I am NOT as disconnected as I thought I was.

I'd like to thank this thread for making me realize that I am NOT as disconnected as I thought I was.

no problem.

how so?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

"Do U even party?"
    i made it a hot line ...

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    I'd like to thank this thread for making me realize that I am NOT as disconnected as I thought I was.

Ziiiing....

I'm still waiting for someone to name 5 tracks BSides was asking for... ?

• Anyways, shouldnt you nyc 5 elements ultramagnetic hip hop dudes be happy that the era where you've been forced to blatantly bite shit from atlanta (my home town) just to make a buck is mabye winding down a bit? just a bit?

Wow

how about since the summer....

swizz beats - money in the bank, its me bitches

50 cent - i get money, ayo technology

jay-z - roc boys

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    get buck
    wipe me down
    i get money
    tattoo (tatted up)
    bottle poppin

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    recognize a playa
    hood figga
    make em mad
    we takin over
    can u work with that

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    ay bay bay
    everybody know me
    zoom
    my 6-4
    duffle bag boyz

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    PIMP LIKE ME

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    none of the shit im listing is even close to obscure here

• you are asking the message board that debated mims- this is why im hot and e40- u and dat.

• Plus what is there to play?

Wow

is hurricane chris that good to you or something?

Hand Clap is a club slayer. I ain't mad.

You're trying to discern whether or not rap is changing to where the club isn't the primary source of influence on popularity? Was it ever? It seems that the "club sound" usually has a bigger run during spring/summer months. A lot of people I know who buy rap albums like shit that sounds good in the car. That could be club shit or more laid back shit like UGK or more gangster shit like Jeezy, just as examples. I don't think club rap is going away at all. I also don't think it was ever the number 1 factor in popularity for rap.

+deej just listed a bunch of banging tracks that work in the clubs, most of which cam out in or were mostly hot during the spring/summer months.

• you are asking the message board that debated mims- this is why im hot and e40- u and dat.

2 super hot club bangers from last year. No debating necessarry.

• Speaking as someone from Hollywood, I'm only guessing

im sure thats part of it, all i mean is, 2 years ago those same spots were playing 12 lil jon songs in a row.

i blame shitty djs with shitty tastes in music and Microwave.