Is the era of club rap over?

13»

Comments

• i think you go to the wrong clubs

dude you go to clubs in hollywood

I guess i wasnt really talking about root down, or whatever "hip hop" events you frequent, im talking about capital mainstream wack ass clubs that used to be playing rap that arent now.

could be just hollywood i guess, but i dunno, i was just asking for peoples experiences

lulz. Fool, I dj bottle service type clubs often. Those are for the average person who wants to get loose and they like whatever is on-top....thus more top 40 etc. Those clubs wheren't hip hop clubs to begin with mayne.

try Zanzibar in Santa Monica on Saturdays, it's my boys night and they do it real proper on some club shit w/o the heavy mashup shit.

Root Down is the shit. A lot of the L.A. parties you think you are "too cool" for have fine as women and the music is dope (Firecracker, Do-Over, Soul Sessions etc...) so I think youre shit is a little skewed playboy.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Can I get a list of "Certified Organic Club Bangers ??" please?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Anyways, shouldnt you nyc 5 elements ultramagnetic hip hop dudes be happy that the era where you've been forced to blatantly bite shit from atlanta (my home town) just to make a buck is mabye winding down a bit? just a bit?

Wow

Club Rap originates outside NYC..........WOW.

OK OK OK..... hold on.... gimme 5 club rap songs from NYC from the past 3 years?

There's gotta be a gang of Dipset stuff. That might be older than 3 years old tho...schitt, time flies.

• Can I get a list of "Certified Organic Club Bangers ??" please?

TEMPTATIONS & SEAN PAUL BLENDS

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Soul Sessions

I'll be there this Friday chillin and enjoying the sounds...

• i think you go to the wrong clubs

dude you go to clubs in hollywood

I guess i wasnt really talking about root down, or whatever "hip hop" events you frequent, im talking about capital mainstream wack ass clubs that used to be playing rap that arent now.

could be just hollywood i guess, but i dunno, i was just asking for peoples experiences

lulz. Fool, I dj bottle service type clubs often. Those are for the average person who wants to get loose and they like whatever is on-top....thus more top 40 etc. Those clubs wheren't hip hop clubs to begin with mayne.

try Zanzibar in Santa Monica on Saturdays, it's my boys night and they do it real proper on some club shit w/o the heavy mashup shit.

Root Down is the shit. A lot of the L.A. parties you think you are "too cool" for have fine as women and the music is dope (Firecracker, Do-Over, Soul Sessions etc...) so I think youre shit is a little skewed playboy.

i think this is a little skewed. I think Bsides is referring to more the LeDoux, Hyde, etc., type of spots. these are "Hollywood".