WHO STILL SWITCHES PRICE TAGS ON RECORDS ??

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Has political correctness extended itself to the point of not being able to call a crook a crook???

Who said anything about "political correctness?"

This "liberal" boogeyman of yours is pretty prolific, huh?

Just because some people are admitting that they steal or
    pull shady shit with records, somehow in your mind it becomes
    their politics and involves others of these same imagined
    politics by proxy ... rock-a-logic at it's most refined?

Who said anything about Liberals???

Yeah, you really don't have an answer. I understand.

Amazing.....you want to make this thread about "Rock-A-Logic"??

Are you saying that "political correctness" is a Liberal phenomenom??

I'm not.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    check it, if theres somethin i want and it's 50 bucks, but i only have $30 on me, im gonna switch the tags so i can get that shit. and i dont understand how its stealing, you're still paying something for the merchandise. get like me!

again, here's a novel idea. If you don't have the money for it, just don't buy it!

The only time I think it might be OK to steal, is if you're trying to steal some food cuz you're poor as fuck, or some underwear or some shit. Stealing and switching price tags on material shit like Records,CD's,trendy clothes, cuz you "want" it, thats some petty shit right there. Get a life.

Major

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Not really, but I sure as hell don't see how a few morally devoid
    people claiming that stealing is OK is somehow in your eyes equated
    with "political correctness."

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    I've never switched the prices like that but some deales seriously deserve to get [email]f@#ked.[/email] I would just do it ou of being pissed off at a dealer. Anyways most time I find the shit I'm looking for cheap or get discounts from the store owners/clerks.
    PS: if you try to swith the prices I would probably recommend checking the inside of the record jacket cuz they usually write the price with a pen ...

• rogbrogb 172 Posts
    Dudes switching tags at the goodwill. WTF.

Seriously. The lamest shit I've heard in a while.

We are North America???s leading nonprofit provider of education, training, and career services for people with disadvantages, such as welfare dependency, homelessness, and lack of education or work experience, as well as those with physical, mental and emotional disabilities. Last year, local Goodwills collectively provided employment and training services to more than 930,775 individuals.

We believe that work has the power to transform lives by building self-confidence, independence, creativity, trust and friendships. Everyone deserves a chance to have these.

Goodwill provides that chance.

Goodwill Industries will enhance the quality and dignity of life for individuals, families, and communities on a global basis, through the power of work, by eliminating barriers to opportunity for people with special needs, and by facilitating empowerment, self-help, and service through dedicated, autonomous local organizations.

We at Goodwill Industries will be satisfied only when every person in the global community has the opportunity to achieve his/her fullest potential as an individual and to participate and contribute fully in all aspects of a productive life.

Respect - We treat all people with dignity and respect.

Stewardship - We honor our heritage by being socially, financially, and environmentally responsible.

Ethics - We strive to meet the highest ethical standards

Learning - We challenge each other to strive for excellence and to continually learn.

Innovation - We embrace continuous improvement, bold creativity and change.

"America, Land of the Free, Home of the Brave"

Not really, but I sure as hell don't see how a few morally devoid
    people claiming that stealing is OK is somehow in your eyes equated
    with "political correctness."

Don't know why I have to explain my posts to you....but if you look back you'll see my response was to someone who suggested that calling this "price tag switchin'" dude out was like throwing rocks from a glass house.

I have no problem calling him a crook and a low-life....do you??

I've never switched the prices like that but some deales seriously deserve to get [Email]f@#ked.[/Email] I would just do it ou of being pissed off at a dealer. Anyways most time I find the shit I'm looking for cheap or get discounts from the store owners/clerks.
    PS: if you try to swith the prices I would probably recommend checking the inside of the record jacket cuz they usually write the price with a pen ...

Would love to know why some dealers deserve to get fucked??

Unless they also steal and switch price tags??

• rogbrogb 172 Posts
    Gramps On Goodwill:

"I stopped shopping there when they started printing their logo on shopping bags"

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    check it, if theres somethin i want and it's 50 bucks, but i only have $30 on me, im gonna switch the tags so i can get that shit. and i dont understand how its stealing, you're still paying something for the merchandise. get like me!

again, here's a novel idea. If you don't have the money for it, just don't buy it!

The only time I think it might be OK to steal, is if you're trying to steal some food cuz you're poor as fuck, or some underwear or some shit. Stealing and switching price tags on material shit like Records,CD's,trendy clothes, cuz you "want" it, thats some petty shit right there. Get a life.
    why? you only live once man. if theres something i want, why shouldnt i be able to have it? really, tell me...

why? you only live once man. if theres something i want, why shouldnt i be able to have it? really, tell me...

The Mack: Defining An Entire Generation

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

How about because IT'S NOT YOURS.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

Oh dear.

it's not the store employees shit either. im one person switching tags. you think thats gonna put a dent in the owner of macys pocket? noooooooo

• why? you only live once man. if theres something i want, why shouldnt i be able to have it? really, tell me...

Oh dear.

Indeed....

• check it, if theres somethin i want and it's 50 bucks, but i only have $30 on me, im gonna switch the tags so i can get that shit. and i dont understand how its stealing, you're still paying something for the merchandise. get like me!

If you held off and waited until you had enough money to make the purchase, you might, during this time, come to the realization that something like this is not a wise fashion choice:

If you held off and waited until you had enough money to make the purchase, you might, during this time, come to the realization that something like this is not a wise fashion choice:

yeah. that shit is wack. all over print has beeeen played out

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

it's not the store employees shit either. im one person switching tags. you think thats gonna put a dent in the owner of macys pocket? noooooooo

That store employee is tasked with selling merchandise, and to a large degree they are responsible for it. Whether it's a large store or a mom and pop shop, theft threatens their job security whether you want to accept that or not.

I re-iterate, IT'S NOT YOURS. Whose it is is of ZERO importance. IT AIN'T YOURS.

C'mon, Mack, you are brighter than this, stop playing young, dumb, and full of larceny. I ain't even buying that you do this on the regular.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

That store employee is tasked with selling merchandise, and to a large degree they are responsible for it. Whether it's a large store or a mom and pop shop, theft threatens their job security whether you want to accept that or not.

I re-iterate, IT'S NOT YOURS. Whose it is is of ZERO importance. IT AIN'T YOURS.

C'mon, Mack, you are brighter than this, stop playing young, dumb, and full of larceny. I ain't even buying that you do this on the regular.

I'd like to believe that is only trying to stir up trouble with his anusspeak. But really: I've seen some of the clothes he's been caught wearing in public, and suddenly I'm thinking that this is RealTalk from the Entitlement Generation.

Rock's not that far off with his wide-swinging hyperbole, people.

If a record dealer doesn"t let you check the condition of records or gives you shit for that, overpricing records, coming up with 15 different rules depending on the day of the week and his mood about listening to records (which is practically impossible anyways cuz the record player is stacked on some piles of shit next to the door).It's unbelievable the type of bullshit I've heard this guy tell customers to avoid them from listening to recordds.Those would happen to be some of the reasons...
    I'm guessing your a dealer ...

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

yeah, all those god damn "dealers" are the same, man. Get out there and put a hurt on "the man"!!!

If a record dealer doesn"t let you check the condition of records or gives you shit for that, overpricing records, coming up with 15 different rules depending on the day of the week and his mood about listening to records (which is practically impossible anyways cuz the record player is stacked on some piles of shit next to the door).It's unbelievable the type of bullshit I've heard this guy tell customers to avoid them from listening to recordds.Those would happen to be some of the reasons...

I'm a dealer.....and as a dealer I buy more records and deal with more record store owners than most people.....I have met an asshole here and there.....and once I figure out they are assholes I don't deal with them anymore....simple..... but the truth is I have been to very few stores and met very few dealers, who if they know you're a serious customer and are gonna spend $$$, will not treat you with respect and let you listen to or check the condition of any damn record he has.

Guys who dealers or store owners suspect might be switching price tags or slippin' 45's into LP covers probably don't get treated that way.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

I TOTALLY get where you're coming from - fuck ALL the dealers. I hate it when they don't call you up or text you IMMEDIATELY when they have the records that they KNOW you want. I mean, why aren't THEY coming to YOUR door? You're the consumer, after all. They know that you actually have to get out of bed, travel all the way to their store (burning up the expensive gas you paid for) and walk in their door - effort you'll never see a return on - and on top of that, you haven't done any of your homework and you're a goddamn skinflint that won't pony up for a portable turntable of his own. They KNOW this. So why WOUDLN'T they let you listen to a record you don't know you want yet and probably won't pay for?

And why shouldn't the dealer throw in a blow job and pedicure, while he's at it? Would that kill him?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I like the irony of The_Mack's comments combined with his "monumental" set sale (which has nothing on the set sales that Aleit and Maru put up unobtrusively).

Stop whining about record dealers, there are plenty of bad ones but there's a way to get on their good side, it just takes some tact. And you know what? If you don't like a dealer, then go and spend your money elsewhere from someone who isn't a tool.

I shudder to think that the attitude of defines my generation.

I TOTALLY get where you're coming from - fuck ALL the dealers. I hate it when they don't call you up or text you IMMEDIATELY when they have the records that they KNOW you want. I mean, why aren't THEY coming to YOUR door? You're the consumer, after all. They know that you actually have to get out of bed, travel all the way to their store (burning up the expensive gas you paid for) and walk in their door - effort you'll never see a return on - and on top of that, you haven't done any of your homework and you're a goddamn skinflint that won't pony up for a portable turntable of his own. They KNOW this. So why WOUDLN'T they let you listen to a record you don't know you want yet and probably won't pay for?

And why shouldn't the dealer throw in a blow job and pedicure, while he's at it? Would that kill him?
    You know what man, You're right! Hadn't seen it from that point of view. Obviously being a big shot soulstrutter that knows every record in the world you don"t need to listen to what your buying...Now if only we could all be like you ,then maybe we wouldn't even have to listen to the records we buy cuz we would already know what they sound like...

I'm a dealer.....and as a dealer I buy more records and deal with more record store owners than most people.....I have met an asshole here and there.....and once I figure out they are assholes I don't deal with them anymore....simple..... but the truth is I have been to very few stores and met very few dealers, who if they know you're a serious customer and are gonna spend $$$, will not treat you with respect and let you listen to or check the condition of any damn record he has.

Guys who dealers or store owners suspect might be switching price tags or slippin' 45's into LP covers probably don't get treated that way.

For sure, I definitely agree with you on hat one. I know the type of cats you're referring to. That's actually the funnny thing cuz I know most record store clerks or owners arround my way and I do spend a reasonable amount of money on a reggular basis.As a matter of fact, they usually have pull out records from the back room for me to check or get me deals. But there's always that one record dealer that has a bad attitude, and at the end of the day I get to choose if I'm gonna buy from him. In my case I choose not to ,and also tell everyone to avoid his store.In the long run he"ll be closing his store in a couple of years cuz people just won't buy new releases from his store anymore since they can get them for less than half over the internet in the states and cuz he has no idea what he's doing. In fact it felt pretty good leaving his store wit a pile of beautifull 45's for a buck each that were easily worth 20 times that each( Sir joe quarterman , bobby bird, Irma franklin,etc...) and him not having a clue.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    In fact it felt pretty good leaving his store wit a pile of beautifull 45's for a buck each that were easily worth 20 times that each( Sir joe quarterman , bobby bird, Irma franklin,etc...) and him not having a clue.

pure comedy.

• In fact it felt pretty good leaving his store wit a pile of beautifull 45's for a buck each that were easily worth 20 times that each( Sir joe quarterman , bobby bird, Irma franklin,etc...) and him not having a clue.

pure comedy.

• sbonesbone 144 Posts
    remember that "most" record store owners jack the price 1000%%%%%
    so jack them fools kenny...
    yes and i have been a victim of greedy record store owners
    now im gonna go on a racking spree..

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

You know what man, You're right! Hadn't seen it from that point of view. Obviously being a big shot soulstrutter that knows every record in the world you don"t need to listen to what your buying...Now if only we could all be like you ,then maybe we wouldn't even have to listen to the records we buy cuz we would already know what they sound like...

Bud: I have a lot to learn, and I listen to plenty of records at stores - ask Meaty - but I do it at places where I respect the dealer and my listening is actually welcome. There are (a few) stores with perfectly good records that I will never go to again because of a lack of respect that I receive from the owner or the way he does his business. There are also stores that I go to that do not encourage listening - so I don't listen to the records and sometimes buy blind. But you know what? That's their prerogative as the owner of the store. That's life. I don't complain to anyone else about it. I just move on to other stores and other collections. Dealers, like people, can be dicks. Deal with it.

I just took your posts as some sort of rationale for record theft. Considering that you posted this:

some deales seriously deserve to get [email]f@#ked.[/email] I would just do it ou of being pissed off at a dealer

in a thread attempting to justify stealing records, you can see why some people would be pissed based on context alone. Some of my best friends make 100% of their living selling records, and I'll defend them and their profession.

Oh, and it's spelled B-Y-R-D. Good luck with your righteous anger.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    remember that "most" record store owners jack the price 1000%%%%%
    so jack them fools kenny...
    yes and i have been a victim of greedy record store owners
    now im gonna go on a racking spree..

So why do you go to those places? Why not just let thm die out?

Victim? Really? Tell us how you've been victimized by a record dealer.

Is this Little Dudes' Week, or something? It's like Bad Looks Central around here.