WHO STILL SWITCHES PRICE TAGS ON RECORDS ??

12346»

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    victimized by a record dealer.

I was victimized by a certain Los Angeles dealer. A while back, he sold me a Wizards record with a bunch of synth noodling. He said it was dope, but I still can't find any breaks on it. I want my money back.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I was victimized by a certain Los Angeles dealer. A while back, he sold me a Wizards record with a bunch of synth noodling. He said it was dope, but I still can't find any breaks on it. I want my money back.

YOU GOT YR ASS HELLA BRUNED IN PUBIC ON THAT ONE

INFLAMED BALLSAK MALARIA BRUNAGE, BRAH

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

The old broken 78 shard to the ribs, eh? I'll bet you had absolutely no choice in the matter. Truly a martyrdom of the highest calibre.

• Theres a hell of a lot of one post wonders, coming out the woodwork, to extol the virtues of thieving others stuff, specifically dealers.

I'd like to thing the vast majority of this was internet bravado, but I do wonder as the sense of entitlement some people seem to have nowadays is frightening.

With a large proportion of this board making their living from music in some way, shape or form, your potentially depriving yourselves of future deals as the record collecting world ain't that big and people just won't deal with you

I'd like to think with age, and experience people will realise that stealing stuff is you know....err wrong, and that stealing from charity is about as low as you can actually get.

Whether I hope you learn this lesson before or after a particularly surly dealer has taken you out the back of his shop and shown you the error of your ways I'm not really sure.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    You have to understand that the people that are condemning stealing are the same dudes that used to steal candy out the 7-11 or steal their friends toys while they were in the bathroom when they were younger. Its not a generation, its just a personality. People shoplifted in the 70s just as fast as the 90s. Just some people are punk motherfuckers with no ethics or morals and they most likely are getting repaid by karma ten fold already. I dont steal records cause thats just not me. a majority of my digging goes down at fleas and thrifts so to rob them is just a waste of my time. Ill spend the .50 or $1 on a record instead of "getting over".

now what do all you dudes think about graff artists racking paint? I dunno if this came up yet in this ridiculously drawn out thread, but this was/is a major foundation of the graffiti lifestyle, if im not mistaken. by result it may influence dudes to jack 45s in 101 string records in the hip hop vein.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    stealing is hiphop???

stealing is hiphop???

lets not even open that can of worms. Sampling alone will provide enough fodder to fuel this to the 20 page mark.

Im just saying from a Graffiti element, stealing paint isnt frowned upon but more of a right of passage. And if graffiti is considered an element of hip hop wouldnt these ethics carry over into djing/producing/crate digging?

can of worms

let's do this!!!

stealing records is probably like the 7th element

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    now what do all you dudes think about graff artists racking paint? I dunno if this came up yet in this ridiculously drawn out thread, but this was/is a major foundation of the graffiti lifestyle, if im not mistaken. by result it may influence dudes to jack 45s in 101 string records in the hip hop vein.

i was gonna bring this up till i realized how worthless this whole thread was...

i recall earlier when everybody was -ing about the switched price tags on records, somebody brought up switching price-tags on spray paint and somehow THAT was AWESOME!!!!!!! RIGHT ON DUDES

some people do shit, some people dont, honestly i dont think anybody who has NEVER stolen is any better than somebody who has, so what point is there debating it? neither side will ever win, and if you think you can stop this shit from happening, go stop the war and global warming while youre at it.

that said, i dont side with anybody at this point. side with yourself. i'll steal if i want to (although probably never records). if you steal it might come back to you. if you dont you might regret it. or maybe the opposite will happen! no real telling, just live your life and get over everybody elses.

switching tags is some weak shit

just be a man & steal outright.

"I rip and run!"

Just for the record, i dont steal them records, switch tags, boost 45s, run out of other djs gigs with lps in my pants, etc... i just want to see how the strut feels about graff racking.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

just one:

"most drawn-out, blown-up, worthless, endless thread yet"

IMG src=http://www.twingalaxies.com/images/generalinfo/linkPic_2006_8_19_56_GWR_2007_225.jpg>

some places REALLY deserve it

two guys ran into this lame record spot around the corner & rushed off with the "New Arrivals" & "G through H" bins.

I was laughing about that one for a week.

"there was $1500 worth of records in there!!!"

my ass there was.

You have to understand that the people that are condemning[/b] stealing are the same dudes that used to steal candy out the 7-11 or steal their friends toys while they were in the bathroom when they were younger. Its not a generation, its just a personality.

Do you mean "condoning?"

damn firefox spellcheck.

THANK YOU HALL MONITOR!

THANK YOU HALL MONITOR!

"JUST DOING MY JOB"[/b]

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    stealing is hiphop

• I have no problem admitting that I have switched price tags plenty of times, as well as boosting thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of Polo,Nautica,Hilfiger,kicks and about any other Frickin' clothing item in the mall,etc when I was a teenager(and yeah, I eventually got popped for getting WAY too brave..but not after a hell of a run). It was dumb, and I wouldnt do it now..but you couldnt tell me shit at that point. As long as had 'Lo in the closet and money in my pocket from selling gear..I didnt care.

I also racked paint like a Frickin' moron. What started as cans(and uni's,streaks,pilots,shoe polish,inks,prismacolors,blackbooks,etc) in pants/coats/etc, turned into making my own barcodes by peeling off the Wal Mart dollar paint and going to Kinkos to print out copies on sticker paper(Drez, I am sure you have done or seen this a million times, too). That then turned into just not giving a fuck at all and just filling up buggies with hundreds of cans at a time and just walking out of the store like it wasnt shit...which I quickly found out was by far the easiest way to rack(never was caught). I've can probably count the times I bought paint on one hand. Paying for paint wasnt something that I was about to do..that is what the rich kids did.

And..yeah, when I was younger..I helped myself to music, too. But I can say I never got into stealing records really. I know in the past i've taken a few extra 12"s here and there on some "20 records for $______" kinda deal at the flea market..but again..that was years ago.

I wasn't "that kid stealing my friends toys" when I was young or none of that shit. Never stole from friends or anyone I knew(or anyone ever really..just stores). I was young and dumb..and broke. I'm not proud of it..but it is what it is. Kids do dumb shit..especially when they are living a fast lifestyle fueled by peer pressure,drugs,sluts and other stupid shit.