WHO STILL SWITCHES PRICE TAGS ON RECORDS ??

kennykenny 1,024 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
when you're digging in a store?i do.fuck it, why not.

Comments

• :5pager:

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    shoplifters of the world, unite

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    :5pager:

Shit.....3 pages of that will be special invites from all the store owners here.

"You're that dude from SS that switches price tags, come right in".

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Shit, using a portable is already on the verge of a 5 pager.

This shit will probably hit 15.

Rick from Orpheus in Arlington VA would say that using a portable is, in fact, shoplifting.

I'm not kidding.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    hey kenny-do you jerk off on your morning breakfast cereal before you eat it?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    RECORD KARMA IS REAL.

Don't do it.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    when you're digging in a store?

i do.

fuck it, why not.

wow.

here's a question, what is more retarded: stealing in secret, or freely admitting you're a low-class creep who steals when no one has even asked you?

hmmmmm............

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Switching price tags is weak as hell. If you do it you are a dishonest thief essentially. I hope that first post was a joke, otherwise you just outed yourself as a toy.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Rick from Orpheus in Arlington VA would say that using a portable is, in fact, shoplifting.

I'm not kidding.

Really? I dunno whether to test this out or not attempt to test his barefoot gangster.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i admit one time(years ago) i switched a $7 tag off a bicyle at a thrift shop and put it on a fisher price portable that was untagged. they wouldnt sell the player if it was untagged, so...

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I can't f*cking believe you guys. How can you just assume that he is switching price tags to get records cheaper? You are all assholes.

i admit one time(years ago) i switched a $7 tag off a bicyle at a thrift shop and put it on a fisher price portable that was untagged. they wouldnt sell the player if it was untagged, so...

Special pass....free ride if it was a Big Bird.

I'm not kidding.

Really? I dunno whether to test this out or not attempt to test his barefoot gangster.

Let me know when you are gonna try it cuz I wanna come and see dude's head spin around all exorcist-style!

You might get as far as switching a black and purple sticker.....

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I can't f*cking believe you guys. How can you just assume that he is switching price tags to get records cheaper? You are all assholes.
    Implied b/w always assume the worst

Not switching tags, using a portable.

I'm so ashamed I may have to sleep with my Dennis Kucinich doll tonight!!

No, I know....I seriously think Rick would be less offended by switching the tags, and I am deadly serious.

I'm not kidding.

At your own risk.

He told me letting people listen to records before buying decreases sales. Considering what was said over in the portable thread, he may be correct.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

No, I know....I seriously think Rick would be less offended by switching the tags, and I am deadly serious.

Hahahahahahahah. I've spent a lotta money in his store the few times I've been. Perhaps I should try to play the preferred (yet infrequent) customer card.
    Switching tags is wack. The only thing I'd be tempted to do is to take a tag off his stuff and see if the price got better or worse.

I've spent a lotta money in his store the few times I've been.

That could mean you actually got some good stuff or just minted up your Born to Run.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

I'm so ashamed I may have to sleep with my Dennis Kucinich doll tonight!!

I'm happy to see that we are both taking this seriously.

I've spent a lotta money in his store the few times I've been.

That could mean you actually got some good stuff or just minted up your Born to Run.

I got some good stuff. Lots of good moder, Headless Heroes, some Latin shit.

• I did this with a CD once when i was 13 because i was a couple dollars short for the one i wanted
    and i got caught, i still feel weird about it

also
    who here likes to steal money from their moms purse to buy pot?

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts

Switching tags is wack.

why is it wack ?

its not like doing that in every Frickin' stores. if the shit is priced right i don't do that. and i DO find most of the people on here have this etiquette, they know the know, and they do things right, i respect this and i don't cross my lines.

but muthafuckas charge 50+ for a CTI and tells you its a rare record right in your eyes ? or switching a bashed to fuck copy from their back room and charge you the same price? c'mon, who's wacker? the price tag switch or the guy who's trying to rip people off ?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    In all honesty, i don't think I have EVER switched a price sticker, though i have seen people do it and get away with it. I probably would have tried it in my younger years if I had thought I'd get away with it.

I may have switched records in covers to get a better condition copy for a slightly lower price though - although I seriously can't remember an instance of having actually done this.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    who here likes to steal money from their moms purse to buy pot?
    and from my fathers wallet when i was a troubled teen.
    still feel like an ass for it. the worst was getting caught in the act on a saturday morning sneaking in their room.

• In all honesty, i don't think I have EVER switched a price sticker, though i have seen people do it and get away with it. I probably would have tried it in my younger years if I had thought I'd get away with it.

I may have switched records in covers to get a better condition copy for a slightly lower price though - although I seriously can't remember an instance of having actually done this.

Know a guy who used to switch the tags of walmart spray paint onto krylon to get krylon for like $1 each.

But me personally, nope. I got caught for stealing cigars when I was like 13 at rite aid. Ever since then, thievery is a 99.9% no go.

Switching tags is wack.

why is it wack ?

its not like doing that in every Frickin' stores. if the shit is priced right i don't do that. and i DO find most of the people on here have this etiquette, they know the know, and they do things right, i respect this and i don't cross my lines.

but muthafuckas charge 50+ for a CTI and tells you its a rare record right in your eyes ? or switching a bashed to fuck copy from their back room and charge you the same price? c'mon, who's wacker? the price tag switch or the guy who's trying to rip people off ?

why are you compelled to talk about it? It doesn't make you honest, it just makes you an asshole.