NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Almost average a Triple double?

Like I said man, you run KB in Adelman's system and he'll be dropping crazy numbers. Oscar Robertson-like numbers. Trust.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I really don't know what else a player can do.

20 game winning streak?

I FORGOT ABOUT YAO. The other half of the reason why the Rockets started this run in the first place. YAO MING?

and they were expected to fold after he got injured.

Seriously, its Macs overall play as well as the Team catchin on to Adelman's System at the right moment.

It's been 5 or 6 games since he got injured right? Try carrying a team on your back for 4 years. Give Bryant the award for that accomplishment alone.

I really don't know what else a player can do.

20 game winning streak?

I FORGOT ABOUT YAO. The other half of the reason why the Rockets started this run in the first place. YAO MING?

and they were expected to fold after he got injured.

Seriously, its Macs overall play as well as the Team catchin on to Adelman's System at the right moment.

Yao was looking .

It's been 5 or 6 games since he got injured right? Try carrying a team on your back for 4 years. Give Bryant the award for that accomplishment alone.

See now your Foamin at the mouf. Were talmbout THIS regular season.

And its been half of the streak that Yao has been out.

See now your Foamin at the mouf. Were talmbout THIS regular season.

And its been half of the streak that Yao has been out.

Trivialities aside. Only 20 games left, who wins MVP?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    the first stage is denial...

it's going to KG.
    deal.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

it's going to KG.
    deal.

I'll bet a raer it's not.

it's going to KG.
    deal.

I won't put up a rare for MVP, cuz everybody knows the shit is as subjective as Allstar balloting.

it's going to KG.
    deal.

Funny thing is, were you dudes even discussing KG before he went to Boston? I know I was.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

it's going to KG.
    deal.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    A friend of mine and I once followed up taking mesacline at Laguna Beach by having steaks at the Chart House in Newport Beach....and Rick Adelman was sitting at the next table.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

it's going to KG.
    deal.

Let's do it.....you set the parameters on value/genre

Right now I would put Chris Paul, Tim Duncan and Kobe ahead of KG...and Amare is right there statistic wise.

All four have higher EFF ratings than KG too.

Watch. Baron Davis will average 25, 12 and 5 steals in his last 20 games, and put the Warriors into the fourth spot in the West, and mawfuggas will start talking about B. Diddy is in the race for MVP!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

it's going to KG.
    deal.

Funny thing is, were you dudes even discussing KG before he went to Boston? I know I was.

LOL--as if he was some obscure player that only the true hoops cognoscenti were up on.

it's going to KG.
    deal.

LOL--as if he was some obscure player that only the true hoops cognoscenti were up on.

Not saying that, go back to the SS archives, do some research, you will see I included KG in the MVP race before all this hype in Boston. Too many fans don't do their homework.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

it's going to KG.
    deal.

Bite your tongue! The boy has telepathy!

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

it's going to KG.
    deal.

Let's do it.....you set the parameters on value/genre

Right now I would put Chris Paul, Tim Duncan and Kobe ahead of KG...and Amare is right there statistic wise.

All four have higher EFF ratings than KG too.

I was agreein' with you--KG will not get that hardware. He ain't in the top 10 in scoring, rebounds or assists...

it's going to KG.
    deal.

Not saying that, go back to the SS archives, do some research, you will see I included KG in the MVP race before all this hype in Boston. Too many fans don't do their homework.

Dude, KG has been one of the league's premier players for a decade, but the reason why nobody was joining you in your campaign to annoint him MVP was because his squad had missed the playoffs the past three years.

When, exactly, did you start paying attention to basketball?

it's going to KG.
    deal.

Dude, KG has been one of the league's premier players for a decade, but the reason why nobody was joining you in your campaign to annoint him MVP was because his squad had missed the playoffs the past three years.

Are we talking about playoff contention? Nash's ass would have never won MVPs back to back if we're talking about playoff contention.

Heysus....

You don't think ESPN would hype up a 20 game win streak? You don't think they would push Nash and James as the best thing since Peanut Butter and Jelly. All of that shit generates an image. A very good one. Hopefully one that generates viewership, money, and more money.

Just saying, watch the games and make conclusions. Don't let late-night highlights do the homework for you. Ofcourse, these are all unrealistic expectations, so i'll just shut up now.

So what's the flavor of the day?

it's going to KG.
    deal.

Are we talking about playoff contention? Nash's ass would have never won MVPs back to back if we're talking about playoff contention.

Heysus....

Huh?

No, we're talking about the regular season, which is what the MVP is based on.

I shouldn't have to explain why the fact that his squad didn't make the playoffs impacts consideration of him as an MVP to a Basketball Scientist. I mean, you do understand that your regular season record is what determines whether or not you get to the playoffs and that nobody whose team can't amass a sufficient record to get there is going to be taken seriously as an MVP candidate, don't you?

I understand all of that. Just saying, dudes are acting like what he's doing is something new, which it isn't.

So who's your choice?

I understand all of that. Just saying, dudes are acting like what he's doing is something new, which it isn't.

I don't think anyone is acting that way, actually. The only new thing--as everyone acknowledges--is that his supporting case has been upgraded.

So who's your choice?

Kobe, Lebron or Chris Paul--I'll wait til the season is over to settle on one of them.

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts
    Anyone watching tonight's Warriors vs Suns game?

Anyone catch Craig Seger's half time interview with Baron Davis? Funny stuff.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Anyone watching tonight's Warriors vs Suns game?

One of the best Suns games in a while. Proof that they can play small and big now. SUNS BABY, I BELIEVE.

Yeah, Baron was peepin Sager's wardrobe on the low during the convo. And then popped Sager's jacket when the interview was over.
    Sager was rockin a Bright Blue suit w/ a Carnation pink shirt and a Fucshia tie/hanky. Bright Pimpin'.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Yeah, Baron was peepin Sager's wardrobe on the low during the convo. And then popped Sager's jacket when the interview was over.
    Sager was rockin a Bright Blue suit w/ a Carnation pink shirt and a Fucshia tie/hanky. Bright Pimpin'.

YES - Check Baron eyes on the second question. Dude was takin notes.