NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Who gets Nene's minutes now that he's back in civilians.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Any of you basketball scientists care to take a stab at the mess that is the Chicago Bulls? Watching them has become unbareable and yet I cannot look away. Truly a deplorable situation, with the latest incident (just when you think it can't get any worse) being a locker-room scuffle between Ben Wallace and Jokim Noah, fresh of a player-implemented suspension (WTF?). Our leading scorer (Ben Gordon) can't dribble or really shoot at this point, neither can our starting point guard (Chris Duhon, who at one point missed 30 shots in a row). Our only two scoring options are Deng and Joe Smith, who seems destined for an injury as the Bulls are running his old ass ragged. Tyrus Thomas, my favorite player, has a permanent place in the doghouse for reasons unknown.

Suffice to say, I don't think Skiles was the problem.

• Who gets Nene's minutes now that he's back in civilians.

Martin/Najera/Camby all play extra minutes without Nene. You'll notice Camby gets a lot more time to rest when Nene is in and playing good. Without him, Camby usually plays 38-44 minutes or so, roughly. The samll lineup off the bench is usually Iverso nat point, JR at 2, Kleiza at SF, Najera at PF, Nene at Center, and without Nene they will use Martin. They don't have anybody else right now. I think Steven Hunter is active again, so we may see him coming in later in games with the injuries we currently have.

Nuggets aren't playing well right now, this injury shit is killing us, we need a consistent line up. Nene and Atkins are both out for a while, AGAIN. AI, Melo and Camby just6 can't do this shit on their own.

• Bulls are a fuckin' mess right now. I don't get it. The young guys are in trouble, the old guys can't play for shit, and there's no chemistry.

Maybe it's time for a big time overhaul. They can certainly barter with guys like Gordon, Deng, even Thomas. If these players can't get down together, it doesn't matter how good they are individually.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    The Bulls have good talent like the Lakers. They're just in too much of a hurry to get into winning form. Combine that with the Kobe fiasco and Luol Deng's absence, and you get a very demoralized and unfocused team.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

He was the problem. Unfortunately, the bulls front office didn't understand that hiring a micro-managing fascist of a coach to replace a micro-managing fascist of a coach wasn't really the most strategic move.

He was the problem. Unfortunately, the bulls front office didn't understand that hiring a micro-managing fascist of a coach to replace a micro-managing fascist of a coach wasn't really the most strategic move.

Micro-managing is probably right, but he's been relatively successful during the rebuilding process. wouldn't you say?

Yeah, I guess sounds about right, but if you're going to have a fascist running the team, it'd better be a good one; Boylan needs to pick up Mein Kampf: The Audiobook ASAP. Sure Skiles' time may have been up on the Bulls but they should have brought in someone else, not promoted Skiles' boy. It doesn't make sense.

It's seriously pathetic watching the team. At times, Smith is the only on the team who wants the ball. At this point, a trade must be done. No one is untouchable. Deng, obviously, is our best chip and if they do trade him, I'd be upset but how much worse can it get?

Yeah, I guess sounds about right, but if you're going to have a fascist running the team, it'd better be a good one; Boylan needs to pick up Mein Kampf: The Audiobook ASAP. Sure Skiles' time may have been up on the Bulls but they should have brought in someone else, not promoted Skiles' boy. It doesn't make sense.

It's seriously pathetic watching the team. At times, Smith is the only on the team who wants the ball. At this point, a trade must be done. No one is untouchable. Deng, obviously, is our best chip and if they do trade him, I'd be upset but how much worse can it get?

Philly, NYC is bad as it gets dude.

They both beat the Bulls this season, the Knicks did twice.

Boo-Hoo.

I am not looking for a wing to cry on, and far be it from me to compare the Bulls to an organization as well-run as the New York Knicks or the Andre Iguadola-led Sixers. I was simply curious if y'all had any theories as to what the Bulls might do to get back on track.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    OK, time to bring back a bit of a tradition from the end of last season, (semi)daily game picks, just for the kick of it.

Away teams appear on the left, home on the right.

PLACE YOUR BETS:

Wednesday, January 16 -[/b]

Golden State > Indy
    Chicago < Miami
    Sacramento > Toronto
    Orlando > Charlotte
    Portland > Boston
    New York > New Jersey
    Seattle < New Orleans
    Atlanta > Milwaukee

you could have the McHale/Taylor tandem running the operation. you could have a frat boy trust fund douchebag for an owner and a shitty coach with a knack for inserting his misogynist foot into his misogynist mouth and a point guard that does not understand that a "dime" and an "assist" are the same thing.

Really, it can get a lot worse than where the bulls are at right now. They'll make a couple moves and be back to normal by next season. It is too bad that they are pissing this one away though-- but the fault lies directly in Skiles' lap. He failed to examine his failures from the previous season and come up with a strategy to address his teams shortcomings. The players recognized that it was going to be another season of being set up to be let down, so they stopped trying.

OK, time to bring back a bit of a tradition from the end of last season, (semi)daily game picks, just for the kick of it.

Away teams appear on the left, home on the right.

PLACE YOUR BETS:

Golden State > Indy
    Chicago > Miami
    Sacramento < Toronto
    Orlando < Charlotte (we can all dream, can't we?)
    Portland < Boston
    New York > New Yersey
    Seattle < New Orleans
    Atlanta > Milwaukee

Golden State > Indy INDY
    Chicago < Miami Miami
    Sacramento > Toronto Toronto
    Orlando > Charlotte
    Portland > Boston Boston
    New York > New Jersey NJ
    Seattle < New Orleans
    Atlanta > Milwaukee

THE LAKERS HAVE THE BEST RECORD IN THE WEST RIGHT NOW (2PM PST)!

There won't be much to look forward to in the coming months, so i am enjoying this, if only for a day.

• Golden State > Indy INDY

• Orlando < Charlotte (we can all dream, can't we?)

Hey, the Cats have been running good teams this season, it's not entirely unlikely. They beat the C's, (damn near twice, really), they beat Denver just the other night. I'd say Denver and Orlando are teams in somewhat similar positions in terms of being on that level just below the elite teams. The Bobcats can beat the Magic.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Golden State > Indy
    Chicago > Miami
    Sacramento < Toronto
    Orlando < Charlotte (we can all dream, can't we?)
    Portland < Boston
    New York > New Jersey
    Seattle < New Orleans
    Atlanta > Milwaukee

Winner: JimBeam with 6/8

Golden State > Indy INDY

All you suckers that rif on the West Coast
    I'll dis and spray your ass like a roach
    Ya think you're cool wit your curls and your shades
    I'll roll thick and you'll be yelling raid[/b]

• Here's my all-star votes:

East:
    PG Chris Paul
    SG Dwayne Wade
    C Dwight Howard
    PF Chris Bosh
    SF Lebron James
    Resevers:
    SF Richard Jefferson
    SF Caron Butler
    SF Gerald Wallace
    SG Joe Johnson
    C Al Jefferson
    PF Kevin Garnett
    PG Chauncy Billups

West:
    PG Allen Iverson
    SG Kobe Bryant
    C Chris Kamen
    PF Carlos Boozer
    SF Carmelo Anthony
    Reserves:
    C Amare Stoudemire
    PG Baron Davis
    PG Deron Williams
    PF Dirk Nowitski
    C Yao Ming
    PG Steve Nash
    SF Kevin Durant

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    The Magic love to piss away a huge lead to teams they generally should beat in the third and fourth quarters. So far, this year's model looks pretty much like last year's, despite the addition of Lewis + Van Gundy.

Here's my all-star votes:

East:
    PG Chris Paul - New Orleans = SouthWest
    SG Dwayne Wade - U dont watch Basketball
    C Dwight Howard
    PF Chris Bosh
    SF Lebron James
    Resevers:
    SF Richard Jefferson
    SF Caron Butler
    SF Gerald Wallace
    SG Joe Johnson
    C Al Jefferson
    PF Kevin Garnett
    PG Chauncy Billups

West:
    PG Allen Iverson
    SG Kobe Bryant
    C Chris Kamen
    PF Carlos Boozer
    SF Carmelo Anthony
    Reserves:
    C Amare Stoudemire
    PG Baron Davis
    PG Deron Williams
    PF Dirk Nowitski
    C Yao Ming
    PG Steve Nash
    SF Kevin Durant - GTFOHWTB....Rookie/Sophomore Game.

East:
    PG Chris Paul
    SG Dwayne Wade
    C Dwight Howard
    PF Chris Bosh
    SF Lebron James
    Resevers:
    SF Richard Jefferson
    SF Caron Butler
    SF Gerald Wallace
    SG Joe Johnson
    C Al Jefferson
    PF Kevin Garnett
    PG Chauncy Billups

West:
    PG Allen Iverson
    SG Kobe Bryant
    C Chris Kamen
    PF Carlos Boozer
    SF Carmelo Anthony
    Reserves:
    C Amare Stoudemire
    PG Baron Davis
    PG Deron Williams
    PF Dirk Nowitski
    C Yao Ming
    PG Steve Nash
    SF Kevin Durant

Dwayne Wade?
    Kaman over Camby?
    Durant as an all star his rookie season?

To each his own, I'm just sayin'...

And Chris Paul is in the Western Conference.

• The Magic love to piss away a huge lead to teams they generally should beat in the third and fourth quarters. So far, this year's model looks pretty much like last year's, despite the addition of Lewis + Van Gundy.

Feed Howard down low and when all else fails, open fire from the perimeter. That's the only game I've seen them attempt this year so far. It can be successful, but they need some other options.

East:
    PG Chris Paul
    SG Dwayne Wade
    C Dwight Howard
    PF Chris Bosh
    SF Lebron James
    Resevers:
    SF Richard Jefferson
    SF Caron Butler
    SF Gerald Wallace
    SG Joe Johnson
    C Al Jefferson
    PF Kevin Garnett
    PG Chauncy Billups

West:
    PG Allen Iverson
    SG Kobe Bryant
    C Chris Kamen
    PF Carlos Boozer
    SF Carmelo Anthony
    Reserves:
    C Amare Stoudemire
    PG Baron Davis
    PG Deron Williams
    PF Dirk Nowitski
    C Yao Ming
    PG Steve Nash
    SF Kevin Durant

Dwayne Wade?
    Kaman over Camby?
    Durant as an all star his rookie season?

To each his own, I'm just sayin'...

And Chris Paul is in the Western Conference.

Damn, I keep thinking the Hornets are still in the east...The west has way too many PG's!!! Mo Williams or Jason Kidd?

Kaman 17ppg, 14rpg, 3bpg

I know Wade has been injured, but he's played well when he's been in there...Who else Michael Redd?

Needed a West swingman to make up for their overabundance of PG's and Centers.

know Wade has been injured, but he's played well when he's been in there...Who else Michael Redd?

There is no way the team w/ the worst record in the East should have an All-Star. Plus Wade isnt really playing that well. He's still isnt %100.

Redd > Wade

Kidd > Mo Williams

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    know Wade has been injured, but he's played well when he's been in there...Who else Michael Redd?

There is no way the team w/ the worst record in the East should have an All-Star. Plus Wade isnt really playing that well. He's still isnt %100.

Redd > Wade

Kidd > Mo Williams

Well, I don't think that view of what constitutes an All-Star is universally agreed upon; plenty of people just want to see the best players, regardless of their teams' records. In fact, there's an argument to be made in favor of it in that it's the one time you get to see players like Wade with teammates of commensurate talent instead of Shaq's bloated corpse and, uh, whoever else is left on Miami's roster.

Also:

12/28/07

48 points
    11 assists
    7 rebounds
    3 blocks
    3 steals

That was a little more than two weeks ago--dude is still definitely one of the best players in the league

Redd > Wade

Kidd > Mo Williams

Well, I don't think that view of what constitutes an All-Star is universally agreed upon; plenty of people just want to see the best players, regardless of their teams' records. In fact, there's an argument to be made in favor of it in that it's the one time you get to see players like Wade with teammates of commensurate talent instead of Shaq's bloated corpse and, uh, whoever else is left on Miami's roster.

Also:

12/28/07

48 points
    11 assists
    7 rebounds
    3 blocks
    3 steals

That was a little more than two weeks ago--dude is still definitely one of the best players in the league

I agree and I know its a popularity contest as well - BUT Dude missed the first month of the season.