HIPHOP HONOURS - CRITIQUE

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    And I also don't think Missy should have been honored.
    tired of this. she has enough classic (YES CLASSIC) material and is a big enough figure in the music to deserve these honors. she's sold more records than many of hte honorees and has made real quality hip-hop from day one.

Here's an argument that will make me real popular around here: she would deserve it more than Dilla (RIP)

So selling records means you should be honored? GTFOH

In that case. Next year make the whole show about Fuckin' DMX. I'm sayin' it because she has only been in the public eye for 10 years. In that case. Give Britney a lifetime achievement award next.

What did she do for hip hop? Besides sell records. Part of the point of having a hip hop honors show in the first place is to show respect to people who laid down foundations.

And I'm sorry. There are just to many people out there that deserve recognition over Missy.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    tired of this. she has enough classic (YES CLASSIC) material and is a big enough figure in the music to deserve these honors. she's sold more records than many of hte honorees and has made real quality hip-hop from day one.

Here's an argument that will make me real popular around here: she would deserve it more than Dilla (RIP)

without Timbaland there would be no missy, so really she should not have been honored. And again there are countless others that should have been honored before her.
    oh the without x there would be no y game
    yes surely everyone else honored stands alone and their impact stands on no one else's shoulders.
    sorry but if it was all timbaland then explain why missy's records are so unique in rap music? nothing else timbaland made sounds like those records and every account ive read indicates the two had a working relationship where they complimented each other's sound. missy is not the Frickin' group home u dork.

in case u didn't notice, the hip hop honors isn't on some chronological shit. countless others could have been honored before tribe, but werent. And Missy's impact, musically, culturally, whatever, was huge and deserves to be honored.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    And Missy's impact, musically, culturally, whatever, was huge and deserves to be honored.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Don't worry. Next year Shawnna is up...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    if a good album happens to be made by a ghostwriter, does it become a bad album?

Of course not, but I don't ever think Meet The Monkees is as dope as Abbey Road.
    but what does that have to do w/ who wrote what? you're making a gigantic fallacy assuming that ghostwriting is the reason meet the monkees sucks or whatever. it was written by SOMEBODY right??? So who cares what name is on the label???

isn't this shit like music appreciation 101? are u really worth arguing with?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    There are just to many people out there that deserve recognition THAT CAME BEFORE[/b] Missy.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

So selling records means you should be honored? GTFOH

In that case. Next year make the whole show about Fuckin' DMX. I'm sayin' it because she has only been in the public eye for 10 years. In that case. Give Britney a lifetime achievement award next.

What did she do for hip hop? Besides sell records. Part of the point of having a hip hop honors show in the first place is to show respect to people who laid down foundations.

And I'm sorry. There are just to many people out there that deserve recognition over Missy.
    i'm sorry but i don't think the point of this hip-hop honors show is solely to 'show respect to people who laid down foundations' - nor do i understand why you think this is the case.

What did she do for hip hop? Besides sell records.
    make some great ones???

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    There are just to many people out there that deserve recognition THAT CAME BEFORE[/b] Missy.
    in case u didn't notice, the hip hop honors isn't on some chronological shit. countless others could have been honored before tribe, but werent. And Missy's impact, musically, culturally, whatever, was huge and deserves to be honored.
    plz read thread before saying dumb things

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

without Timbaland there would be no missy, so really she should not have been honored. And again there are countless others that should have been honored before her.

yes surely everyone else honored stands alone and their impact stands on no one else's shoulders.
    sorry but if it was all timbaland then explain why missy's records are so unique in rap music? nothing else timbaland made sounds like those records and every account ive read indicates the two had a working relationship where they complimented each other's sound. missy is not the Frickin' group home u dork.

But the point is that EVERYONE can agree that certain artists should be honored in these awards, and it has nothing to do with chronology, but mroe about whether their contribution really deserves an honor, and again her contribution was what..

hit em with the heeeheee? seriously SHE has done nothing besides sell records with mediocre rapping,a dn if it weren' for the production of TIMBALAND then she would probably not even be a blip on the historical map of rap music. Again even if they ahve a good workign relationship, it was timbalands tracks that made those albums what they were, not Missy's groundbreaking raps or ideas, or concepts. Christ she can't even RAP.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Now why'd ya'll have to go and wind the boy up?

Crank dat deej.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

But the point is that EVERYONE can agree that certain artists should be honored in these awards, and it has nothing to do with chronology, but mroe about whether their contribution really deserves an honor, and again her contribution was what..

hit em with the heeeheee? seriously SHE has done nothing besides sell records with mediocre rapping,a dn if it weren' for the production of TIMBALAND then she would probably not even be a blip on the historical map of rap music. Again even if they ahve a good workign relationship, it was timbalands tracks that made those albums what they were, not Missy's groundbreaking raps or ideas, or concepts. Christ she can't even RAP.
    yeah, this is wrong
    u really are one of the worst posters here

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    LOL...WOMEN

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I dont doubt Missy's Greatness. I question that some of that stuff is Post-Hip Hop or outside of Hip Hop.
    Futuristic Urban Fusion. Then again, its within the New Jack Swing parameters.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

GUESS what, I read the thread and still said the dumb thing. Should they do 50 cent next time? he's had big impact culturally, musically, etc.

• Daz dillinger can sit at any hip hop honors just for the snare sound on ambitions of a ridah.

and Joeski love will be sitting next to him cause that snare is from "pee wee dance"

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    BOO HOO!!! VH1 PEE-PEE'D IN MY FRAPPUCCINO!!!

• but what does that have to do w/ who wrote what? you're making a gigantic fallacy assuming that ghostwriting is the reason meet the monkees sucks or whatever. it was written by SOMEBODY right??? So who cares what name is on the label???

first - I wasn't addressing you. Second - you make no claim why Puffy is so impressive outside you like the lyrics other people have written for him and the beats other people have made for him. Never once have you cited one reason why Puffy should be in a hip Hop honors situation outside the fact you "like the music."

I merely stated, to be a Hip Hop Honoree you should have something to do with it other than being the manniquin. If that notion is too much for you to grasp - cool. Maybe in your world Milli Vannilli should be regarded in the same reverence as Stevie Wonder, but not in mine.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

GUESS what, I read the thread and still said the dumb thing. Should they do 50 cent next time? he's had big impact culturally, musically, etc.

his career peak is maybe 3 years too recent

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

but what does that have to do w/ who wrote what? you're making a gigantic fallacy assuming that ghostwriting is the reason meet the monkees sucks or whatever. it was written by SOMEBODY right??? So who cares what name is on the label???

first - I wasn't addressing you. Second - you make no claim why Puffy is so impressive outside you like the lyrics other people have written for him and the beats other people have made for him. Never once have you cited one reason why Puffy should be in a hip Hop honors situation outside the fact you "like the music."

I merely stated, to be a Hip Hop Honoree you should have something to do with it other than being the manniquin. If that notion is too much for you to grasp - cool. Maybe in your world Milli Vannilli should be regarded in the same reverence as Stevie Wonder, but not in mine.
    dude yr being extremely disingenuous w/ that last statement! please try to misrepresent me even further ... except incorporate nazis somehow! deej thinks nazis are better than jorge ben!!!!

puffy is one of the most important figures in rap music. you don't just luck into exec producing mary j blige, notorious b.i.g., the huge stable of talented producers he wrangled, a #1 solo record after 20 years in the game by being a no-talent clown. "Ten years from now we'll still be on top" - and he is

• LOL...WOMEN

Deej 101 - If in doubt during an argument, create a false notion of sexism to enable you to mount your high horse and ride away into the distance.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

• dude yr being extremely disingenuous w/ that last statement! please try to misrepresent me even further ... except incorporate nazis somehow! deej thinks nazis are better than jorge ben!!!!

puffy is one of the most important figures in rap music. you don't just luck into exec producing mary j blige, notorious b.i.g., the huge stable of talented producers he wrangled, a #1 solo record after 20 years in the game by being a no-talent clown. "Ten years from now we'll still be on top" - and he is

Now it's clear you never read my initial comment and simply ride for Puffy. Never derided him for his contributions to the music - only said he shouldn't be a hip hop honoree as an EMCEE. And Ten years from now he'll still be on top??? If you count being American Idol-Lite and still holding shit down - cool.

• Why do people still try to argue with deej? He's mentally unfortunate.

only said he shouldn't be a hip hop honoree as an EMCEE.

And he wont. He'll go in as a Russel Simmons type who does have hits regardless his skill.

Why do people still try to argue with deej? He's mentally unfortunate.

Deej is Legend

• only said he shouldn't be a hip hop honoree as an EMCEE.

And he wont.

HUGE AND ALL I SAID IS THAT HE SHOULDN'T.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Why do people still try to argue with deej? He's mentally unfortunate.

because its fun!

• Why do people still try to argue with deej? He's mentally unfortunate.

because its fun!

Yeah I heard that. You know though, its getting hard to fuck with the physically unfortunate though... except for Harvey, I don't know why I keep going on with him, but some other folks I kinda just keep my mouf shut now. It just seems wrong. I think if I was all goofy looking and shit in the real world I'd probably take it out on the internets too. or something like that. I haven't seen a picture of Deej, but he is probably unfortunate looking as well. But until I have proof of that I think its ok to keep making fun of him.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Deej is Missy

Deej is Missy

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    new location