HIPHOP HONOURS - CRITIQUE

123457»

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    LOL...WOMEN

Deej 101 - If in doubt during an argument, create a false notion of sexism to enable you to mount your high horse and ride away into the distance.
    whoeveryouare 101 - any mentions of sexism can be dismissed as false sense of superiority

• LOL...WOMEN

Deej 101 - If in doubt during an argument, create a false notion of sexism to enable you to mount your high horse and ride away into the distance.
    whoeveryouare 101 - any mentions of sexism can be dismissed as false sense of superiority

Clutching at straws...
    What i find suspect from someone claiming sexism is that in this instance you don't seem to be able to seperate the person from their gender. Not being able to think past her sex and assuming an attack on her music is a wider attack on her gender is weak...

You did it with the Britney guy too, i disliked him because i found him very irritating, but apparently, because he's gay, and you seem to define people by their broader groupings it became a homophobic thing rather than an irritating person thing...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    LOL...WOMEN

Clutching at straws...
    What i find suspect from someone claiming sexism is that in this instance you don't seem to be able to seperate the person from their gender. Not being able to think past her sex and assuming an attack on her music is a wider attack on her gender is weak...

You did it with the Britney guy too, i disliked him because i found him very irritating, but apparently, because he's gay, and you seem to define people by their broader groupings it became a homophobic thing rather than an irritating person thing...
    1. im talking about sexism vis a vis missy's audience and the primacy given to music nerds vs. women as fans in the 'who is the realest rapper' sweepstakes

2. the dude was playing up gay + camp in the video, and i was responding to specific comments in the youtube + a PREDICTION that homophobia would result in a thread covering the dude considering soulstrut's not-so-proud history on teh gayz

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    a PREDICTION that homophobia would result in a thread covering the dude considering soulstrut's not-so-proud history on teh gayz

"... and so we must pre-emptively strike the gay-bashers,
    before they have a chance to use their hate to cause hurt feelings!"[/b]

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    GWB on point

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    The thing that doesn't sit well with me about this show. It felt decidedly post-hiphop. Something just doesn't feel right with Hip hop on Vh1. A channel notorious for supporting the worse music possible. The people who are doing this show have good intentions, but are decidedly disconnected. What is a hip hop honor, besides some self congratulatory bullshit.

I'm happy to say backing KRS-1 and Grand wizard Theodore was Knuckleheads crew. A crew from here in Vegas. None of you have any idea on how close I've been with these guys as dancers.

Hip hop has always been unbalanced and it's premise a b it ungenuine. Mainstream rapping has been increasingly disconnected from Graffiti and Dancing. Though Mainstream rapping is the only thing that gets the notoriety. I could continue on this, but really this award show exists, because other award shows don't care. So for that aspect I guess it's passable. It just to me feels Fake.

- spidey

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Mainstream rapping has been increasingly disconnected from Graffiti and Dancing.

WOW

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Mainstream rapping has been increasingly disconnected from Graffiti and Dancing.

WOW