HIPHOP HONOURS - CRITIQUE

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
WHODINI - YESMISSY - TIMBALAND SHOULD GOT THE DAMN AWARDSNOOP - IS STILL RELEVANTTRIBE - IM STILL WATCHIN, BUSTA WAS GOOD - FUCK LUPE & PHARELL

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    tRIBE NEEDED MORE THAN 2 1/2 SONG WTF

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

TRIBE - IM STILL WATCHIN, BUSTA WAS GOOD - FUCK LUPE & PHARELL

FIASCOGATE

YALL MOFOS IS WATHCIN ERRYONE LOVES RAYMOND OR SOMETHIN

• AdelfiAdelfi 92 Posts
    Did anyone else think that Phife was looking mad thin?

FUNKY DIABETIC?

Kool Moe Dee looked fat & Busy Bee was doin it!!!!

• AdelfiAdelfi 92 Posts

FUNKY DIABETIC?

Yeah, but he was looking Dilla frail

It's on again now. If you're awake, check it. Dude looks serioulsy ill.

FUNKY DIABETIC?

Yeah, but he was looking Dilla frail

It's on again now. If you're awake, check it. Dude looks serioulsy ill.

I totally agree. My ladyfriend was like "DAMN"

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

Wow. What a tool.

Kool Moe Dee/Busy Bee/Caz in one night....

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Wow. What a tool.

Someone want to sum that up for me?

Also, Cas Frickin' killed it.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

FUNKY DIABETIC?

That's Phife!

It's only been on for 30 min here.....

Missy tribute was good.

New Jack not so good yet.

T-Pain sucked. Is he always that bad live????

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

FUNKY DIABETIC?

That's Phife!

Fun factoid: Phife's mom is a righteous lesbian poetess. She's performed at our spot a couple of times (back when we used to bother trying to put on spoken word events in Wburg).

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    It's only been on for 30 min here.....

Missy tribute was good.

New Jack not so good yet.

T-Pain sucked. Is he always that bad live????

I'm sayin'. That New Jack Swing tribute was terrible. Teddy should have came out with Keith Sweat and done "I Want Her" and "Something Just Ain't Right" and then brought out the rest of Guy and done "Groove Me" and "Teddy's Jam." What the hell was he doing singing "No Diggity?" Wasn't that like a post New Jack track?

• They will never top this.

Wasn't that like a post New Jack track?

Xactly.

But still that was some ole REAL UPTOWN SHIT. I enjoyed the set.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Post deleted by shooterali

Whodini's performance was dope.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    [/img]

Is that Phife?

WHODINI BATCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

whew... somebody's OKP avatar...

[/img]

Is that Phife?

Yea, I bet Adelfi just misstyped earlier. He does look pretty bad. Diabeties really takes it's toll on your body so he might be going through a bad spell. Hope he snaps back!!!!

[/img]

Is that Phife?

On the real its not really that funny. dude has to be my age or a little bit younger and looks a little drawn. i hope dude has people checkin his body.

I remember meeting him during the El Segundo sessions.

• http://blog.vh1.com/2007-10-08/phife-dawg-fights-the-good-fight/

A Tribe Called Quest is being celebrated for their ingenuity and creativity tonight on Hip Hop Honors, but one of its members, Phife Dawg, gets extra respect for the courage he???s brought to his battle against diabetes. The ailment afflicts a big chunk of the African American population; reports tell us that 13 percent of blacks over the age of 20 suffer with the condition. Phife, one of the Tribe???s founding members, is fighting the condition with dialysis, and a recent switch in treatments has made him feel much better, one of the reasons he was able to participate in the Honors show.

???For the last 3 yrs I???ve been a dialysis patient,??? says Phife. ???The first two years I was on peritoneal dialysis, which caused me to gain a great deal of weight. For the last seven months I???ve switched over to hemodialysis, which has caused me to lose weight and has me feeling a whole lot better. Most people aren???t used to seeing me at this weight. Initially, I weighed too much for my size and height and now I???m where I need to be.???

As for his future outlook, Phife says: ???My best friend and manager, Rasta Root, volunteered to be tested as a potential kidney donor, and he passed the screening process. It???s great news for me! Hopefully that will happen sooner than later. It???s been a tough year, but things are looking great for me.

I am grateful that my group is receiving this honor, and would like to thank friends, family and fans for their prayers and well wishes.???

Hip Hop Honors CO-Executive Producer Fab 5 Freddy was thrilled that his friend???s current condition allowed for full participation. ???Working on this year???s show was a labor of love, our best ever, and Phife???s health was constantly on our minds as we re-worked shoots and interviews to accommodate his good days and bad days all the while hoping and praying that he???d have a good day on show day so the world could nod there heads once again to A Tribe Called Quest, one of hip hop???s most unique and creative groups. They were prime representatives of young black artistic intelligence throughout the 90s, a rare commodity in today???s hip-hop landscape. Phife had a great day at Hip Hop Honors and Tribe closed the show with a big bang.???

Here???s some information about fighting the disease. You can also call 1-800-DIABETES.

Skateboard P sounded like Chi Ali when he was rappin' "G Thang" LOL!

When Betty's ask for old school I play "Rap Machine" just to fuck with them.

Snoop tribute was nice. It's still dumb you can rap about drunk driving but get bleeped if you mention weed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When Betty's ask for old school I play "Rap Machine" just to fuck with them.

BTW did you notice KRS ONE's Hip Hop Honours medal from last year broke while he was rapping. Does this mean anything??????