Curb Your Enthusiam sucks

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    that shit was awful. think it's done for.

This is the one sensible thing you've said during your time on SoulStrut--I find that show absolutely unwatchable.

you sound american.

It's an American show.

• is it really? I thought that was a legit condition...

I have no idea. Sounds kind of made up, though. And why get a prescription when Jameson's is available over-the-counter?

No, that shit's real. I have it and it fucking sucks. I don't take drugs for it though, I just deal with it. I tried the drug once and the shit made me feel, well, like I was on drugs while going to sleep. I'm not into that. The condition does exist though, only people who would say it's bullshit are people who don't have it.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    this show is personality detector of sorts...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    The condition does exist though, only people who would say it's bullshit are people who don't have it.

I guess I don't have it. Have you tried self-medicating with Jameson's though? It's as close to a panacea as I've ever encountered. Get them legs drunk, son! Then we'll see who's restless.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    So what shows do you find funny? I'm curious.

• The condition does exist though, only people who would say it's bullshit are people who don't have it.

I guess I don't have it. Have you tried self-medicating with Jameson's though? It's as close to a panacea as I've ever encountered. Get them legs drunk, son! Then we'll see who's restless.

Alcohol can help because it helps your body relax, and that's essentially what the problem is, you can't relax the muscles in or near the joints in your legs (ankles and knees). So, yeah, alcohol works, I just don't like going to sleep drunk.

• The condition does exist though, only people who would say it's bullshit are people who don't have it.

...I just don't like going to sleep drunk.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Seinfeld
    Curb Youe Enthusiam
    Aqua Teen Force
    Cheers

I love white people.

• its been done for a few seasons now.
    it did the same thing that seinfeld did:
    turned their characters into caricatures,
    and made storylines implausible for laughs.

Serious, when I'm drunk, I try to stay up and drink water until I'm not so drunk before passing out. It's a good look, always.

Serious, when I'm drunk, I try to stay up and drink water until I'm not so drunk before passing out. It's a good look, always.

If you have the wherewithal to drink water before crashing out, you aren't really drunk.

• Me and the lady are big fans of CYE, but I have to admit... the formula is OLD and the scenarios become more and more predictable as the episodes play out. Seinfeld suffered from the exact same thing. After a while, it's just not funny or interesting anymore.

Besides, the chick who plays his wife has fallen off petty hard lately. This season, she's lookin more and more like>>>

The face looks as though it has been tightened .... and she's lost too much weight. Not as curvy as she was before...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    If you have the wherewithal to drink water before crashing out, you aren't really drunk.

hahaha!

• If you have the wherewithal to drink water before crashing out, you aren't really drunk.

Haha, I think the term for your definition of drunk is actually hammerred or wasted.

• Besides, the chick who plays his wife has fallen off petty hard lately.

right, 'cause she USED to be soo hot!

you guys are reaching. curb is great. yea, its predictable and formulaic, but i think thats part of the appeal. people like the familiarity.

• Damn, son. I think it's 'pret-ty, pret-ty, pret-ty good!'

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    no no no - this season so far sucks. the past has been genius - I should have worded that better. that's what I meant by I think it's done for.
    and Faux, shut up, you gay. I changed my quote from your's to Harvey's because he's the main star on here. stop trying to steal his thunder. QUICK - where's Harvey the Love Bug?!?!! Say something awesome!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Faux, shut up, you gay.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Curb is great. yea, its predictable and formulaic, but i think thats part of the appeal. people like the familiarity.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Seriously, how can anyone hate on this show?

I'm still curious as to what you haters consider to be a good comedy show. ANSWER ME DAMMIT!

'pret-ty, pret-ty, pret-ty good!'

I'm still curious as to what you haters consider to be a good comedy show. ANSWER ME DAMMIT!

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

• i thought the problem with last night's episode was that it focused too much on larry being a jerk throughout the entire episode, so that the supporting cast, save funkhauser who really makes me laugh, was mostly out of the picture. in other words, i think the show does best when it focuses less on larry and brings in the supporting characters/surprise cameos more, or at least achieves a better balance.

******JUST TO BE CLEAR HERE, I PUT THAT FRASIER AS A JOKE RESPONSE.
    I LOVE CURB.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Faux, shut up, you gay.

I have now been outed as a homosexual and an American, traits which both clearly disqualify me from commenting on American sitcoms.

• autoauto 198 Posts
    funkhauser was killin it in this episode. love that fools voice. "dont pick up the petals larry" i started laughin hard at that. and when he called larry his best friend and larry's like "hes not my best friend"

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Faux, shut up, you gay.

I have now been outed as a homosexual and an American, traits which both clearly disqualify me from commenting on American sitcoms.

Hey now???don't sell yourself short. I eagerly await your scholarly deconstruction of this American classic: