Curb Your Enthusiam sucks

Comments

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

i ride seriously hard for the US office, and nobodys brought it up but that show is fucking genius too.

ONE HOUR season premiere tomorrow!

• you dudes saying you wouldn't like the show as much if you're not jewish
    and throwing around 'self hating jew' claims need to check yourself... before you wreck yourself
    alright, i'm out

i wouldnt like the show as much if i wasnt jewish. he had an episode about scalping tickets for high holiday services. that was hilarious to me but wouldnt have been AS funny, or perhaps not funny at all if i wasn't jewish.

why is this so strange to you? rednecks laugh at "blue collar tv". black people think comicview is funny. and mexicans are probably more likely to think carlos mencia is funny, although that is questionable.

I appreciate Jewish humor despite not being Jewish. I'm sure at this point, Americans have gotten that Jewish humor tends to be (among other things) self-deprecating and neurotic. When done well, it's funny as hell. Example; ANY episode in the earlier seasons that featured Richard Lewis were ALWAYS laugh out loud funny. The new episodes just weren't that funny to me. There are some great characters on this show too. It's just becoming more formulaic and predictable lately.

• i ride seriously hard for the US office, and nobodys brought it up but that show is fucking genius too.

Now THAT'S a funny fucking show!!!

Me and the lady are stoked for the season premiere!!!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

i ride seriously hard for the US office

Me stoked for the season premiere!!!

and since were talking about funny shows:

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    and since were talking about funny shows:

Although I find this show slow at times, it has too many genius moments to ignore.

• extras was the best show on tv last year.

• The "Curb" finale was a hoot. That shit had me rolling.

Leon Black was the whole season.

"You got long balls. That's your new name: Long-Ball Larry"

"He got a mopey dick."

"I'ma fuck up Larry a little bit."

Great episode to close out another funny season.

Vivica slamming the door on Suzy was GOLD. "You are such a BALD ASSHOLE."

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    The "Curb" finale was a hoot. That shit had me rolling.

"He got a mopey dick."

The interactions between "L.D." and Leon this season were priceless.

• The interactions between "L.D." and Leon this season were priceless.

No doubt. I'd love to see a montage of all of them.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    One of CYE's biggest appeals to me is the unscripted dialog, and how you can tell when an actor is thrown off for a second by what the last person just said. Like if someone says something Larry finds funny he kinda repeats it a few times with a raised voice trying to think of a response. In my view, that really adds a different dimension to the comedy and does keep a show fresh even if the plot devices are sort of stale. I really can't stomach most other "comedies" on the air.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

Over all it was a fairly uneven season, but that was the best season finale I've seen in a long while.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts

"He got a mopey dick."

My gal and I rewinded that whole last part and watched it in tears laughing our asses off. The movie theatre scene, and holiday greeting card from "Larry and The Blacks" was too friggin funny.

Leon Black = best new character on the show

Everyone wants to be a critic. IMO the whole season was funny. Maybe the first episode or two were lukewarm, but shit got rolling and each episode got funnier than the last as the season went on. Some really funny shit this season as always.

• My gal and I rewinded that whole last part and watched it in tears laughing our asses off. The movie theatre scene, and holiday greeting card from "Larry and The Blacks" was too friggin funny.

Leon Black = best new character on the show

Everyone wants to be a critic. IMO the whole season was funny. Maybe the first episode or two were lukewarm, but shit got rolling and each episode got funnier than the last as the season went on. Some really funny shit this season as always.

Right there with you. That ending came out of nowhere to me and the movie theater shot was priceless (dude standing up in the aisle, wilin' out w/ his big bucket of popcorn). Sometimes you don't realize how good a season is until you've seen them all.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    The "Curb" finale was a hoot.

At the end I was like "GO Larry! Yeah dude"
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Co-sizzle on Leon Black too.

• maybe larry david set the bar too high with past seasons, but i thought (in comparison), this season was pre-tty, pre-tty, pre-tty bad.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    maybe larry david set the bar too high with past seasons, but i thought (in comparison), this season was pre-tty, pre-tty, pre-tty bad.

I would agree but Leon Black is just too good. He rivals crazy eyed killa...

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    said it before, say it again, you guys are fuckin crazy if you thought this season sucked. all you have to do is look at LAST season to see what a horrible season of curb looks like. leon 4 president.

leon vs tim meadows

leon with some good advice

a jacklette?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

"I brings the ruckus to the ladies!"

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    "if i don't fuck you up it don't look right!"

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    I saw this in the Wall Street Journal a few weeks ago; apparently Curb Your Enthusiasm strikes a chord with schizophrenics:

http://www.newyorker.com/talk/2007/10/29/071029ta_talk_ward

• Barack Obama Motherfucker

• I cant remember his name but the dude that plays leon has been bringing heat ever since i saw him on the chris rock show and he also has a special on comedy central
    this dude has some fantastic delivery, funny as hell
    he was good in pootie tang too

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

so THAT'S where i recognize him from!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I cant remember his name but the dude that plays leon has been bringing heat ever since i saw him on the chris rock show and he also has a special on comedy central
    this dude has some fantastic delivery, funny as hell

JC SMOOVE.

I've been trying to track down his stand-up, but no luck yet.

• Was this the *series* finale?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Was this the *series* finale?

LARRY DAVID MULLS 2 MORE SEASONS[/b]
    By DON KAPLAN

November 5, 2007 -- LARRY David - who never wanted to say from year to year whether he was going to keep doing his eccentric HBO comedy - is suddenly talking about doing "Curb Your Enthusiasm" for two, maybe three, more years.

David has typically agreed only to one-year deals - usually, a few months after telling the cast and crew that each season will be his last.

"It's become sort of a running joke," an industry source says.

No one has a clear answer why David has had an apparent change of heart.

But in recent weeks, David is telling friends he wants to keep doing "Curb" for several more seasons.

(read more)

• The mind boggles at a full season of "Larry & the Blacks".

• The mind boggles at a full season of "Larry & the Blacks".

didn't we just see that this year?

if there is another season i hope they get rid of the Blacks (the family!) and keep cheryl off the show. the funniest parts of curb involve larry, jeff and Funkhauser. i'd watch a spin off of just Funkhauser.