Curb Your Enthusiam sucks

Comments

• Curb was the funniest show to ever be on TV, EVAR! Its a crime it isnt on anymore...

You'll be happy to know it's alive and well.

• Curb was the funniest show to ever be on TV, EVAR! Its a crime it isnt on anymore...

Sorry..I meant Arrested Devolpment...had Curb on the brain since I am watching some episodes at the moment

• I dont even want to know what someone who doesnt think Curb Your Enthusiam is funny finds funny(you probably ride for Adam Sandler)...Curb was the funniest show to ever be on TV, EVAR! Its a crime it isnt on anymore...

.......I think there has to be a distinction with Adam Sandler if you're going to diss. I hate all the new shit - hated everything after Big Daddy -- didn't even bother with any of it. But the earlier stuff I certainly don't front on.

Well, I dont think anything that Adam has done to be funny at all...in fact his shtick kinda angers up my blood...dude is awful, if he can make you laugh, i could see where Arrested Devolpment and Curb wouldnt be funny...they dont make funny faces and talk in silly voices

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Not even Happy Gilmore?

Come on ...

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

I never got into Arrested Development either.....I thought it was mad enertaining but never found it all that funny - only part I remember laughing out loud at was George trying to get up the dirt pile on his Segway saying Michael over and over again.

But yea....what's funny to you then?

I'll pretty much co-sign all the shows mentioned above, Dog Bites Man was incredible. Arrested Development was great too, although I think it gets a little too much praise.

Anyone know when the new season of South Park starts?

Say what you will about Curb, fact of the matter is that Larry David is probably the most successful TV comedy writer/producer EVER, so he's doing something right.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    I dont even want to know what someone who doesnt think Curb Your Enthusiam is funny finds funny(you probably ride for Adam Sandler)...Curb was the funniest show to ever be on TV, EVAR! Its a crime it isnt on anymore...

.......I think there has to be a distinction with Adam Sandler if you're going to diss. I hate all the new shit - hated everything after Big Daddy -- didn't even bother with any of it. But the earlier stuff I certainly don't front on.

Well, I dont think anything that Adam has done to be funny at all...in fact his shtick kinda angers up my blood...dude is awful, if he can make you laugh, i could see where Arrested Devolpment and Curb wouldnt be funny...they dont make funny faces and talk in silly voices

A) I loveD Curb, and still find parts funny, but think the show has gone downhill at a pace that's extraordinary.

B) I can totally understand why people found Arrested Development funny - it just never really did it for me. I do think it's good humor and am not knocking it at all - I just personally didn't find myself laughing all that much.

C) Adam Sandler is not why any of those movies are good.

• Not even Happy Gilmore?

Come on ...

no, I cant stand dude, he doesnt make me laugh at all...I have been told the happy Gilmore thing before and I watched it and still have the same conclusion about dude...

In fact, I mentioned Adam Sandler because I have found he also is sort of a personality detector...In most discussions about comedy with people, I find if they find what I find funny not very funny, they usually are big Sandler fans...way different tastes...and it is just different tastes afterall...sense of humor is different with everyone...but if they like Sandler, then I know not to take any comedy suggestions from them...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Not even Happy Gilmore?

Come on ...

no, I cant stand dude, he doesnt make me laugh at all...I have been told the happy Gilmore thing before and I watched it and still have the same conclusion about dude...

yeah, well I don't ride for Sandler - I just think
    Happy Gilmore is a funny movie, the rest of the cast
    is what really makes it, like the Shooter McGavin dude
    and Carl Weathers, etc ...

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Not even Happy Gilmore?

Come on ...

That shit was great, although I was probably 15 when it came out. Did it age well?

Anyone that rides for Adam Sandler after the 90's should be slapped.

Not even Happy Gilmore?

Come on ...

yeah, well I don't ride for Sandler - I just think
    Happy Gilmore is a funny movie, the rest of the cast
    is what really makes it, like the Shooter McGavin dude
    and Carl Weathers, etc ...

exactly....or the kids in Billy Madison, Chris Farley in Billy Madison, Norm MacDonald or Rob Schneider in any of them, Steve Buschemi in any of them - even that awful Mr. Deeds bullshit, Buschemi still ruled.
    And the dudes that he grew up with in real life - the guys who play the gay couple in Big Daddy and the main roles in Grandma's Boy.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    those clips are all I've ever seen of Curb - I didn't laugh

AD is some 'aren't we so clever' stuff - I didn't laugh

I'm not familar enough with Adam Sandlers oerve to speak on it - I saw 20 minutes of the movie he did with Jack Nicholson on TV once - it was stupid.

• those clips are all I've ever seen of Curb - I didn't laugh

I'm not familar enough with Adam Sandlers oerve to speak on it - I saw 20 minutes of the movie he did with Jack Nicholson on TV once - it was stupid.

you don't like comedy

• DUDE, YOUR IDEA OF FUNNY IS PICKING INTERNET FIGHTS WITH PHILLY BOOK SLANGERS.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    those clips are all I've ever seen of Curb - I didn't laugh

So you ride for this?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    you don't like comedy

I like to laugh, I don't like comedy.

soulstrut is always good for a laugh or two.

we've got some Larry David fanboys up in the house!!!!

their worldview is threatened by those who don't find Curb funny!!!

• we've got some Larry David fanboys up in the house!!!!

I just want his 275 millie.......CHA-CHING!!!!! He laughs at all of us.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

A) I loveD Curb Sandler, and still find parts funny, but think he has gone downhill

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    I thought Curb Your Enthusiasm was very funny the first couple of seasons, then it just got tired. It's the same episode every time. Larry offends someone, he tries to fix it and makes it worse, it bites him in the ass, the end. It used to be that it was worth it to sit through the annoying buildup because the payoff was always funny, but when you see it coming ten or twenty minutes away, but still have to sit through the annoying parts to get there, it's not worth it anymore. I watched two episodes last week from the new season and it was so fucking tedious.

b/w

I love Arrested Development. Great writing, great acting, tons of twists and turns, always really funny. Buster was worth the price of admission alone.

• b/w

I love Arrested Development. Great writing, great acting, tons of twists and turns, always really funny. TOBIAS[/b] was worth the price of admission alone.

• curb is funny but i don't know if i'd use it as a sense-of-humor-test, like some are proposing.

here is my test:

Do you think Dane Cook is funny?

If the answer is "yes", kill yourself.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Faux, shut up, you gay.

I have now been outed as a homosexual and an American, traits which both clearly disqualify me from commenting on American sitcoms.

I think the correct term for dudes shopping at Sam Goody for Justin Timberlake and Kanye cd's wearing pink shirts is

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Curb is not bad, but, if your Jewish, then it might not seem so amazing. Watching this ish is like going to a family dinner, shopping with my mom, or just living my life. Props to this dude for documenting the typical day-to-day happenings of Jewish life & making millions for it.

Curb is not bad, but, if your Jewish, then it might not seem so amazing. Watching this ish is like going to a family dinner, shopping with my mom, or just living my life. Props to this dude for documenting the typical day-to-day happenings of Jewish life & making millions for it.

some people find him funny, others annoying
    i don't really know what your upbringing or religion has to do with it

I disagree with both of you. I mean I'm down with our stereotype and all - and Larry is a perfect example - but then what about Woody Allen? Albert Brooks? Jerry Seinfeld? (yes yes i know - with the help of Larry David). It's not like he's in a class of his own - but come on b, watching an episode of Curb is not like shopping with your mother. Yea - he and my father have way too much shit in common, but it's not like I'm watching my family reunion when an episode is on. It's just that there's a little bit of Larry inside each of. And PAUSE to that.

but at the same time - if you can't see that this humor is steretypically Jewish - you're faking the funk - or maybe worse......might you be.....A SELF HATING JEW!?!?!?!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i cleared my cookies and relogged to get rid of that "invalid post" error to say that this show fucking sucks. "LOL I DO SOMETHING STUPID AND THEN CAUGHT IN AN AWKWARD SITUATION AFTER LOL" summarizes the show pretty well

b/w

I love Arrested Development. Great writing, great acting, tons of twists and turns, always really funny. Buster Tobias[/b], and Gob[/b] were worth the price of admission alone.

• Curb is not bad, but, if your Jewish, then it might not seem so amazing. Watching this ish is like going to a family dinner, shopping with my mom, or just living my life. Props to this dude for documenting the typical day-to-day happenings of Jewish life & making millions for it.

I disagree with both of you. I mean I'm down with our stereotype and all - and Larry is a perfect example - but then what about Woody Allen? Albert Brooks? Jerry Seinfeld? (yes yes i know - with the help of Larry David). It's not like he's in a class of his own - but come on b, watching an episode of Curb is not like shopping with your mother. Yea - he and my father have way too much shit in common, but it's not like I'm watching my family reunion when an episode is on. It's just that there's a little bit of Larry inside each of. And PAUSE to that.

but at the same time - if you can't see that this humor is steretypically Jewish - you're faking the funk - or maybe worse......might you be.....A SELF HATING JEW!?!?!?!

The awesome Jewy center of Curb... is that, unlike most of your family, you can heartily laugh at it guilt-free.

i'm not sure if you're trying to be funny or not.
    nowhere in my post did i state that larry's humor isn't jewish.
    i said it doesn't take a jew to appreciate it or alternately find it annoying.

you dudes saying you wouldn't like the show as much if you're not jewish
    and throwing around 'self hating jew' claims need to check yourself... before you wreck yourself
    alright, i'm out

• you dudes saying you wouldn't like the show as much if you're not jewish
    and throwing around 'self hating jew' claims need to check yourself... before you wreck yourself
    alright, i'm out

i wouldnt like the show as much if i wasnt jewish. he had an episode about scalping tickets for high holiday services. that was hilarious to me but wouldnt have been AS funny, or perhaps not funny at all if i wasn't jewish.

why is this so strange to you? rednecks laugh at "blue collar tv". black people think comicview is funny. and mexicans are probably more likely to think carlos mencia is funny, although that is questionable.

• I love Arrested Development. Great writing, great acting, tons of twists and turns, always really funny. Buster Tobias[/b], and Gob[/b] were worth the price of admission alone.

I don't think Curb can hold Arrested Development's jock on Arrested's worst days (season 3).

Arrested was so well written, and quickly paced (not like Curb, which is way too slow for me) that it really was as far as TV comedy goes.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Arrested was so well written, and quickly paced (not like Curb, which is way too slow for me) that it really was as far as TV comedy goes.

here is the truth about arrested development:

"ehh it wasnt that good" = only watched a few episodes, at the most

"fucking incredible" = actually watched the whole series.

arrested development works like a movie. you cant just jump in in the middle and get it, you have to watch the whole fucking series to understand what makes it genius.

i think what people dont understand is what makes a sitcom good is not determined only by how many times you laugh, but how well-written and clever it is too. arrested development is beyond memorable. its a fucking brilliant show.

i ride seriously hard for the US office, and nobodys brought it up but that show is fucking genius too. anybody feel me on that? for the laughs factor it definitely takes the cake. i love dwight.

curb is pretty funny, but never been a favorite, although i do like it better than seinfeld and i like seinfeld. it makes me laugh but it stresses me out sometimes! either way i would not mind owning all the dvds, but personally i feel like it doesnt have much replay value...for me, anyway. good show though.