People Who Leave The Bathroom Lights On?

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
I just dont get it. A ladyfriend will be over and she'll leave the bathroom light ON after she leaves it."Hello, Do you leave your Car running?" WTF. Turn that shit off!!!!!My buddy, I grew up w/ was notorious for this. I'd hang out at his house all evening and the family left both bathroom lights on. No one used the room for like 3 whole hours, yet the lights stayed ON. WTF?I cant stand that shit. Y'all know any energy wasters who commit this crime? Sorry, but Im from the Woodsie Owl/Crying Indian Era and enuff PSAs has made me a stickler about this.

Comments

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Basic commonsense that unfortunately most people either lack or are too distracted to remember. I always feel like the jerk, going after people, turning lights off and shit.

• I lived with a family in Spain for a year back in the early 80's . My landlady would yell at me if I left my bedroom to go to the bathroom (or anywhere else in the house) and didn't turn my lights off. Harsh, but it got me in the habit.

• I believe it is so people can ferment their unko experiments.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Unacceptable.

• yeah, makes no sense. I'd like to add this to the discussion:

-dudes who go to the bathroom and don't wash their hands. I see this at the movies, restaurants, etc. How
    do they not think that touching their junk and anything else in the bathroom is gross. It grosses me out when I'm washing my hands and some dude goes straight from the stall out the door. Sometimes they even pause and look in the mirror and adjust their pants or their hair. Then they walk around the earth spreading their junk germs on everything. I know I sound crazy, but it's fucking gross.

I'm sure some people on here are guilty too.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    -dudes who go to the bathroom and don't wash their hands. I see this at the movies, restaurants, etc. How
    do they not think that touching their junk and anything else in the bathroom is gross. It grosses me out when I'm washing my hands and some dude goes straight from the stall out the door. Sometimes they even pause and look in the mirror and adjust their pants or their hair. Then they walk around the earth spreading their junk germs on everything. I know I sound crazy, but it's fucking gross.

nothing crazy about this. it's disusting!
    there's only one sink at my work (a strip club nonetheless) and i see dudes walking straight out all the time.

there's only one sink at my work (a strip club nonetheless) and i see dudes walking straight out all the time.

Seriously, unacceptable.

On the subject of taking a piss. this dude was leaning on his white Benz the other night, taking a piss RIGHT ONTO a pretty big street. As we passed by his car, he was smiling with his dick out. Not cool.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Lets stay on topic so this doesnt de-volve into a pee-pee & doo-doo thread.

Another thing is the responses one get when u say "turn off the lights"

- "What's the big deal?" "What are u talkin' 'bout?"

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I hate houses where they keep the bathroom door closed
    when not in use. I can undestand "ajar" - but closed is
    crazy, it's like "hello? anyone in there?"

These fools come to my house and close my bathroom door
    and get me all kinds of confused

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

These fools come to my house and close my bathroom door
    and get me all kinds of confused

Let that Funk escape. Old skin buildup =

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    [quote
    Let that Funk escape. this cannot be stressed enough

• This girl I lived with last year always kept lights on. She would keep her bedroom and desk light, television, and laptop on throughout the entire day and would only turn it off when she went to sleep.

• -dudes who go to the bathroom and don't wash their hands. I see this at the movies, restaurants, etc. How

there is someone at my work who will talk on the phone in the stall and not flush (because she doesn't want whoever to hear). i always give her the dirtiest look. the last time this happened, i walked into her stall and flushed it for her while she was talking and fixing her hair in the mirror and she looked embarassed. hopefully she will stop now.

• covecove 1,566 Posts

My new roomate does this so I had to get used to it. He claims my cat goes in there and mauls the toilet paper.

different stuff

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

there is someone at my work who will talk on the phone in the stall and not flush (because she doesn't want whoever to hear). i always give her the dirtiest look. the last time this happened, i walked into her stall and flushed it for her while she was talking and fixing her hair in the mirror and she looked embarassed. hopefully she will stop now.

fucking awesome. Iloveit.

• not to perpetuate the un intended alternate theme of this thread but people who don't wash their hands are gross. i've become anal about washing my hands and find that i over wash sometimes. then i wonder how we made it this many years as humans while touching things that other people have touched and i feel silly. gonna keep them digits clean though.

as for the bathroom light issue, i am prone to keep a low light on in most rooms of the house. my favorite light is the one over the stove, that stays on forever. the bathroom light has to be shut off though, same with hall lights and bedroom lights when not in the room. i find that most people are pretty courtious about this though and shut off the light when leaving the wc (dubyasizzler).

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    sometimes bathrooms are scary

• I have a bad habit of leaving lights on in rooms I'm not in. I live by myself in a 3 bedroom house and I'll be in my computer room for hours with my bedroom, kitchen and living room lights on. I also leave my home stereo on (i.e. THE GHETTO ALARM) while I'm at work all day. My computer too. I need to stop.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Get these motion detected light sensors from Leviton. Come on when you go in, go off if when you leave.l Go green dude, and keep your bills low.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    My room-mate leaves all the lights on in the house all night. I've asked him about it, and this is his response:

"Well, in my sleep every night I get up and eat chips and salsa. Without the lights on I run into things."

Wilco Tango Foxtrot?!

• Yeah I suspect this has something to do with people who need to pee in the middle of the night.

It was a shocker when I learned the real reason women want men to put down the toilet seat when they are done. It's because they don't want to fall in the toilet when they pee in the middle of the night in the dark. I couldn't fathom why they wouldn't just turn on the light (who walks into a dark room and doesn't turn on the light?) but they say if they turn on the light, then they'll be too awake to fall back asleep.

So, maybe this person is just leaving the light on to avoid falling in.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Hilarious.

What about people that try to initiate a conversation with you while they're in the stall? For example, you're at the sink and you hear a voice coming from the stall. I find this seriously distasteful--once you disappear into that stall you cease to exist to me until you come out again.

• leaning on his white Benz...smiling with his dick out.

sounds like the good life to me.

• leaning on his white Benz...smiling with his dick out.

sounds like the good life to me.

I'm sayin'! That sounds like a rap lyric that Mylatency would champion!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I'm sayin'! That sounds like a rap lyric that Mylatency would champion!

LOLLERZZ U MUST DEAL WITH THA REAL

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

Shyiiiit....I wash my hands BEFORE I touch my dick!

And also - people who leave their bathroom lights on don't have SHIT on people who leave their air conditioning on. Those people get the bozack big time.

• Options
    On the subject of taking a piss. this dude was leaning on his white Benz the other night, taking a piss RIGHT ONTO a pretty big street. As we passed by his car, he was smiling with his dick out. Not cool.

When I used to work in underground construction we'd be parked at a manhole location for the bulk of the day. We had one of those work trucks where you can walk around the back of the truck, kind of a big van I guess. Anyway, since we were parked there the whole day and my partner and I would both average a gallon of water drank a day we'd have to pee a lot. So we drilled a hole through the floor of the van and bought a long funnel, then ran a hose off the end of the funnel and through the floor. Every day we'd fill it with ice and clean it with industrial degreaser plus alcohol.

We ran the hose to the middle of the undercarraige so to anyone who saw it just looked like the truck was leaking fluid (which I guess it was). The best was when we'd be working on a street that had a nice incline to it, we'd have races to see whose pee could go the furthest.

We also use 32 oz Gatorade bottles, and stand in the doorway of the truck. You can put your action into the wide mouth of the bottle and rest the whole thing on something and then make it look like you're reading a newspaper or something. People drive by me all the time while I'm taking a piss and no one knows it, I'm nice like that.

You ever drive down a street and see someone working in one of these but all of the sides are enclosed so you can only see the guy from the waist up? Well, if you're on Long Island and the guy works for V***zon and it's summertime, it's a safe bet his pants are down around his ankles and he's working half-naked. Industry secret revealed. One guy even carried on a conversation with a customer who was yelling questions up to him from the street, and he answered every one of them without flinching while he took a shit in his bucket.

I turn my lights off in my bathroom.

• We also use 32 oz Gatorade bottles, and stand in the doorway of the truck. You can put your action into the wide mouth of the bottle

Uhhh, maybe YOU can.

• On the subject of taking a piss. this dude was leaning on his white Benz the other night, taking a piss RIGHT ONTO a pretty big street. As we passed by his car, he was smiling with his dick out. Not cool.

When I used to work in underground construction we'd be parked at a manhole location for the bulk of the day. We had one of those work trucks where you can walk around the back of the truck, kind of a big van I guess. Anyway, since we were parked there the whole day and my partner and I would both average a gallon of water drank a day we'd have to pee a lot. So we drilled a hole through the floor of the van and bought a long funnel, then ran a hose off the end of the funnel and through the floor. Every day we'd fill it with ice and clean it with industrial degreaser plus alcohol.

We ran the hose to the middle of the undercarraige so to anyone who saw it just looked like the truck was leaking fluid (which I guess it was). The best was when we'd be working on a street that had a nice incline to it, we'd have races to see whose pee could go the furthest.

We also use 32 oz Gatorade bottles, and stand in the doorway of the truck. You can put your action into the wide mouth of the bottle and rest the whole thing on something and then make it look like you're reading a newspaper or something. People drive by me all the time while I'm taking a piss and no one knows it, I'm nice like that.

You ever drive down a street and see someone working in one of these but all of the sides are enclosed so you can only see the guy from the waist up? Well, if you're on Long Island and the guy works for V***zon and it's summertime, it's a safe bet his pants are down around his ankles and he's working half-naked. Industry secret revealed. One guy even carried on a conversation with a customer who was yelling questions up to him from the street, and he answered every one of them without flinching while he took a shit in his bucket.

I turn my lights off in my bathroom.

I had the hunch the GOD would post in this thread.

BUT DO Y'ALL SHIT AT THE CLUB?

At MILK I cant, there's no stalls. So I either just hold it and go to Cha-Cha-Cha's and say "uuh...yeah I'm meating friends at the bar". Go in, TEAR SHIT UP and bounce.