THE OFFICIAL NFL 2007 THREAD

Comments

• Yeah, I definitely benefited from picking up Moss in both of my leagues. Grant was my best mid-season pick up though. I had fun, big up to everyone who participated.

• Anyone see Philip Rivers talking shit at the Broncos last night? Someone needs to put a beat down on this over rated wouldnt be jack shit without LT & Antonio Gates punk in the playoffs

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Anyone see Philip Rivers talking shit at the Broncos last night? Someone needs to put a beat down on this over rated wouldnt be jack shit without LT & Antonio Gates punk in the playoffs

I agree. Totally classless... in his defense, though, Cutler was displaying extreme amounts of asshurtedness. His shit performance helped me claim 3rd place in the strut fantasy league.

• GET READY TO CATCH ANOTHER BEATDOWN FROM THE SAINTS IN DECEMBER.

paging Gene P.

Sorry dude. I was on the road. Y'all were the spoilers. We just can't stop anyone. Lost McKenzie, Colston, Branch and Steck in that game. Sean Payton butchered the first drive of the second half. Dumb challenge killed the momentum. We ain't a playoff team but we can still get in. Enjoy yr season of "near-wins" yourself.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

Anyone see Philip Rivers talking shit at the Broncos last night? Someone needs to put a beat down on this over rated wouldnt be jack shit without LT & Antonio Gates punk in the playoffs

I agree. Totally classless... in his defense, though, Cutler was displaying extreme amounts of asshurtedness. His shit performance helped me claim 3rd place in the strut fantasy league.

yeah he had a bad game but you can't place all the blame on him.. denver's o-line is pretty much the worst in the league.

it sure does suck being a broncos fan right now

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

Classless? That's a tad bit overboard. Trashtalking is part of the game. Favre and Brady talk shit on the regular...remember the Steelers game where Brady was in the mix with the Pittsburgh's corners after throwing a TD pass?

As far as P. Rivers being overrated, will see about that. Believe me, Chargers will be going deep in the playoffs.

Oh yeah, here's the offending "talking shit" clip - pretty funny if you ask me.

Two Words:

Gumble... Why?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Two Words:

Gumble... Why?

For real. I can't stand this man's voice.

Plus this saturday not only is he going to be announcing on NFL network, his pinched, catty comentary will be heard on NBC and CBS as well.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    Two Words:

Gumble... Why?

Plus this saturday not only is he going to be announcing on NFL network, his pinched, catty comentary will be heard on NBC and CBS as well.

this actually might be a good thing in the long run. a ton of people will be watching this game, so hopefully a lot of negative feedback will arise, thus leaving him out of a job for the 08 season. yeah, wishful thinking i guess

i remember watching the broncos/chiefs last thanksgiving (the nfl network's first game) and it seriously sounded like i was listening to a local high school football broadcast

• Options
    Two Words:

Gumble... Why?

this actually might be a good thing in the long run. a ton of people will be watching this game, so hopefully a lot of negative feedback will arise, thus leaving him out of a job for the 08 season. yeah, wishful thinking i guess

i remember watching the broncos/chiefs last thanksgiving (the nfl network's first game) and it seriously sounded like i was listening to a local high school football broadcast

Kenny Albert is no better. Tony Siragusa should retire peacefully too.

• debardebar 215 Posts
    yeah he had a bad game but you can't place all the blame on him.. denver's o-line is pretty much the worst in the league.

Dude, you must not have watched any Chiefs games this year. THAT is the worst O-line in the league right now. Even their 3-time pro bowler & 2-time all-pro G Brian Waters played like shit. Herm has a lot of work to do this offseason.

• yeah he had a bad game but you can't place all the blame on him.. denver's o-line is pretty much the worst in the league.

Dude, you must not have watched any Chiefs games this year. THAT is the worst O-line in the league right now. Even their 3-time pro bowler & 2-time all-pro G Brian Waters played like shit. Herm has a lot of work to do this offseason.

Maybe the chiefs would be better off by relieving Herm of all that work...

Two Words:

Gumble... Why?

exactly. The NFL has NO idea the ramifications of this. This is an historic game and the outcry on how shitty Gumble is will be light up the switchboards. The local simulcast of the Dallas / Green Bay game brought new interest into how horrid he is.

Read this Blog. Very Funny.

• Why is Lupe Fiasco telling me about my team right now?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• You know what I Frickin' HATE, and I mean HATE!

The NFL flexs this game onto three Frickin' networks, sells us all week on Brady-Moss-The Pats challenging records...

And, then when Moss has the audacity to tie a reocrd, and be happy?

WOAH, WOAH, WOAH! FLAG ON THE PLAY!

Frickin' NFL...Old white men telling young black men how to act.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I had a bad feeling about this game.

Everyone was too certain about the Pats. This is
    the NFL - no team likes to be told they have no chance,
    especially at home on a huge national TV stage. I knew
    the Giants would play hard as fuck, and I had a feeling
    it might not go well ... one thing I figured would save
    the Pats was that I counted on at least one pick 6 on
    Manning, a couple of turnovers ... but so far, Manning
    has been all but perfect. Pats can still pull this out,
    but it's looking like history might just have to wait ...

I had a bad feeling about this game.

Everyone was too certain about the Pats. This is
    the NFL - no team likes to be told they have no chance,
    especially at home on a huge national TV stage. I knew
    the Giants would play hard as fuck, and I had a feeling
    it might not go well ... one thing I figured would save
    the Pats was that I counted on at least one pick 6 on
    Manning, a couple of turnovers ... but so far, Manning
    has been all but perfect. Pats can still pull this out,
    but it's looking like history might just have to wait ...

Barf. You Massholes always find a way to pull it off.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Whether they win or lose, the 2007 Pats are one of the Top 5 teams in NFL history.

GOAT..........nope.

• Whether they win or lose, the 2007 Pats are one of the Top 5 teams in NFL history.

GOAT..........nope.

If they go 19-0, I will field calls all day explaining why they are indeed the greatest team in NFL history.

But, until then...

They ain't done shit. And, they'll be the first to tell you.

Whether they win or lose, the 2007 Pats are one of the Top 5 teams in NFL history.

GOAT..........nope.

Mark my words: THEY WILL LOOSE IN THE PLAYOFFS!

Barf. You Massholes always find a way to pull it off.

Don't hate ... appreciate.

Going 16-0 and beating 7 playoff teams to do it =

GOAT..........nope.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    I want to know how all of these Patriots fans/Giants hatters managed to score tickets to this game? You can hardly tell that NY is playing at home.

[Resuming my position as the lovely wife curling up at her husband's feet. ]

I want to know how all of these Patriots fans/Giants hatters managed to score tickets to this game? You can hardly tell that NY is playing at home.

There were stories all over Boston radio this week about Giants fans
    selling off their tickets by the thousands, the combination of a game
    that means nothing to NY and huge piles of cash being offered by rabid
    Pats fans being too much to resist. I was actually impressed with how
    loud the Giants fans were, knowing this, when the home team was taking it
    to the Pats. It was only when the Pats started pulling ahead that I heard
    the visiting fans ...

I'm not touching that one ... but I love that a woman came in
    to comment, because it was ripe for some sort of response ...

... not over yet ...

I won't lie, I'm chewing my fingernails raw here!

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

Haha, I should have put that in quotes...Kitchenknight used that phrase in another thread and I thought it was pretty funny/cute--like she's a cat or something.

[Heading out after the game to drink and drive. ]

GO GIANTS!!

• ... not over yet ...

I won't lie, I'm chewing my fingernails raw here!

and drinking!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    The NFL Network is pathetic ...

Collinsworth has Brady's cock so far down his throat it's amazing he can even breathe.

Gumby knows absolutely nothing about football but instead of just calling the game like a normal play by play guy he insists on commenting on every damn thing just to prove he's deserving of the gig.

Deion has no business being on TV.....Dude is the most annoying person on earth.

Marriuchi gets paid to do nothing because everytime he tries to speak fuckin Deion starts coonin and talking all over dude

Marshall is just whatever.

Haha, I should have put that in quotes...Kitchenknight used that phrase in another thread and I thought it was pretty funny/cute--like she's a cat or something.

No, no - that's what I meant - I wanted to give him a hard time
    for that comment in the other thread, but I was glad it was you
    who did instead!

Sorry the Giants couldn't pull it out, but they played a hell of a game!