NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Yo I was just eating a Ham/Avocado sandwich and checking out some Ben Wallace clips...I think it's pretty obvious that Detroit has not been the same without him. He was irreplaceable in the middle.

BEN WALLACE APPRECIATION.

Dude was willing to do the dirty work.
    Rasheed is a good rebounder & blocker but doesnt have that mindset.
    The entire team IS committed to playing D,but when that D engine goes....Whoops!

Wallace (i heard) wanted to become more involved in the offense and Flip wasnt seeing that. They already have 5 dudes who can score, why the hell do u want to join in. Do what u do.what has gotten you a dam ring & go grab that fuckin rebound & shut the fuck up. Now hes in Chicago lookin quite silly tryin to contribute on the Offensive end, just lookin Offensive as fuck.
    Chicago is still searchin for a low post offensive thraet to compliment their outside talent. Dude shoulda stayed in Detroit and got one mo ring.

Whateva

Hey, aside from Dennis Rodman and a few others, there's VERY few players willing to make a career out of doing the dirty work. And to be so physically gifted like Big Ben and be satisfied with that is unthinkable. I can't blame him for "letting it out" in Chicago, trying to get his on offense. Just like you can't blame KB for going on a tear after years of being assigned as Shaq's sidekick.

No doubt. I guess he just cant see his limitations. Money will never be a scorer unless he plays w/ Jason Kidd.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Yo I was just eating a Ham/Avocado sandwich and checking out some Ben Wallace clips...I think it's pretty obvious that Detroit has not been the same without him. He was irreplaceable in the middle.

The entire team IS committed to playing D,but when that D engine goes....Whoops!

Wallace (i heard) wanted to become more involved in the offense and Flip wasnt seeing that. They already have 5 dudes who can score, why the hell do u want to join in. Do what u do.what has gotten you a dam ring & go grab that fuckin rebound & shut the fuck up. Now hes in Chicago lookin quite silly tryin to contribute on the Offensive end, just lookin Offensive as fuck.
    Chicago is still searchin for a low post offensive thraet to compliment their outside talent. Dude shoulda stayed in Detroit and got one mo ring.

Whateva

Hey, aside from Dennis Rodman and a few others, there's VERY few players willing to make a career out of doing the dirty work. And to be so physically gifted like Big Ben and be satisfied with that is unthinkable. I can't blame him for "letting it out" in Chicago, trying to get his on offense. Just like you can't blame KB for going on a tear after years of being assigned as Shaq's sidekick.

No doubt. I guess he just cant see his limitations. Money will never be a scorer unless he plays w/ Jason Kidd.

He's a great finisher though! Shi-t, when I get some money, I'm about to cop a Ben Wallace jersey.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

Whateva

Its crazy to me that more people don't try to carve a career out as a Rodman or a Wallace. Teams that have a guy with that kinda game are usually good in part because of that. I guess the NBA ego just won't allow a player to admit he has no offensive game and just let it go. Its not like Ben and Rodman didn't get paid big ol yaper to do the dirty work.

Yo little ass will look mad goofy in a Ben Wallace Jersey.

Chicago,Detroit or Washington(real heads)?

Whateva

Its crazy to me that more people don't try to carve a career out as a Rodman or a Wallace. Teams that have a guy with that kinda game are usually good in part because of that. I guess the NBA ego just won't allow a player to admit he has no offensive game and just let it go. Its not like Ben and Rodman didn't get paid big ol yaper to do the dirty work.

Nah. Wallcae wasnt feelin Flip's gameplan and wante "in" on the Offense.
    He felt he could contribute at 30+ of age.

{eddiemurphy} You can win Jessie,You can Win - Fuck Harold Washington"{EM}

And dont get it twisted - Rodman could score when he tried. He just committed to the Dirty work. Dude was part of the offense in Detroit.

'Member dude hit three's and shit evry once in a while.

Ahhh you bitch!!! hahahahahahaha. naw, i'm a get a Medium and that should be aiite.
    Pistons jersey no doubt.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

Whateva

Nah. Wallcae wasnt feelin Flip's gameplan and wante "in" on the Offense.
    He felt he could contribute at 30+ of age.

{eddiemurphy} You can win Jessie,You can Win - Fuck Harold Washington"{EM}

His offense consists of putbacks and alleyoops. What a dumbass. I'll take 10 mil a year to never shoot outside of 2 feet! The Sonics had the same problem with Reggie Evans a couple years ago. He is a poor poor poor man's Ben but he decided he was goin to show his offensive skills for a month or two and it was a straight disaster. Some guys just aren't gifted with the coordination to be great offensive players.

Ahhh you bitch!!! hahahahahahaha. naw, i'm a get a Medium and that should be aiite.
    Pistons jersey no doubt.

"That Throwback Jersey Is a Dress my Ni**A" - Murs....

What shoe size u wear?

You're absolutely right. More players SHOULD, but let's be honest. Players growing up emulate the flashy shit. The crossovers, the three pointers. The blinding speed from coast to coast. And if you're athletic, you're much better off making an impression on a scout that way. From my experience, athletic players tend to focus more on offense than defense/rebounding. You'd see a MUCH better quality of basketball if there were more dudes emulating Ben Wallace, Bruce Bowen, Andrei Kirilenko, or Raja Bell. Boozer gets the nod from Old Headz cuz he molded his game from Karl Malone.

Pistons jersey no doubt.

What shoe size u wear?

Pistons jersey no doubt.

What shoe size u wear?

Cool.

When i hit up the outlets imma pick up some Kobes for your starvin telepath ass.

Pistons jersey no doubt.

What shoe size u wear?

Cool.

When i hit up the outlets imma pick up some Kobes for your starvin telepath ass.

fo real? dude...i should probably put up a sign that reads "I accept donations" on my blog.

Pistons jersey no doubt.

What shoe size u wear?

Cool.

fo real? dude...i should probably put up a sign that reads "I accept donations" on my blog.

Dont worry bout it.

What ur blog url again?

Pistons jersey no doubt.

What shoe size u wear?

Cool.

Dont worry bout it.

What ur blog url again?

I'm thinking about changing the subtitle to something like "capturing the soul of the game" or some shit like that....cuz "elevated analysis" is time-intensive. And I ain't really focused on the details at this point. Anyway, here it is. haha. Still largely undeveloped, and unpublicized, but yea.

Rise Above

• Yo little ass will look mad goofy in a Ben Wallace Jersey.

Washington did the most to improve, and their b-team hung in with the Cavs in pretty much every game. The Cavs might have been mailing it in, but I'd say with even just Gilbert or Caron playing the Cavs would have lost. Now they have Nick Young, Pecherov, and McGuire, all of whom can score more effectively than most of their bench from last year, i.e. Hayes and Thpmas and Ruffin. Daniels probably has a year or two left as an above-average back up pg. After this year they get Memphis' pick(lottery protected), and Jamison stops being a max contract. Detroit is just getting older. Chicago might be dangerous, but they just seem like they're missing something.

Washington did the most to improve, and their b-team hung in with the Cavs in pretty much every game. The Cavs might have been mailing it in, but I'd say with even just Gilbert or Caron playing the Cavs would have lost. Now they have Nick Young, Pecherov, and McGuire, all of whom can score more effectively than most of their bench from last year, i.e. Hayes and Thpmas and Ruffin. Daniels probably has a year or two left as an above-average back up pg. After this year they get Memphis' pick(lottery protected), and Jamison stops being a max contract. Detroit is just getting older. Chicago might be dangerous, but they just seem like they're missing something.

There probably gonna offer crazy money to Gil when he becomes a free agent next summer.
    U better hop he stays.

And what do u mean by the "Most"? More than Boston?

Nick Young, Pecherov, and McGuire
    Better than Boobie Gibson/Pavlovic/Marshall?

Couldda, woulda, shoulda.

• Yo little ass will look mad goofy in a Ben Wallace Jersey.

There probably gonna offer crazy money to Gil when he becomes a free agent next summer.
    U better hop he stays.

And what do u mean by the "Most"? More than Boston?

Nick Young, Pecherov, and McGuire
    Better than Boobie Gibson/Pavlovic/Marshall?

Couldda, woulda, shoulda.

I meant that they did the most out of them, Chicago, and Detroit. Obviously Boston improved significantly, but they still have a 32 year old shooting guard not named Reggie Miller, the thinnest bench in the league, and major questions about pg and center. As for the Cavs, Pavlovic starts I believe, Boobie has to do it for a whole season, and Donyell seems to be almost done. In general I'd much rather have the Wizards roster/bench than the Cavs. Sorry about the shoulda/woulda/coulda, I'm still bitter about the no-call travel two years ago. You're right about people in D.C. praying that Gilbert actually stays, he has given every indication thus far that he's just opting out because he's eligible for a larger deal. We'll see.

As for the Cavs, Pavlovic starts I believe, Boobie has to do it for a whole season, and Donyell seems to be almost done. In general I'd much rather have the Wizards roster/bench than the Cavs.

Sound like a Wiz fan.

Eric Snow - Been to the Finals w/ A.I.
    David Wesley - decent combo guard
    Damon Jones - Used to be a Killer in Miami
    Donyell Marshall - decent role player - streaky 3 pt shooter
    Pavlovic is above average
    Boobie should start the season

I cant name a Wizard bench player - Brendon Haywood & Etan Thomas =

Yes - Id prefer your big three Jamison/Butler/Arenas, but LeBoring is better than them individually and all it takes a another "star" next to him for them to really start killin it. Those dudes bonded despite their lost in the Finals and I dont see where they have to make extreme changes to remain in striking distance of a ring.

Y'all need a Big Man. Jamison isnt that dude for 48 minutes.

Dallas Starting 5

Webber - 5
    Dirk - 4
    Howard - 3
    Jet - 2
    Harris - 1

Or does Damp start w/ CWebb/Stackhouse/George as the second unit?

• As for the Cavs, Pavlovic starts I believe, Boobie has to do it for a whole season, and Donyell seems to be almost done. In general I'd much rather have the Wizards roster/bench than the Cavs.

Sound like a Wiz fan.

Yes - Id prefer your big three Jamison/Butler/Arenas, but LeBoring is better than them individually and all it takes a another "star" next to him for them to really start killin it. Those dudes bonded despite their lost in the Finals and I dont see where they have to make extreme changes to remain in striking distance of a ring.

I am a Wiz fan, but calling David Wesley "decent" when he wore a suit while healthy for the entire playoffs is a sign your Cavs allegiance may have clouded your judgement. Damon Jones used to be killer, but he hasn't exactly justified his contract since he got to Cleveland. Eric Snow was in the finals like 6 years ago. The only thing he has left to offer is "veteran savvy". Not to mention the Cavs are paying Larry Hughes twice as much as he's worth. The Cavs did nothing while almost every other team in the East did something to improve this offseason.

As for the Cavs, Pavlovic starts I believe, Boobie has to do it for a whole season, and Donyell seems to be almost done. In general I'd much rather have the Wizards roster/bench than the Cavs.

Sound like a Wiz fan.

I am a Wiz fan, but calling David Wesley "decent" when he wore a suit while healthy for the entire playoffs is a sign your Cavs allegiance may have clouded your judgement. Damon Jones used to be killer, but he hasn't exactly justified his contract since he got to Cleveland. Eric Snow was in the finals like 6 years ago. The only thing he has left to offer is "veteran savvy". Not to mention the Cavs are paying Larry Hughes twice as much as he's worth. The Cavs did nothing while almost every other team in the East did something to improve this offseason.

Im just giving respect to a bench that made the finals thats all.

U actually have The Wiz bench > The Cavs bench?

• The Cavs bench is getting old with the exception of Boobie. The Wizards did a lot to improve their bench scoring, while the Cavs have 4 guys on their active roster(at least last year) who never see the court and don't show any signs that they might improve. I'm thinking of Wesley, Newble, Pollard, and Brown. Brown might eventually come around, but he barely played at all last year. Not that an eight man rotation is a bad thing, but those other three(Marshall, Jones, and Gibson) are streaky, Gibson is the one bright spot there.

The Cavs bench is getting old with the exception of Boobie. The Wizards did a lot to improve their bench scoring, while the Cavs have 4 guys on their active roster(at least last year) who never see the court and don't show any signs that they might improve. I'm thinking of Wesley, Newble, Pollard, and Brown. Brown might eventually come around, but he barely played at all last year. Not that an eight man rotation is a bad thing, but those other three(Marshall, Jones, and Gibson) are streaky, Gibson is the one bright spot there.

Who are the new players your talking about on the Wiz bench?

NO. PLAYER POS. HT. WT. BORN COLLEGE '07 SALARY
    0 Gilbert Arenas PG 6-4 215 01/06/82 Arizona $11,096,800
    3 Caron Butler SF 6-7 228 03/13/80 Connecticut $7,438,000
    6 Antonio Daniels PG 6-4 205 03/19/75 Bowling Green $5,400,000
    33 Brendan Haywood C 7-0 263 11/27/79 North Carolina $4,500,000
    4 Antawn Jamison F 6-9 235 06/12/76 North Carolina $15,101,626
    5 Dominic McGuire GF 6-8 210 10/20/85 Fresno State
    14 Oleksiy Pecherov C 7-0 234 null
    9 Darius Songaila PF 6-8 248 02/14/78 Wake Forest $3,650,000
    2 DeShawn Stevenson SG 6-5 218 04/03/81 $932,015
    36 Etan Thomas FC 6-10 260 04/01/78 Syracuse $5,883,600
    1 Nick Young GF 6-6 200 06/01/85 USC[/b]

• Dallas Starting 5

Webber - 5
    Dirk - 4
    Howard - 3
    Jet - 2
    Harris - 1

What up, B?

What do you know that I don't?

Dallas Starting 5

Webber - 5
    Dirk - 4
    Howard - 3
    Jet - 2
    Harris - 1

What up, B?

Go to Hoopshype....Rumour mill.

would u take him?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Dallas Starting 5

Webber - 5
    Dirk - 4
    Howard - 3
    Jet - 2
    Harris - 1

What up, B?

Go to Hoopshype....Rumour mill.

would u take him?

Don't want him.....nope.....gimme PJ Brown.

• would u take him?

I don't really see the fit but I trust Nellie, Jr. and the Lil' Gen.

That said, it would seem PJ helps us w/ interior scoring AND toughness more.

I agree w/ y'all. P.J.Brown seems like less of a headache.

• The three guys w/o salaries listed yet. Young is a natural scorer, but he might take a year to really come on. Definitely a better option off the bench than Jarvis Hayes(who won't be coming back) though. Pecherov is capable of shooting threes and is pretty agile for being 7 feet tall. He had a 26 and 14 game in Summer League for whatever thats worth. Dominic McGuire was talked about as a late first round pick, he might have gone higher if he stayed in school one more year. Anyway, he's a shot blocker and rebounder who can defend,but unlike some guys with skills like that he can also score. He seems much better than expected, should find his way into the rotation this year. Andray Blatche is also hopefully going to be much improved this year, his third, even though he got arrested the other day for solicitation.