NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

No doubt. He's a perfect example of the NBA hype machine.

The NBA and most NBA fans are enamored with "Manchild Syndrome".

Seven feet, raw talent and an athletic body will get you drafted in the first round.

Rarely do these guys pan out.

The Mav's wasted a first round pick on the manchild, Leon Smith.

Six months later he was running down the street, naked and painted green, claiming to be an Indian after overdosing on "aspirin"!!!

Kwame will never live up to or justify his draft position.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Six months later he was running down the street, naked and painted green, claiming to be an Indian after overdosing on "aspirin"!!!

Nate showed up to play, too. The kid is looking hungry for a chance to prove himself worth of a spot on the roster this season.

Nate Robinson named MVP of the Summer League and Knicks go undefeated

Im sorry Drewn, but as much as Nate is one of the "Team Spirit" cats, he is just not that good of a decision maker. I dont see him gaining a starting PG spot anywhere in the L. Sparkplug Career Bencher 4 Life.

Onn the real - Balkman & Robinson should play & look better than the rest of the kids in the Summer L.

• Balkman = Kid in the Summer L.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Nate showed up to play, too. The kid is looking hungry for a chance to prove himself worth of a spot on the roster this season.

Im sorry Drewn, but as much as Nate is one of the "Team Spirit" cats, he is just not that good of a decision maker. I dont see him gaining a starting PG spot anywhere in the L. Sparkplug Career Bencher 4 Life.

Nate's play during the summer jawn is a sign of his maturity. I think he's realizing that he can be MUCH MORE effective playing within a system, instead of running wild acting like the game is going to revolve around him without the accountability of a player going into his 3rd year.

At the end of last night's game, he was talking about how he's never beem much of a film guy, but that he's been watching video of Nash, Billups, Kid, etc recently and that's a very good sign. It shows that he's looking to make better decisions on the floor. He made some spectacular dishes to teammates that I'm not used to seeing from dude. I think he showed a lot of potential and proved his worth of taking another change on this season to be a reliable sparkplug and distributor off the bench.

Nate's play during the summer jawn is a sign of his maturity. I think he's realizing that he can be MUCH MORE effective playing within a system, instead of running wild acting like the game is going to revolve around him without the accountability of a player going into his 3rd year.

At the end of last night's game, he was talking about how he's never beem much of a film guy, but that he's been watching video of Nash, Billups, Kid, etc recently and that's a very good sign. It shows that he's looking to make better decisions on the floor. He made some spectacular dishes to teammates that I'm not used to seeing from dude. I think he showed a lot of potential and proved his worth of taking another change on this season to be a reliable sparkplug and distributor off the bench.

Keep Bob Hope Alive!!!!

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

And Von Wafer had 42 points for the Nugs in that last game against NY, and we still lost..

And Seattle was swept. Portland 2-3 I think.

But Summer league don't mean schatt! Haha.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Von Wafer

Didn't he play for the Lakers for a second? Lil man that could jump right?

Von Wafer

Didn't he play for the Lakers for a second? Lil man that could jump right?

He played 16 games for the Lakers, one for the Clippers even. I think he went to the D-league after that, now he's trying out for a spot on the Nuggets I guess. We did pick up another PG but I don't know if our porblem is really solved, and I'm not really sure if Wafer is the right backup PG if we're gonna be starting Atkins now. We'll see. But yeah, sorta little dude (6' 5", certainly not a big dude) with some nice hops.

But yeah, sorta little dude (6' 5", certainly not a big dude) with some nice hops.

And a nice shot! At least, that's what he was on last night.

• Mr_DelmontMr_Delmont 279 Posts
    Sayin'..

Quintel Woods was named summer league MVP a few years back.

Anybody remember him?

Sayin'..

Quintel Woods was named summer league MVP a few years back.

Anybody remember him?

Yeah, he played a little somethin last season.

By the way,

I know I'm not the only one who caught this:

By the way,

I know I'm not the only one who caught this:

I thought the ESPYs was a yawn fest.

Well, I don't really find any awards show to be very entertaining, to be honest, but I certainly wasn't expecting Lebron in Hammer Pants doing a terrible karaoke version of Bobby Brown's "My Perogotive". It caught me off guard, to say the least. And the fact that some lame Boise state 2 pt conversion play beat out a guy doing a double back flip on a dirt bike and darrelle revis' touchdown return with the monster 2-man block and the eluding of 7 other defenders for best play was complete horseshit.

Well, I don't really find any awards show to be very entertaining, to be honest, but I certainly wasn't expecting Lebron in Hammer Pants doing a terrible karaoke version of Bobby Brown's "My Perogotive". It caught me off guard, to say the least. And the fact that some lame Boise state 2 pt conversion play beat out a guy doing a double back flip on a dirt bike and darrelle revis' touchdown return with the monster 2-man block and the eluding of 7 other defenders for best play was complete horseshit.

Exactly dude! Half the awards automatically go to NFL-related shit. The NFL fan population is obviously greater than any other type of sports fan in the country.

I woulda had it like this:

Best Team: Gators Basketball team > The Colts (intensity of that team + players coming back for one more year, which is unheard of these days = 2 peat)

Best Male Athlete: Tiger Woods (domination)

Best play: Travis Pastrana double back flip (I actually saw this shit live on t.v. and was completely blown away, probably one of the most monumental performances in extreme sports history).

yeah, that double backflip shit was banananananas for days. he was robbed.

College football and NFL both get more love than all the other shit, really. I agree, the Gators Bball team should have got that.

• Exactly dude! Half the awards automatically go to NFL-related shit. The NFL fan population is obviously greater than any other type of sports fan in the country.

Truth. It's cos they have the best product.

Fuck that shit.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    Check out this Greg Oden interview

Best quote: "That was not an infection, believe me"

• www.nypost.com

Hey, look who's court that is in the picture.

We'll take our ring now, please.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Hahaha. Mavericks fans always mad.

b/w

This doesn't surprise me one bit...

This is bad.

But then again its the Post.

WOOOH! It's about to get UGGLAY...

The Mafia robbed Dirk & them.

The Mafia made the refs call that ticky-tack foul on Pippen against Starks which sent the Knicks into the Finals.

The Mafia Told Dirk to stay on the Perimeter

The Mafia told Mike Brown to start the Injured and shook Larry Hughes in the Finals.

The Mafia called up Avery Johnson and told him to play "Small Ball" in Game One.

• Batmon's lashin out already. His precious sport is under attack.

There's always the NFL bud.

It's crazy that the three biggest stories in sports right now have nothing to do with the actual games.

• It's crazy disgusting[/b] that the three biggest stories in sports right now have nothing to do with the actual games.

"Everybody's talkin bout the good ol' days..."

There's always the NFL bud.

I prefer sports w/ out padding.

www.nypost.com

Hey, look who's court that is in the picture.

We'll take our ring now, please.

that's funny, I always make the comment to my friends when the refs are calling too many bullshit fouls on one team in a game that it's the mafia taking control. i never thought that was real though, shit.