NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I wouldn't really call Webber a low post "threat"... maybe a "presence", in the strictest sense of being on the court and breathing.

And I say that as a Webber fan...

No doubt. I dont think he puts them over the top.
    Besides when its time to start Runnin'NGunnin, Webber cant keep up anymore. He was perfect for Detroit system.

There's a decent article in this months Slam 'bout the Webber/Nellie/Warriors story.

• they need a Low Post threat

Yah...it doesn't even necessarily have to be a big. Just someone that can score back-to-basket.

BRANDON BASS

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Portland gets Blake back, Denver signs Chucky Atkins. I think it's a good look for Denver to pick up a point guard with a good amount of experience in the league, plus he's a decent outside shooter who can help take some of the heat off iverson and carmelo.

Portland gets Blake back, Denver signs Chucky Atkins. I think it's a good look for Denver to pick up a point guard with a good amount of experience in the league, plus he's a decent outside shooter who can help take some of the heat off iverson and carmelo.

Portland is not playin...damn.

That's a good look by Denver. Any guard that plays opposite Iverson is gonna be a role player dude.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Chucky Atkins is crap. Blake is mediocre at best.

Blake is a decent point guard. He would be a nice fit w/ the Cavs who need a regular PG.

Blake is a decent point guard. He would be a nice fit w/ the Cavs who need a regular PG.

He'll be "sufficient", but I don't know if sufficient will cut it if Cleveland is looking to win it all.

He'll be "sufficient", but I don't know if sufficient will cut it if Cleveland is looking to win it all.

Well their not gonna get Nash or any other Superstar PG. So someone like Bibby is "efficient" enuff for what their doing. LeBoring needs someone to pass him the ball.
    Denver needs a regular guard next to A.I. cause the mouse dude shot the ball to much a got shipped to Milwaukee.

Just wondering, why do you call him "Leboring"?

• Mr_DelmontMr_Delmont 279 Posts
    the question is....

With the addition of Blake we now have Blake, Jack, Rodriguez and Taurean Green at PG.

Thats not even mentioning Pritch has said B Roy will play some point....i'm guessing mostly in the 3rd and 4th.

So who is gonna get the axe.

Green would be the likely pick....but we just signed him to a contract. I guess we could send him to Idaho....but i doubt it since he is playing better then Rodriguez down in Vegas.

I think it's gonna be Jack or Rodriguez.

Any bets?

Some sportwriter called him that during the Finals.
    Their non-existing offense along w/ his dribble 10 times on the wing and then shoot a three was crazy lame. We all know he can "play" but there were long stretches against the Spurs and even the Pistons where he looked predictable.

I agree.

Ill say Jack

Their non-existing offense along w/ his dribble 10 times on the wing and then shoot a three was crazy lame. We all know he can "play" but there were long stretches against the Spurs and even the Pistons where he looked predictable.

Yup. Lebron's best shot is pretty much the team's best shot though. Who can really blame him. Same situation with KB in LA.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

Any bets?

im going with jarret jack, he prolly has the most value for a trade, will they package him with anyone else to get more depth at a different position?

btw, in those buyout deals like for steve francis, why is that the team cant orchestrate a better deal for themselves? i mean steve francis gets 30 out of 34 million? youd think since its a win/win situation for both parties, a better agreement could be reached, steveie franchise and all those other players who go bought out seem to ahve gotten over like fat rats.

Yup. Lebron's best shot is pretty much the team's best shot though. Who can really blame him. Same situation with KB in LA.

At least Lamar Odom can have stretches of Pippen-esque. There's no one on Cleveland who can "take over" when LeBoring is cold. Boobie's playoff magic aint on night in and night out thang either.

Im waitng for Bynum to emerge this year. Not a some all star, just as a "oh shit he's here" look

At least Lamar Odom can have stretches of Pippen-esque. There's no one on Cleveland who can "take over" when LeBoring is cold. Boobie's playoff magic aint on night in and night out thang either.

Im waitng for Bynum to emerge this year. Not a some all star, just as a "oh shit he's here" look

I was just watching clips of Pippen yesterday....there's a reason why he's gonna be a hall-of-famer. Odom ain't close to him.

Bynum, I have no expectations for whatsoever. The kid is still largely undeveloped and is way too young to be a significant factor. I'm still rooting for Kwame Brown, cuz he has the prototypical center/PF physique. Something I like to see at those positions. I'd rather have a grind-it-out player in the middle, (think Mark Madsen) than a finesse.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

Denver needs a regular guard next to A.I. cause the mouse dude shot the ball to much a got shipped to Milwaukee.

Haha! So true.

I'm still rooting for Kwame Brown, cuz he has the prototypical center/PF physique. Something I like to see at those positions. I'd rather have a grind-it-out player in the middle, (think Mark Madsen) than a finesse.

True. When is this cat gonna "emerge". Maybe he has to go somewhere there's lower expectations and his "develop" his game. Im skeptical about Kwame.

• Mr_DelmontMr_Delmont 279 Posts
    We actually got a better deal than most teams that choose to buy out a contract.

How much ever Francis gets signed for......Portland gets half of it.

Most teams (i.e. Philadelphia w/ Webber) get the shaft. It's sad.

We would buy out Miles contract but he wont accept it. he says he is 'rehabbing' and will be ready by by the 2008-2009 season.

Fuck Darius!

We would buy out Miles contract but he wont accept it. he says he is 'rehabbing' and will be ready by by the 2008-2009 season.
    Fuck Darius!

Dude is smart for "sittin" on his contract. I dont think he play again and knows it. Get Money!

I'm still rooting for Kwame Brown, cuz he has the prototypical center/PF physique. Something I like to see at those positions. I'd rather have a grind-it-out player in the middle, (think Mark Madsen) than a finesse.

True. When is this cat gonna "emerge". Maybe he has to go somewhere there's lower expectations and his "develop" his game. Im skeptical about Kwame.

He's not gonna "emerge" in the sense that he's gonna live up to being the #1 draft pick, but I am rooting for him to be a 15 and 8 type of guy. The thing is, he doesn't need to be "great" if KB is staying. If he plays with more confidence, he could hold his own with most bigs in the league.

Kwame, has played with arguably the game's two biggest egos (Mike and Kobe) and had to live up to their perfectionist expectations. He probably would have fared better in less demanding circumstances.

He's not gonna "emerge" in the sense that he's gonna live up to being the #1 draft pick, but I am rooting for him to be a 15 and 8 type of guy. The thing is, he doesn't need to be "great" if KB is staying. If he plays with more confidence, he could hold his own with most bigs in the league.

Kwame, has played with arguably the game's two biggest egos (Mike and Kobe) and had to live up to their perfectionist expectations. He probably would have fared better in less demanding circumstances.

No doubt. He's a perfect example of the NBA hype machine.

No doubt. He's a perfect example of the NBA hype machine.

That's why I favor TNT broadcasts over ESPN. ESPN analysts have no choice but to "take a stance", and casual fans get brain-washed without trying to evaluate players based on their own viewing experience.

You can say that I'm on a one-man crusade in this regard.

Dogs im feelin those Kobe Zoom II. Would u cop?

If I wasn't broke. I tried 'em on, they seem like a good shoe.

Wait until the price drops. Ballers are sayin its a very good performance shoe.

Wait until the price drops. Ballers are sayin its a very good performance shoe.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    John Canzano is an idiot. No one in their right mind thinks the Blazers are making moves to clear capspace in the future and eventually sign Chris Paul.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Nate showed up to play, too. The kid is looking hungry for a chance to prove himself worth of a spot on the roster this season.

Nate Robinson named MVP of the Summer League and Knicks go undefeated