NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Late pass...

I wouldnt worry about Oden yet.

Keep in mind (in their first summer league).....Sam Bowie had 54 points and 10 blocked shots in his first summer league game, Shaq went 32 for 33 at the foul line during his first 7 summer league games, Duncan was owned by Ostertag in his first and Wilt Chamberlain was scoreless in his first two summer league games.

Summer league games can be very misleading.

Yeah true BUT fouls are fouls and his problem was he got called for a shitload of fouls. He'll get those same fouls called in the regular season, regardless of the teams he plays against. He just needs to tame his D a little. He'll get there. I ain't worried.

By the way, you guys just grabbed 2 more new players (James Jones and a PHX draft pick I think), you still consider your team as developing and not rebuilding again?? What is that, 8 new players since draft day? just funnin'

• Mr_DelmontMr_Delmont 279 Posts
    You're a Golden State guy right?

Portland stepped to Matt Barnes this morning. They want to throw their mid level exception his way.

Any news in down in Cali about what the Dubs are doing to resign this guy?

Does Portland actually have a shot?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Harvey,

I sorta have this place on lock. So if you're gonna come in here with this sorta bullshit,

But still, rookie Durant is going to apparently shock the hell out of y'all with his 34 point per game average.

yea...you gone get it son!

Don't worry too much...I've always been a fan of the one Kobe Bryant.

And my favorite team is the New Orelans Jazz (never Utah, young man).

So NBA-related conflict between us should be at a minimum.

cool.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

Portland stepped to Matt Barnes this morning. They want to throw their mid level exception his way.

with all the room that GS made by shipping off JR, my best guess is that the W's will re-sign Barnes to a decent mid-level four year or something like that. He (Barnes) definitely values playing for Nellie and Mullin, and I don't think he'd be as effective (even off the bench) in any other system outside of the circus sideshow that is the current GS roster.
    I'd like to see the W's focus on talking Nellie back down to earth with what he expects contractually first.

• I'd like to see the W's focus on talking Nellie back down to earth

Hahahah! Good luck w/ that. I think he lives on the planet Bud Light.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I'd like to see the W's focus on talking Nellie back down to earth

During the playoffs Nellie told reporters that his game plans get better the more he drinks!

• I'd like to see the W's focus on talking Nellie back down to earth

During the playoffs Nellie told reporters that his game plans get better the more he drinks!

Exactly. He had a quote about drawing up gameplans on bar napkins prior to the Mavs series, and the more scotch he drank the better the gameplan got.

I love Nelly. I just wish I didn't hate him.

• Trade Marbury

I watched that summer league Game where Balkman handed Durant his heart.

Should Balkman start over Quentin Richardson? Even though Q is a reliable shooter and above average one on one defender.

i dont know man, i'm a pretty big balkman proponent .. i'd love to see him start eventually. i'd rather go steph/Q/balk/zach/curry with lee and crawford being the first guys off the bench. maybe i'm getting ahead of myself but i think balkman has the potential to be one of the better perimeter defenders in the league.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    maybe i'm getting ahead of myself but i think balkman has the potential to be one of the better perimeter defenders in the league.

That's not far off. But Im not seein him against Power Forward's unless its Rashard Lewis at the 4 in Orlando or Light Weight Wing Mobile 4s in the L.

I'm the Denver dude.

• maybe i'm getting ahead of myself but i think balkman has the potential to be one of the better perimeter defenders in the league.

That's not far off. But Im not seein him against Power Forward's unless its Rashard Lewis at the 4 in Orlando or Light Weight Wing Mobile 4s in the L.

nah i see him as a 3 primarily with the size/speed to play the 2 or 4 depending on matchups

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

I'd like to see the W's focus on talking Nellie back down to earth with what he expects contractually first.

from what i read he just wants the 6million or whatever guaranteed instead of having a 3mil base and a bunch of incentives.

kind of sucks, dude signed a contract now he's practically holding the dubs hostage. you figure he'll get it. the bay loves nellie.

some news:

portland waives francis

d howard signing for 5 more in orlando

darko signing with memphis

g wallace signing for 6 more in charlotte

LA gets D fish back

joakim noah has a partially torn rotator cuff and is done for the summer

LA gets D fish back

Woah fo real? Didn't think we'd really get him. I guess Kobe will be running out of excuses soon....We still need KG, some how, some way...

I remember watching t.v. and the International squads were like "I wanna get Magic and Michael's autographs!". All Hall-of-Fame vs star-struck international squads. Just not fair:

some news:

portland waives francis

d howard signing for 5 more in orlando

darko signing with memphis

g wallace signing for 6 more in charlotte

LA gets D fish back

joakim noah has a partially torn rotator cuff and is done for the summer

Francis can now choose which team he get injured for.

Dwight Howard > Oden

Fuck Darko

MJ held on to Wallace I guess

Good for Fisher & the Lakers. I was kinda happy w/ him being that vet for Utah. Oh well.
    His decision had alot to do w/ getting to a city w/ the right medical care for his daughter.

Fuck Noah.

• Fuck Darko

Fuck Noah.

What's up Silky Johnson?

Fuck Darko

Fuck Noah.

What's up Silky Johnson?

Shit sounds funny, but I dont know the reference.....

• Fuck Darko

Fuck Noah.

What's up Silky Johnson?

Chappelle's show. Silky was the all-time "Player Hater".

Fuck Darko

Fuck Noah.

What's up Silky Johnson?

Chappelle's show. Silky was the all-time "Player Hater".

Dallas held on to Devean George......whatta ya think?

• Dallas held on to Devean George......whatta ya think?

Not too much. He was good in the reg season but disappeared against GS but pretty much everyone else did so I guess he gets a pass too. Cheap contract, good defender.

• Steve Francis remains the Clippers' No. 1 free-agent target ??? and the Clippers are still considered the team most likely to sign Francis.

But don't discount Dallas.

The scoring guard formerly known as Stevie Franchise in Houston has a close relationship with Mavericks coach and offseason Houston resident Avery Johnson, who is heading Dallas' recruitment of both Francis and Chris Webber.

It's believed that the Mavs favor Webber if they have to choose between the two. Yet they're also contemplating whether to divvy up their $5.3 million exception in an attempt to sign both former All-Stars, as Dallas searches for an additional offensive threat or two that can prevent opposing defenses from focusing so heavily on Dirk Nowitzki.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    If you guys sign Franchise and Webber you can say goodbye to the trophy this year. FILE IT.

• If you guys sign Franchise and Webber you can say goodbye to the trophy this year. FILE IT.

I do appreciate the phrasology that makes it seem as if it would be ours prior to the signings.

I don't see how Webber helps us in the GSW series. Francis is better than JET though. More consistent offensively, I believe. Definitely a better driver.

Yall are contenders. It's not a stretch to say that. But I don't see it happening with Webber and Franchise. No sir.

• Yall are contenders. It's not a stretch to say that. But I don't see it happening with Webber and Franchise. No sir.

IF WE SIGN C. WEBB DO WE AUTOMATICALLY BECOME ED'S PICK TO WIN IT ALL NEXT YEAR?

Yall are contenders. It's not a stretch to say that. But I don't see it happening with Webber and Franchise. No sir.

IF WE SIGN C. WEBB DO WE AUTOMATICALLY BECOME ED'S PICK TO WIN IT ALL NEXT YEAR?

As far as I'm concerned, Dallas is a contender with or without any new acquisitions. Just as long as they don't face Golden State in the playoffs.

As far as I'm concerned, Dallas is a contender with or without any new acquisitions. Just as long as they don't face Golden State in the playoffs.

I still say they need a Low Post threat. Not an All-Star threat just a consitant threat that will make defenses collapse and open up the perimeter.

Francis at his best is better than Jet, but Jet now has way more playoff exp than Francis.
    Im not sold that Francis can return to his Baron Davis type days.

I wouldn't really call Webber a low post "threat"... maybe a "presence", in the strictest sense of being on the court and breathing.

And I say that as a Webber fan...