stripes vs caddyshack?

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
me by a mile or 4peace, head...

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    "I like skydiving naked and bullfights on acid."

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i just googled john laroquette and came across this mspaint of his head in a fishing net

how many comics "have that going for them"?

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    No contest Caddyshack!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Stripes.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Stripes.

When i was 12 years old, my teacher (Miss Glass, HOT) brought our class to the new 'AV room' along with two other classes and we watched a badly dubbed VHS copy of Stripes.

It was a formative moment in my life and to this day i have no idea why it happened.

(Stripes was an R13 movie in NZ, we were all 12)

Miss Glass, wherever you are: you rock my world.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    i started caddying at wingedfoot golf club when i was 14, so Caddy Shack holds a special place in my heart.

"Cindarella story, from out of nowhere, former groundskeeper..."

• absolutely no contest, even though him & sgt hulka we're funny.... caddyshack is some funny stuff!!! hahha the part when chevy is playin at night and hits the ball into murray's shack... he is talkin about his kentucky bluegrass and chase it with the cannonball... crazy!! when he's trippin talking about the gopher as varmit-kong, just so many classic scenes!! unfukwitable!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Yeah tough call. I'd say tie...

Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual.[/b]

Tito Puente's gonna be dead, and you're gonna say, "Oh, I've been listening to him for years, and I think he's fabulous."[/b]

Ma'am, I'm sure there are a lot of ways I've gone that you haven't.[/b]

So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.[/b]

I smell varmint poontang. And the only good varmint poontang is dead varmint poontang, I think.[/b]

Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key...[/b]

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    I just watched Caddyshack over the weekend for the first time in a bit. Two words: Rodney Dangerfield. I love his first appearance when he walks into the shop like "gimme two of these, six of these ... I bet when you buy this hat you get a free bowl of soup. But it looks good on you, though"

Shit is so beyond classic. That said, Stripes was probably my first "favorite movie" and actually deserves another viewing quite soon.

Tough to choose between such classics but, due to a very stoned and joyous Sunday morning, I have Caddyshack on the brain right now.

nananananananananana ...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    caddyshack...stripes falls short at the end

the real star of cadyshack is Ted Knight.

"It's easy to grin, when your ship has come in. Or you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile. When his shorts are too tight in the seat."

• Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

ted knight is a comic genius!!!!! loved him on the few old tv sitcoms he did.

• the real star of cadyshack is Kenny Loggins[/b].

• jazzercismjazzercism 838 Posts
    I fucking love Stripes. I've seen it about 100 times and it's one of my favorite comedies. I also find Bill Murray to be funnier in Stripes than in Caddyshack.

"Lee Harvey, you are a madman. When you stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow. I want to party with you, cowboy. If the two of us together, forget it."

That being said, the second half of Stripes is kind of a letdown and not nearly as funny when they get into the whole "shoot the Commies with an RV" part.

Caddyshack is without a doubt a much better film.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    caddyshack....its not even close.

my favorite line:

"The world need's ditch-diggers too"

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Caddyshack

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

ted knight is a comic genius!!!!! loved him on the few old tv sitcoms he did.

Missssssssssster scholarship winner.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Caddyshack all day.
    Ted Knight is just in top form (along with the rest of the cast).
    IMG SRC=http://thestockmasters.com/images/judge-smails-hat.gif>
    "Top Notch, TOP NOTCH!"

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

"Are you gonna eat your fat?"[/b]

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    No contest, Stripes is funny for the first 45 minutes, but Caddyshack is hilarious all the way thru. No one is touching Rodney's performance. And Lacey Underall wipes the floor with the MP chicks in Stripes.

"For me, there's a subtle perfection in everything I do."

"Are you gonna eat your fat?"[/b]

SPALDING!!!!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I can't BELIEVE people are answering Stripes -
    I mean, yeah, it's hilarious ("touch any of my stuff -
    and I'll kill yah. Call me Francis - and I'll kill yah")
    but Caddyshack is quite possibly THE FUNNIEST MOVIE EVAR.

"... yeah, there's a pool ... and a pond, um, the pond
    might be better for you"
    " ... or the pool"
    "yeah, pool, pond ..."

• I have to laugh, because I've outsmarted even myself. My enemy, my foe, is an animal. In order to conquer the animal, I have to learn to think like an animal. And, whenever possible, to look like one. I've gotta get inside this guy's pelt and crawl around for a few days.

or

Judge Smails: Ty, I'm no slouch you know.
    Ty Webb: Don't be so hard on yourself, judge. You're a tremendous slouch.

chevy was huge on the sarcassim in this movie was/is/and always will be a top comedy classik!

I have to laugh, because I've outsmarted even myself. My enemy, my foe, is an animal. In order to conquer the animal, I have to learn to think like an animal. And, whenever possible, to look like one. I've gotta get inside this guy's pelt and crawl around for a few days.

Who's the gopher's ally. His friends. The harmless squirrel and the friendly rabbit.

all of you guys are killing me right now. how can you not like the ending of stripes? ramis with a machine gun blasting from the back of an armored rv? john candy on the cover of teen beat? joe flarhety splashing hot coffee in dude's face everytime

also i love ramis and murray on camera together

army recruiter "are either one of you homosexual?"

(long )

ramis: "No, we aren't homosexual. But we're WILLING to learn."
    murray: "do we have to go to a special place for that?"

army recruiter: "have either one of you been convicted of a felony?"
    ramis & murray: "no, never convicted."

laroquette peeping tom commander: "i didn't know they could do that!"

the rage is welling up

come on

i think i like stripes because the humor is more on the sarcastic side.

Stripes was probably my first "favorite movie" and actually deserves another viewing quite soon.

yeah i just rented the 'extended version' on dvd recently with a bunch of deleted scenes which is why i started this thread. highly recommended!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

CANNONBALL!!!

soulonice:

you're dead to me

i don't want to be the djarcadian in the Still Tippin vs Stay Fly thread